1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Denver Broncos Thread!

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Kon, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Kon

Ok, this is for all subject that include the Denver Broncos. I figure, Denver is much better than Chicago so we should get a thread too. :)

Anyways, Broncos started off 0-1, but have started to get back to their usual selves at 4-1. They have beat Ray Lewis and the Baltimore Ravens (formerly undefeated, and have not lost since.), Tom Brady and the Patriots (I also believe they were undefeated before they came to Denver), Randy Moss and the Raiders (Default win.. lol.), and Larry Johnson with the Chiefs.

The defense has given up TDs in the red zone LESS THAN 2% of the time. Have allowed only ONE touchdown all year. Has least points allowed per game ( I believe.. after the sad performance of Chicago vs Arizona.) at around 7.4 points per game allowed. The defense has to be the best in the league, Period.

Although so far the offense has been a bit dismal, it seems like Denver has been just getting a lead and letting the defense do the rest. I believe the offense WILL get better, and this team has a good year ahead of it. 4-1 for now will update with more stats etc later. :amuse

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Junas

Hell yeah! I love those Broncos!!! The last time I heard of the Ravens, they lost another game!:amazed I think the Broncos' defense is just amazing, I mean just 1 touchdown in 5 games??? That's something you don't see or hear very often. The last time that happened was in 1943? When I heard of Chicago-Arizona game last night, I was surprised.:huh Seems like they have high expectations of the Bears. I think they are good, but they will have to play the Broncos first. Just my thoughts.:amuse

3. Kon

Broncos don't play the Bears.. Maybe in the superbowl.

4. Junas

I know that. They will have to be in the Super Bowl. That would be something to watch!

5. Sorrow-Tear's Champion

I have nothing against the Broncos, in fact I've always been a Jake Plummer fan and Champ Bailey is one of my favorite players in the league. But after you ragged on my Bears, did you happen to watch the game against Oakland. They did everything they could to lose by 50 and you guys didn't play that well. While I'm not overly happy about the Bears performance against Zona, I'd be more embarrased to win against a sorry Oakland team that laid down for you by only 10, than to escape from a Zona team that played their buts off. Although you did beat Baltimore, and anyone who beats them gets points in my book.

6. Stealth Tomato

The defense is not as good as it looks right now, and the offense is not as bad as it looks.
    The Broncos are not headed to the Big Game this year... they're not even going to make the playoffs if they don't get the wild card. (San Diego is an incredible team this year)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  7. Kon

Yes, I did happen to watch the game. Did you notice how we were ahead the whole time? Did you notice that the defense allowed only 3 points? I admit it wasn't the best looking game, especially against the Raiders. Meanwhile, the Bears had a much worse game versus Arizona.. That.. was.. luck on a huge scale.. lol. And for Vash, I don't think the defense is gonna maintain how good they have been doing. I believe the offense will pick it up as well. Either way I believe Denver has a top - 5 Defense. And I believe they win their division. San Diego isn't that good, Kansas city blows, Raiders blow the hardest. Which leaves Denver. But, as always, Denver doesn't get credit for anything. We gotta wait til the AFC championship this year before anyone will say " Maybe they can go to the superbowl" or "Maybe this is a good team". It's been like that for a long time, but notice that the always talked about Colts never go anywhere.

8. Stealth Tomato

You're saying your team is talked down and gets deep, while the Colts are talked up and don't? I seem to recall them knocking you out of the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years.
    By the way, I'm not a fan of the Colts hype, ever. Last year they had a shot. Every other year (this one included) their defense is just horrible.

9. Nice Gai

Oh wow we got a thread like this. I love the Broncos to death. Been a hardcore fan since early 90s. Man I miss Terrell Davis.

10. Vince Johnson

remember 99' when the jets was beating you 10-0 eheheh

11. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

I think the Broncos kept on getting better the past 3 seasons, and this year yeh fans feel yeh got a special team. The biggest monkey on your back the past 3 seasons, has been the Colts. You guys got a fantastic running game, and the Colts D is lame against the run, still you can't beat em. They've got an upgrade this week via a Bucs trade, adding DT Anthony McFarland addressing a leaky run D.

No disrespect but your week 8 matchup with Indy will provide us some answers. If you get past them, you still got two very tough games against a division rival, the Bolts. You'll most likely split them, but the Indy game will tell us where you guys stand in the tough AFC playoff picture. I say beat Payton and Co and I'll believe you've got a shot for a date in Miami.

However I have to say that it's such a huge monkey, I'd classify it as a gorilla. But hey Payton drilled the gorilla of his back last year, only to find a new one to replace lol.

12. b0rt

Hmm. . Denver. What can I say? They're as inconsistent as it gets, but their defense is among the best as well. I mean you lose to the Rams, and beat the Patriots and Ravens. Not often will that wide of a gap happen. But Denver has a great defense and defense wins games, it's been proven time after time.

I see Denver winning 11 games this year, but the Super Bowl might be pushing it a little. Especially when you're in the same conference as New England, Indianapolis, and San Diego.

13. Sorrow-Tear's Champion

As I said we nearly lost to a team that played their ass off, and you struggled against the worst team in the league that rolled over for you. Yes we were very lucky to win the Arizona game. What's your excuse for playing down to Oakland's level. San Diego isn't that good, this is either homerism to the extreme or complete idiocy. The Colts have been one of the top teams for the past few years that's why they're talked about so often.

14. Stealth Tomato

You think New England and Indanapolis are the two biggest threats in the AFC? They've both been skating against terrible teams.

15. Orga777

Um... Indy beat the Giants and Jags. The Patriots took it to Cincinnati. Bad teams they are not...

As for Denver, if there offense catches on, then they will be a contender for the Super Bowl just like they were last year. But I don't see that happening right now with all of the teams they have to face in the AFC.

16. b0rt

Broncos seem to choke against the shitty teams and play well against the good teams. :huh

17. Kon

Bolts are overrated. The Broncos play many very GOOD teams this season. Talk is cheap, and we'll have to wait and see what happens.:)

18. b0rt

If Denver can beat San Diego both times this year then I will admit that Denver is a better team, however if San Diego wins both games then vice-versa. If they split then I'll judge it based on who goes farther into the playoffs and finishes with a better overall record, as well a bit based on statistics and teams they beat and lost to. So far San Diego lost to Baltimore, who is a good team for sure. And Denver lost to St. Louis who well, aren't as good as Baltimore that's for sure. So I mean yeah, see where I'm coming from?

19. Kon

Rams were very first game. Call it a warmup where the offense couldn't get anything going. Since then.. ? 4-0 :)

20. Stealth Tomato

The offense hasn't gotten anything going since then either. :oh

21. Kon

22. b0rt

Vash is right though. The offense really hasn't gotten going. I mean they're the same team who scored a combined 19 points against the Rams and Chiefs who both got awful defenses. Not very good offensive production if you ask me. :huh

23. Kon

I agree. They need much better offense. I say put in Cutler.. I know Jake is "better" buy I think Cutler needs the experience, and will really do good. Jake's time is up I think. Too many errors. Cutler may or may not do better, that's why we have a running game.

24. Stealth Tomato

I think more people need to realize that not every rookie quarterback is Ben Roethlisberger.

25. Kon

I don't expect him to be. I don't expect him to be as good as Jake Plummer. I believe he has more potential, and will be better. Trade Jake for someone they need. Maybe a 1st rounder or a good D-liner if they can.

26. Kon

Broncos win. 17-7. We are now 5-1 ! smile-big

27. b0rt

Wait, why trade Plummer for another D-Lineman? Isn't their defensive line good enough as it is now? Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

Also scoring 17 points against a mediocre Cleveland Browns' defense still doesn't solve their offensive woes. Sure, a win is nice. Being 5-1 is even nicer, being first in your division nearly half-way through the season is even nicer, but still, if they want to make an impact come January, their offense best be figuring something out. Soon.

28. Kon

The D-Line isn't very penetrating... I guess It's Ok though. I'm not sure what they really need though.. I'd say just take a 1st rounder if they can get it.. In the NFL people don't really trade out of position. Ex. Trade a D-Liner for a D-liner, Trade a QB for a QB etc. And I agree, we have WAY too much talent on offense not to utilize it. I think Rod Smith is gonna retire soon, but I hope he gets another Ring to go out with.

29. b0rt

Wait, didn't Rod Smith already win 2 Super Bowls in the mid-late 90's when Elway won 2 straight against the Packers and Falcons just before he retired?

30. Kon