1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Official Kamen Rider Discussion

Discussion in 'Television' started by 寫輪眼, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 寫輪眼 ♪~

Any Kamen rider...
    Kyuuga
    Agito
    Ryuki
    Blade
    Faiz
    Hibiki

Heard of any? just a general dicussion, chat really if u heard of any oh them and talk about them

this isnt anime by the way...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
    Tags:
  2. TDM Toast

I saw it the other day on ANN, don't know about it though.

3. Cerias New Member

huh?

hmm...never heard of it , wots is it?

4. Viciousness on a Forums Break

Kamen Rider is a pretty tight live action series in Japan. Its been going on since the 70's I think. they do a different series each year. In a way its similar to sentai/power rangers only alot more adult. Last year I watched KR 555 and Blade, or dled them subbed rather from or their IRC channel rather. Id reccomend both series highly. the more episodes you watch the more addictive it gets. Havent seen the one they have this year though except for its previews.

I also liked Gransazers.
    oh and theres a kamen rider manga based off of the old series at

The original 10 series and their movies or so followed the same timeline. So all the old KRs came to know one another and had scarfs. Then there were some movies made in the 80s and 90s, and a couple shows like Kamen Rider Black, and KR Black RX or something. Ive only seen one of the movies, forget the name but it reminded me alot of the terminator.

Also saw the Agito movie raw, it was pretty good though I havent seen the series. And I saw the 555 movie too, still need to dl the blade movie.

5. Personal Jesus Maurice Chavez, the asshole

Dude, I grew up with Kamen Rider Black and RX. I'd kill to revisit those episodes. ;_;

6. narutofan1010 Aka no Mahoutskai Magired

These are the lyrics to the first kamen rider series
    Drawing near: Shocker, the Army of Hell
    Aiming for us: a black shadow.
    To protect the peace of the World:
    Go! Go! Let's go, Shining Machine.

Rider (Jump!) Rider (Kick!)
    Kamen Rider Kamen Rider Rider Rider

Drawing near: Shocker, the Army of Demons
    Aiming for our friends: a black shadow.
    Go! Go! Let's go, Crimson Muffler.

Kamen Rider Kamen Rider
    Rider Rider

Drawing near: Shocker, the Army of Fear
    Aiming for our town: a black shadow.
    Go! Go! Let's go, Green Mask.

Kamen Rider Kamen Rider
    Rider Rider

7. OtacontheOtaku ~Sex Guru~

The live action series was actually pretty good, but like most Japanese shows in the 70s it was pretty low budget (cough cough Ultraman cough cough). Anyway, I prefer the manga since the main character is so much cooler XD.

8. Haku_Taker ORE WA KYASSHAN!

I started with Kamen Rider Black here. Now I'm wathcing Kamen Rider Ryuki and Kamen Rider 555.

9. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

Kamen Rider Black was like ages ago, that I don't remember any much of it now.

My interest for Kamen Riders revived when I saw Kamen Rider Ryuki, and it further intensified when I saw Kamen Rider 555. For some reason now, I prefer the third generation Kamen Rider series than the old ones. I guess the uber-cool Rider gadgets was a reason. :amuse

Right now, I'm trying to watch three at the same time - 555, Blade and Kabuto. So far, it's been one enjoyable ride.

Oh yes, looking forward on seeing the 2007 series, Den-O. :)

10. Chatulio Senex

Correct me if im wrong but didnt they have a dubbed version in the states called Masked rider or some such?

11. Haku_Taker ORE WA KYASSHAN!

yeah. That was Saban's bastardized version of Kamen Rider Black RX. There will be an American version of Ryuki called Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. But it will not be a ruined version of Ryuki because the Wang Brothers will be the directors. There will be a good but balanced story nd choreography. And of course, Steve Wang is a Kamen Rider fan. Adness Entertainment will mke this one, not Saban. Maybe it will shown on Sci-Fi.

If Shotaro Ishinomori is alive today and realize that the guys who are behind the American adaptation of Kamen Rider Ryuki is a fan of his great creation that is, Kamen Rider, maybe he'll be proud of Steve Wang. Maybe the Wang brothers will become an example of how to make a Americanized but a successful tokusatsu series.

And maybe they'll put Saban (Shuki Levi and Haim Saban) and 4Kids to shame. I'll give this a chance. I jhave high expectations on this one...:)

12. Mojim Gin-ism

So they're also airing the show in the US :omg
    I used to watched them when I was 6-7 y/o :amuse

13. Nico Active Member

I have seen some of it on You Tube not completely to know the series well. Interesting enough though. :amuse

14. B.M.F. Wake up, Mist-er Freeman....

I had the toy of one of them, but I didn't know what is was till recently.

15. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

Is Masked Rider Dragon Knight already being shown? I mean, by the way you're saying it, Haku, it may seem that you either know the staff behind it, or you have seen it for yourself. It's rather hard to take your words considering that most of it are in the future tense. :p

I've been reading some stuff about the new one this year, Kamen Rider Den-O, and I find it funny that the titular Kamen Rider is considered to be the "weakest Kamen Rider to date". I mean, looking at the trailers, we are looking at a pretty young Kamen Rider. Not to mention that he looks so lame when he says "Henshin!". :laugh

16. Haku_Taker ORE WA KYASSHAN!

No. The American version of Ryuki will be aired this or next year.

dspr8_rugged: nope. maybe next month or next year 2008, according to their website. I saw the website, the trailer, and who are the staff. There are three Japanese executive producers and the directors are the brothers Steve and Mike Wang.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  17. Marguerite Perrin Banned

Yeah! One of the best shows ever! I used to watch it when I was atleast 6-8 :nod

18. Mojim Gin-ism

Oh i see :)

If the American version,are they going to change everything from the original?

19. Haku_Taker ORE WA KYASSHAN!

maybe just the story. they'll gonna copy the mirror world, the advent cards, and some kinds of stuff.

20. Mojim Gin-ism

^ whatever they going to do,hopefully they wont do major changes to the show :sweat

21. Kamen_Raida Commie B'stard

Hmmmmm.... Kamen Rider? What is this Kamen Rider, you folks here seem to be speaking of? I most assuredly have not heard of this so-called 'Kamen Rider'. Nay, thou shalt not take into account that my account name is apparently that which I wish to know of, for it would mean that I would indeed have knowledge of this 'Kamen Rider', of which I am quite unconvincingly stressing, I have no knowledge of. I mean, I have absolutely no knowledge of this franchise's creator, Ishinomori Shoutarou (oooooooooooooooops), nor do I possess the knowledge that the franchise has been a part of Japanese media for around 35 years! Nope, absolutely no knowledge!

BTW, I do enjoy indulging in sarcasm :p

Hmm, regardless, I do have to say that my Kamen Rider, though agrreeably quite enjoyable, has had the unfortunate curse of being quite lacking in plot. Honestly, out of the 19 Rider series presented so far, I only find 2 to have noteworthy plots (those two being Ryuuki, and Agito). I'd count Black and Faiz in the equation, but Black just tended to be far too formualic, and the method in which Faiz carried out its story just ruined it for me......

As for the new Rider of 2007, which premieres this Sunday t'would seem, can't really say I'm looking forward to it. Seems to gimmicky for my tastes.... And I've had enough of gimmicks after that awful excuse of a story, Kabuto. That, and I find the whole 'Super Train' concept to Sentai-ish for my tastes...... not that I know anything of Sentai, of course

22. Yakuza Banned

hauhauhauhauhau
    i use to watch it 10 years ago....hauhauhau
    IT ROX!

23. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

I actually enjoyed Ryuki too, since, as I said, it revived my Kamen Rider funk I had a years ago with Black. I actually like Faiz because of the character driven plot (not to mention that it was the inspiration for me so that I can buy a new phone. :p).

As for Kabuto, well, I'm just halfway. Although I can safely say that I enjoy watching it, minus Tendou's annoying and over-acting sister and his uber-arrogant behavior.

Well, as for Den-O, I'm still going to check it out. The premise seems kinda lame, though who knows, this may work out.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  24. Haku_Taker ORE WA KYASSHAN!

Kamen_Raida: C'mon man, I love Kamen Rider Faiz because of the interesting plot, in my opinion. It has a series of shocking events. I also love the Rider gadgets in there, especially on Faiz and Kaixa. Also to Psyga and Orga in the movie Kamen Rider 555: Paradise Lost. Well, that's just me.

And hey, is that Caucasus???

dspr8: I agree on you, Kamen Rider 555 has a character driven plot (Takumi's having a struggle because he's an Orphenoch and afraid he might lose his humanity is an example).

I also love Kabuto, because of the styles and of the Riders. My favs are Kabuto Gatack, Drake, and Caucasus (from the movie Kamen Rider Kabuto: Godspeed Love). I have my taste in the story plot of Kabuto because it's so... mysterious. Tendou can be uber-arrogant, but he's also cool and philisophical although (even raising his right hand upwards in the sky, I even imitate it).

Haha, I'll save that one!!!

25. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

I'm actually watching Episode 24 right now. Well, I agree with you when you said that the plot was rather mysterious. ZECT's hiding a lot of stuff, really. And I'm waiting to see Kagami's reaction when he finds out that his dad is running things at ZECT without him knowing.

26. Haku_Taker ORE WA KYASSHAN!

Can I also save that???:p

I also love the Clock Up and the Hyper Clock Up system in Kabuto. What's so special in the Hyper Clock Up is that ur not only faster than the speed of light or whatever is that there is a time lag: u can alter time and can time travel. Cool, huh?:nod

27. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

I said to you before that I made a lot of Kamen Rider GIFs, remember? I will be posting some more later. :p

I have a feeling that the inspiration for Kabuto's "Clock-up" system is Faiz's Accel Form. :amuse

28. Kamen_Raida Commie B'stard

Haku_Taker: Bleh, Faiz was absolute rubbish with its charachters in my opinion. While I can't think up any specific reasons why I beleive this so at the moment (heavily attributed to the fact that I haven't watched that piece of crap in awhile), I can say that what I simply felt either indifference or dislike to the charachters. They were, quite simply, 'stock charachters'. And they hardly had any form of developement. If there was one charachter whom I'd take out of the equation, it'd probably be Kiba. Now THERE was someone I could like. Of course, where charachter fails, story should succeed. Unfortunately for Faiz, while its storyline as a whole was good, it still had not resolved things in a befitting manner.

And yup, that is Mr. 'Ogon no Raida', whom I have to say, met a rather.... anticlimatic end.

Hmmmm, just cause I feel bored for the moment, I suppose I might as well list out which my favourite NG Rider series are.

Ryuuki(1): Yes, rather strange choice for my favourite NG series, I must say. A pretty mediocre plot (with a highly disappointing ending) and some rather good charachter developement. Honestly, Agito WOULD be taking Number 1 spot, but where Agito has the best storyline of any Rider series thus far, it lacked charachter developement. Ryuuki, as of yet, is the only Rider series which I see as having an excellent balance of both. Its ending did, however, suck horribly.

Agito(2): As already stated, I found it to have the best storyline of any Rider series thus far. An excellent mystery story. Shame that the concept of storyline for the Rider series seems to erode as each year passes. An even bigger shame is as to how lacking in charachter developement Agito seemed to be (though to be sure, it wasn't completely devoid of it, unlike some others) Nonetheless, its storyline certainly made up for it.

Hibiki(3):..........Yes, I know....... WTF........ I was quite suprised that I enjoyed the damn thing too........ Bloody storyless piece of crap that it was...... But, if Agito is the God of Storyline in the franchise, then Hibiki is its God of Charachter Developement. I mean, I could almost literally say that the bloody thing was made entirely of charachter developement. Shame that storyline took a backseat from it, but goddamnit, the charachters were just wonderful! And I am the only one who at all likes Hibiki's costume design!?

Blade(4): Alright, I'll be honest. 4 doesn't really look like a good number to place Blade in. Its not that I hated it..... Its just that I liked others more..... But, though I didn't necessarily hate it, I still considered most of the charachters 'stock charachters', and like Faiz, it really needed to resolve things more.

Kuuga(5): ......I can't really say anything about this...... It had..... no eal charachter developement...... no real story...... It was...... yeah....... I do love the sense of realism in it though..... It was just.... yeah

Faiz(6): You've heard my reasons..... Thus, I ain't givin' more....

Kabuto(7):.....This is..... undobutedly...... THE WORST....... 'show' I've seen in the last year....... Absolutely dreadful! AWFUL CHARACHTER DEVELOPEMENT! AWFUL STORYLINE! And a whole boiling cauldron of WASTED POTENTIAL! The fact that the show was so gimmick-reliant was what murdered it! Half of its so-called 'mysteries' were resolved in a shoddy manner, and we get introduced to useless Riders whose very purpose within the series was to sell toys for Bandai...... Urgh, I could rant on the horror that is Kabuto for pages, but my fingers will tire out before I do so, and I perfer them nice and well..... I will give one bit of credit though..... It gave birth to a suprisingly addictive PS2 game.....

29. cold drinks change reality to dreams

i've only watched ryuki and blade.man i like those days and the memories....

30. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

As far as the third-gen Kamen Rider series is concerned, I've only finished Ryuki. I'm currently watching 555, Blade and Kabuto and I've yet to finish either of them.

I can't say that I agree with what Kamen_Raida said with those three, although I do agree with what you said about Ryuki. Yup, the series ending was rather bad, although I haven't seen the "real ending" movie... :amuse

Here's something totally random I saw on YouTube. You don't have to understand Japanese to get it, all you need to do is look at Tendou's face.

"Grandmother said this, 'Tendou, stop being a bitch and eat the damn thing already!'" :lmao

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.