1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Official F.E.A.R. Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by MechaTC, Oct 19, 2005.

1. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

It's out and I just got mine in the mail today. I was only able to play for about an hour (had to go to school and work) but from what I played it was really awesome. Mine came with the bonus Beta Multiplayer thing, not sure if i'll play...so anyway, discuss this game!

Please use spoiler tags if you reveal plot!

Tags:
  2. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

Hoping to get this game soon, played the demo and it rocked.
    i think i'm getting too rusty on FPS, hope the game wont be that difficult to me, the AI seemed very agressive.

3. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

It is very very smart. Usually the AI just walks right up to you shooting which makes them easy targets. These AI run and hide or attempt to ambush you. They'll even make cover for themselves or fake death and crawl to another location and start shooting again. Some of these guys are real bitches to kill. Especially the stealth ninjas. The AI is definitely the best I've played against.

4. ExoSkel Teh Laughing Man

This game is one hell of a system hog. I need to upgrade both my RAM and the graphic card to play this game.

The game looks stunning with the latest graphic engine, this game tops the best FPS genre so far right now.

5. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

don't know about the gold. but the demo didn't break down my pc, and i dont have something state of the art.

note: the enemies fake death???????????? that's interesting.

6. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

this one dude, I got with a shot gun. He fell down from the blast, and started to crawl under some pipes. When he got to the other side, he got back up and started shooting at me again. I was really impressed.

7. The Pooh Rawr~

I've been wanting to get this game since I saw the trailers months ago.

How intense are the graphics? My video card can't even run Call of Duty (yet can somehow play WoW), so I imagine F.E.A.R. will annihilate it.

8. Negative-Ion Life is BRUTAL!!

This game is on my list, but i wont buy it yet. Maybe after i come back from Greece and have some money then ill buy it.

The game indeed requires atleast a good video card to run decent.

9. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

You need a good card. They reccomend you have a 256MB graphics card to run this and a gig of ram.

10. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

sorry but this game does not compare to half life 2. Fears ending blows just to let u all know. On latest graphics engine? they are using Doom3's engine. nothnig really new about it.

the game was good but from playing half life 2 i still say half life 2 is the best FPS out their on PC and most likely the best over all so far.

11. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

they're using a new engine developed by monolith.

12. Negative-Ion Life is BRUTAL!!

I dont agree but you have your own opinion. The physics of FEAR are way way more realistic than that of HL2. Are you trying to say that the HL2 engine is more recent than that of doom3? Please, thts totally wrong.

13. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

hmm i really want to play f.e.a.r. but i have a 64 mb graphics card (ati 9700) do you think it will run well enough for me to enjoy? cos doom3, and hl2 ran much better than expected.

14. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

consiering the maker or doom 3 said that half life 2 's engine/ game was more superior than doom 3 yes.

Phyisc's in half life 2 are better than fears and half life 2 also makes u feel like ur acculy playing that charcter more so than FEAR.

I know FEAR is good but its not as good as half life 2's.

plus with the New HDR and lighting in half life 2;s engine makes it even better.

Half life 2 is more realistic than FEAR.. Its easy to tell.

15. ExoSkel Teh Laughing Man

Go there and check if your PC can manage to run it.

It says I pass, but I doubt my PC can play high setting of F.E.A.R. Since my comp was laggy as hell when I played the demo.

16. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

I've been playing since yesterday. This game is awesome.

Though I can't play for more than an hour at a time. Fear gets to me and I get stressed out but the tension. I love the mixture of action and horror. This game is way scarier than Doom 3 in my opinion.

That little girl is freaky.

All in all a great game. I love being able to pretty much run it on highest settings. The graphics are amazing.

17. Kayo ?

This game is so scary, I just started it and the damn little b*tch killed whole my crew and I am the only one left atm :(
    There is also this fugly man going around and eating up people.

This game is even more scarier then Doom 3.

18. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

I finished it. Omg...the ending was funny :rofl

@ SSJ3

19. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

I won't be able to get this one anytime soon. I am awaiting Soul Calibur 3. I have heard this game is the shiznack and I hope I can grab this by my friend. I loved the little mod of this with them joking around and they were all talking about how much momeny they get and how they are corrupt. While they are talking some of the squad members are being killed.

20. Spectre01 Oh snap!

No, they said the source engine was the best of old tech. Half-Life 2 doesn't even have dynamic shadows which puts it way behind FEAR and Doom 3 from a tech standpoint. Get your facts right.

21. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

^ acculy u get ur facts straight and read the report on what he said. he fully said half life 2 was better then doom 3.

Also sorry to burst ur bubble but it does have DS now :) since they are making the new HDR and other tech..

find ur info their .. soo many ppl posted about doom 3 and half life 2 also the article with the maker of doom 3 is their.

also half life 2's enginee is better than doom 3's buy a LONG SHOT ... Their will be no comention for that enginne till ut2007's comes out.

22. Uchiha_Zero ◆ڴniper◆ 

I've actually played the demo like a month ago. It looked like a well done game. It reminded me of a combination between Halo and Half-Life. I would buy it but I don't have the money.:sweat

23. Negative-Ion Life is BRUTAL!!

F.E.A.R System Requirements Lab Analysis

Congratulations, your system will Rock this product! Wish we had a system that hot you lucky dog.

24. Spectre01 Oh snap!

In Reply To #21
    WTF does High Dynamic Range lighting have to do with dynamic shadows. HDR just makes dark vs light areas look better. The shadows are still static like in any old Quake3 engine game. All the shadows are set in every level and are unaffected by light sources.

25. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

^ nope spec if u acculy kept up in what they are doing they will also have shadows etc.

So far half life 2's eginee > any currently FPS out their. ( IMO)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2005
  26. TheMexicanKingVII Shadow Supervisor

Well as far as A.I go, it is deffinately the best I have delt with, nothing like having your own opposition sneak up behind you and cap you from behind. Some time it leaves you wondering how they hell they got there so fast.

We need more A.I such as this.

27. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

Well i finally got this game and it ROCKS. all the statements about the game so far are true... and the AI is quite impressive. i hope the game doesnt get short :D

as for scary, well i dont scare that easily :p .. but i bought it for the AI, the sound and the feeling

28. PATMAN ASDganp90 sd(*)(* 0989()*)

I got it for christmass... and i must kicking someone is the best feeling in the world.

except when you yell out "OWNED BITCH!!!" and your mom goes " SHUT YOUR TRAP DOWN THERE!!" T_T