1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

odd coincidence?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by R_Lee86, Jun 5, 2007.

1. R_Lee86 Asshole

This just dawned on me while watching episode 16. The Fourth Kazekage was Gaara's father, and the Fourth Hokage sealed the Kyuubi in Naruto. Is this why everyone is convinced Yonidame is Naruto's father?

Tags:
  2. pterodon Member

no... just look at naruto and yondaime...
    rasengan only 3 ppl till now can do this (naruto, jirayja and yondaime)
    look at the hair (mostly the hair of the relatives in animé have the same hairtype)
    now last... wich baby would you trust with the strongest bijuu of them all? a complete stranger with no ninjafamily? or your own son?

but... time will tell, there's no 100% proof that they're father and son..

tho, you've got a good point..

3. Catterix is a super awesome

Nah, its just a coincidence. Not even much of an odd one.

Most people just choose to believe this because they look similar, it makes a typical/interesting story and it would make more sense for hte 4th to use his own son rather than just grab a random baby out of a mother's arms.

I'm more curious about who his mother is, that's more interesting to me. Did she die giving birth, like Gaara's did? And when was the kyuubi sealed in Naruto, before or after he was born?

And Kankurou-san, no he didn't and what the hell are you talking about? I fail to see how that relates to anything other than "same attack, obviously a father..." argument. Just hush :)

4. pterodon Member

well they said naruto had no siblings so she probably died during giving birth or when fighting kyuubi... and its said they planted kyuubi in a new born kid;)

5. Catterix is a super awesome

Oh Yeah. Damnit, I thought I had something interesting :p

Or of course the mum just left, so upset at what happened to her child. Which would make a fun unity.

Very slight spoiler for anime

6. Mek Blaze Colossal

Its just a completely normal coincidence.

7. Even [Taka] Translator

8. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

We were told Kyuubi got sealed inside Naruto as soon as he was disconnected from the mother. He still has blood and plesenta (? I don't know how you're supposed to write it in english.) on him.

9. Protege What?! I'm Only A

It's probably because he looks like that, (it's not a spoiler because we already seen pictures of him :amuse )

10. Delta Shell The Pose of Love, people..

Yeah, the parallels between Naruto and the fourth and the physical resemblance would lead one to believe it was his dad.

Also the fact that it'd give reason as to why Naruto was chosen.

11. Space Jam Shichibukai

It could be his brother?.........Why does it have to be his dad

I think its a coincidence.

12. Tyrannos Living a Life

I think Kishimoto did purposely have a parallelization between Naruto and Gaara (which is literally reflected in the Mirror moment). They are both Jinchuurki's that had a horrible childhood, Gaara's father is the Yondaime Kazekage, and his mother died in childbirth.

This is one of the evidence I use to believe that Naruto's father was indeed the Yondaime Hokage, and his mother died in childbirth (like Gaara's).

I like to believe that she died shortly after giving birth. That would leave a prime opportunity for a very emotional scene if Kishimoto does show that moment in the manga during a flashback. I could easily see her smiling at them and in dramatic fashion the scene cutting to her hand falling limp and him going off to fight the Kyuubi.

That to me is the better option than others have suggested. :wink