1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Health Official Dieting/Food supply thread

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by RavenSupreme, Jul 27, 2018.

1. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

Whats your take on fasting? Do you eat several times a day or just once? What do you drink during diet and regulary?

To complement our here you can discuss all about your best ideas and approaches to dieting and changing your behaviour on food.

Tags:
  2. Kitsune `★.。・:*:・ Super Moderator

In the past few years I've really tried to improve my diet to make it more nutritious and healthy. I eat a lot of veggies and fruit, whole grains, nuts and seeds. Lean protein and eggs are great, but I try to minimize meat and dairy. Stuff like sugar and saturated fats are kept at a minimum. I also try to avoid simple carbs and processed foods. I try to get a lot of fiber since that's filling and it makes your body run more smoothly in various ways. :awesome Every day I drink a lot of water (64 oz) and that's my primary beverage.

That said, I'm also bit of a foodie so if I'm out at a restaurant and there's something special on the menu that might not fit what I said above, I'll definitely order it. I also like to cook for friends and family, and I don't ask other people to cater to my dietary whims when they're cooking for me. It's all about balance imo. If you go out of your way to eat healthy most days of the week, you can probably have a couple days off without serious consequences. I want a healthy relationship with food to be sustainable for the rest of my life, so being extreme isn't something I'm interested in doing.

3. Mider T Oh Christmas T!

United States
    Yeah Kitsune is pretty gassy because of her diet.

I pretty much eat whatever I want, dieting is too restricting for me. I do work out however and I usually fast during Ramadan and the first few days of Lent.

4. Kitsune `★.。・:*:・ Super Moderator

Not anymore. It was pretty rough at first but I built up a healthy flora so I’m less gassy then I’ve ever been in my life at this point.
    :blobowo

I could go into more details about digestive health but suffice it to say, fiber is your friend!

5. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

I currently try to eat just during a 4 hour window. Mostly 1 meal and a little snacks before and after. Then I fast for 20 hours.

And aside from an obligatory latte macchiato in the morning I only drink regular still water.

Its a surprisingly good way to improve also the skin I have found.

6. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

I eat whatever I can/want (within reasonable limits) because I'm bulking and follow IIFYM, on top of having a very fast metabolism. Usually, that means I'm taking in about 4,000 calories a day, but my holiday in China has made that take a backseat because it's almost impossible to track what I eat here.

For that purpose, I usually eat frequently. Breakfast is quite small because my appetite isn't great in the morning, but lunch and dinner tend to be quite large. I tend to have a big meal and a shake just before bed also, in case I haven't made my goal yet.

I think fasting is great, depending on your goal. If you're trying to lose weight, intermittent fasting is a very useful tool because it not only limits your calorie time window (you have less time to eat your usual amount of calories) but also means you can have relatively big, satisfying meals when you do eat instead of torturing yourself with salad. There are other benefits, but they're they're relatively minor and not as backed by science.

As for drinks... I usually stick to water, to be honest. There's a lot of alcohol in my liquid intake because I'm a student, so I try to stay healthy when I'm sober. Though, I do go on quite heavy caffeine binges when I have a deadline to meet or something. I have natural hedonistic tendencies that make it quite difficult for me to stay healthy in terms of liquids consumed, but I manage to make it work since I - both fortunately and unfortunately - have quite a high metabolism.

7. Kitsune `★.。・:*:・ Super Moderator

I get what you were trying to say, but it’s such a misconception that salad is torture. You can make salad taste amazing if you give it the works with various toppings and a delicious dressing (olive oil vinigrette is my favorite). Much like exercise itself, it’s something you look forward to having once your body reaps the rewards of incorporating it. It will actually give you an energy surplus if part of a balanced diet.

Leafy greens are incredibly nutritious and beneficial as a source of fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium and folate. Everybody should try to incorporate it into their routine regardless of goals due to the health benefits. It’s even worth a more decadent dressing if that’s what it takes to get you into it (although perpetual Caesar salads could be a bit much if you’re trying to stay lean).

LPT for those in the US. Trader Joe’s has amazing pre-made salads. Try some out to see what you like and try to copy them.

/ lecture :blobtrin

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  8. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    You guys ever tried a deep fried salad? Hella good

Here's how you make it. First make the salad. Then crack like 6 eggs into it. Then toss the salad until the eggs are all mixed in. Then throw in a fuckton of breadcrumbs(9grain/oats). Knead the crumbs into the salad, and keep it up until you have this giant salady eggy crumby ball of salady eggy crumbs. Then you deep fry it.

You can do it at home, or if you have the hook up like me, you can get your younger cousin who works at Mcdonalds to do it for you in one of their fry vats.

Overall, I'd say it's the perfect meal. It has your greens, eggs for protein, and bread crumbs for carbs/fiber.

Dip in ranch.

9. Kitsune `★.。・:*:・ Super Moderator

I can’t tell if you’re serious, but it sounds good. My mom used to make tempura (deep fried Japanese stuff) and would throw in breaded leafy greens sometimes. Reminded me of your recipe. It was amazing.

10. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

i was half-joking, tbh - there are plenty of salads that i like