1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Oda's Future???

Discussion in 'One Piece Harbour' started by Futagokage, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Futagokage

After Akira Toriyama finished Dragon Ball, he kept writing manga, but none of are very popular (or even popular at least), But, even if you flame me, i really like OP more than DB (If you are going to say that "Arale" is famous, I have to tell you that yes, it is, but it's also older).

My point, If Oda were to end OP In december (to say some date), Do you think he will begin a new project?

Does this New project could be as good as One Piece?

I really believe so, but I want to hear what you have to say.

Tags:
  2. Louis-954

Oda said in an SBS that he would like to make a Manga that has to do with Robots.

I think he will take a well deserved break after OP ends and then begin his Robot Manga.

Oda is my favorite Mangaka, w/e he decides to do next will no doubt be spectacular imo.

3. Masaki

Well, Akira's later works may not have been so great because it's possible he used up all of his good ideas when he was forced to continue Dragonball past the Frieza saga. I mean, in a world of ki blasts and strong punches, you then throw in Buu, he kinda seems out of place.

But Odacchi will definitly write an amazing manga when he's done with OP.

4. Bananna

I frankly doubt he could pull another One Piece, but I am looking foreward to what he'd do after. Of course by that time I'd probably be out of *college*, but still.

5. Futagokage

Is not there a thread about this point yet??? I would really like to discuss it (because as some DB fans I feel that after Frieza DB lost something).

Robots? That sounds interesting...

6. Molekage

robot manga huh? that sounds interesting.

it should be good, but he has a lot of expectations to meet.

7. Aman

His next manga might be good, but I doubt it will be better than One Piece, at least to us. It just won't be the same thing.

And about DBZ and OP, to me DB is a legend, I like them in different ways, can't really compare.

8. Monkey D Luffy UK

Dragonball Z was one of the first anime shows that i seriously watched and it is still one of my top faves, One Piece is slightly ahead and it'll be interesting to see where Oda goes next after One Piece, mind you i think he should take a break before going in and starting a new series. Usually this falls under the effects various creators of popular stories have encountered, Chris Carter never introduced a popular successor to the X-Files & the Joey spin-off died after 2 seasons. (yes i know they're american shows but i'm just trying to put a point across)
    As for the DB topic, i started watching Dragonball Z just before the end of the Frieza Saga and to date the Trunks Saga still remains my fave arc, mostly because of the titular character introduced. However i do notice what one of the previous posters mentioned about Buu saga feeling out of place. That was one arc where i felt that it was being way too stretched and i couldn't help but hysterically laugh when michelin version of Buu was introduced.

9. Futagokage

I lose all interest in Dragon Ball after Cell Arc, the Great Saiyaman just killed DBZ to me.

10. Moondoggie

I think after One Piece. Oda will maybe drop off the face of the earth for several months and when we least expect it he will pop up again with a new great manga. Probably the Robot themed one that was mentioned.

He'll probably use those months to rest and draft.

11. ZE

Then there is the fact that C-16 had an explosive inside him who was powerful enough to destroy the hearth, that means Dr. Gero could have destroyed everything if he wanted with the bombs he implanted inside the androids. And many more, in fact, the cell saga is the saga with more errors, buu saga was ok, but it was definitely better than the cell saga.

12. Hitotsumami

I read that interview about the robot manga theme. I think that would be awesome. ^_^

13. Louis-954

14. Hitotsumami

I wonder what it could possibly be about... How would robots work for Oda... Hmm..

15. Mango Flavour

"I'm the man who will become the robot king"

16. Hitotsumami

Ah! If Oda actaully pulls something like that, I don't know what I would do.

17. Megadoomer

If Oda made a robot manga after One Piece, there would probably be references to One Piece in there. For example, one of the main enemies could be a robot that looks almost exactly like Franky.

18. Hitotsumami

Or they might use snails to communicate or something.

19. Monkey D Luffy UK

Or 20 years after the "Robot King" achieved sentience and he said that the path to intelligence could be taken by any other robots and so began a golden age of robots...

20. Spike

It will be hard to surpass or even be at the same level as OP, but it will without a doubt be great. Personally, I don't care much for robots, so I hope Oda's will be different.

21. Senior_Superboy

That would just be stupid haha. Unless they made references but only little ones such as what Hito said.

22. Louis-954

Oda's been hinting that he's secretly a robot whore.... >.>

Franky, Luffy's Gears, Luffy in the Chopperman special. o.o