1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Lifestyle OCD Habits

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Kitsune, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Kitsune

Do you have any obsessive-compulsive habits? Examples would be excessive hand-washing or going back three times to make sure you locked the front door.

Obviously, these human behaviors exist on a spectrum. Most people notice a few of these traits popping up from time to time. To people who suffer from severe OCD, it can be a debilitating condition that causes great inconvenience and embarrassment.

I've read a theory that these behaviors may go back to animal grooming habits. What might appear compulsive in our modern age may have once served a purpose.

As a kid I had weird compulsion to touch things twice. It wasn't superstitious and I can't give a good reason for why I felt compelled to do that. I just had to urge and felt really unsettled if I didn't do it. Luckily I grew out of it but I feel like that was an example of minor OCD.

Have you ever felt any obsessive-compulsive urges?

Tags:
  2. Supreme King of The Alley - Lord Ashi Pichu!

Catdank Faction:

I wouldnt call it ocd but the lights being on at home during the day makes me uneasy

3. ~M~ Do it for her

I'm a relatively obsessive person. I just channel it away from compulsions and addictions. I recently listened to the audio book Be Obsessed or Be Average and I recommend it on this matter

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Sixth Ranger Chikara

I like to have an even number of things and for things to be symmetrical. Don’t know if it’s ocd though.

5. Moritsune Aku Soku Zan Moderator

Towels being folded wrong bothers me a lot, I always refold them in the lab when my co-workers fuck it up. Same thing goes for having sample cups and such stained with oil, I like to keep everything in there pristine.

6. Lord Valgaav I'll bite ya

A lot actually.

-I simply must make my bed as soon as I get up for the day. Like that has to be first.
    -I only eat with a particular plate, bowl, and silverware and only drink from a particular glass. Which makes me wonder why I have all the rest.
    -At work I organize how all the glasses are arranged from regular ans kid's sizes, freshly washed and old, and stack height.
    -Also at work, if I'm washing anything I organize the order I put all the dishes in their trays before putting them through the washer.
    -I have a particular spot where I place everything in my bedroom. So that whether calling it a night or headed out, everything is exactly where it's supposed to be.
    -When I sweep, my trash piles have to be in 'perfect' circles.

And the list goes on.

7. Walterb Member

Going back to make sure I locked the door. This SO MUCH. Also at night just making sure the door is locked.

8. Natty Cursed lipstick lesbo

Flag:
    Canada

I don't have any really irrational obsessive tendencies. I do tend to obsess about people though, but that's an unrelated mental illness.

I guess the closest is biting and chewing my fingers and finger nails. When I get anxious, it goes into hyperdrive, but even when I'm doing nothing, I can't help it. I've been told by a psych that it maybe a small way to self harm since I do it until I bleed.

9. Lillianne von Phoenix I wanna be a mobile supercomputer

Well I almost always have to arrange things in a certain way even if I don't have to. Same for doing things in a certain order. And my brain freezes up if I get distracted and miss a step lol.

10. Aphrodite Well-Known Member

I do wash my hands constantly. There have been times i double checked to make sure my door is locked but largely cause the area i live in isnt the best. I have double checked to make sure i turned off the stove several times but not sure if its considered ocd or forgetfulness but i do have a handwashing issue. :lmao

11. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Flag:
    Argentina, Mexico
    Not sure if it'd count though