1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Official Pokemon Discussion

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Kira Yamato, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

General Pokemon Discussion Thread

Come here to talk about the anime, manga, games, specials, anything related to the world of pokemon.

I've been a fan of the anime for the last 10 years and the game for the past 8-9 years. The anime series has gone through lots of up and downs but throughout all that, I've come to enjoy the series, so feel free to discuss the series (what you like or hate about this series).

Pokemon Information/Resources

Pocket Monsters

Bittorrent

Link removed​

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
    Tags:
  2. Lunasakuramoon

I have to admit. I was indeed addicted to Pokemon. I had the official Handbook and all the little figures and everything. (btw, i still do) and i would sing that crappy theme song every time it came on. I would record all the episodes. And everytime it would say "who's that pokemon?!" I would always be guessing out-loud waiting for the commercials to be over. heh. then I got plain pissed off at the show after the 2nd movie. Misty left...never got her bike back...ash never became a pokemon master....they kept coming out with more pokemon...I kept running out of money. So I was all like "screw it. this is dumb" So to this day forward, I really REALLY dis-like pokemon. Although every now and then I'll watch some of the old episodes...heheh T.T

3. Kaguya

I used to be....then I kinda just grew out of it :\.

4. Rin

Yeah, the good old days. Why couldn't they just end the series and get on with their lives instead of making more and more of those annoying pokemon.

5. Masaki

I was obsessed, now I'm just ok with it.

It's really only the games I play. The show pisses me off.

6. Zoy

I was obsessed!
    But it got sucky later lol, and it got out of trend, I'd say

7. Gekkou

I agree completely about the fact that it got cheesier as it progressed. Once there were more than 150 I got disallusioned with it... >.<

I never really felt an incredible urge to get up early to watch it, I was like that with Megaman though. 6 a.m. every weekend just to see it! ;) :D :rolleyes:

Do Do Do Do, Super-fightin' robot! Do do do DO, MEGA-MAN!

8. Naruto_Uzumaki

i was addicted to it
    but time passes by...

9. I's say the storyline didn't get cheesier, but you guys started growing up instead.

10. DeathWolf

yap were growing up lolx

11. Kurupt_kun

I was addicted to the game. Pokemon Gold killed my sleep cycle. I played it all night, every night. I think I only slept at most 4 hours a day in those days.

12. Drifa

Yeah, I miss the old episodes. I still like em if I watch em and I still find the new episodes incredibly cheesy. Everything was still fresh in the first series, and not everyone was friends. If Ash tried to make Pikachu do something he didn't want to, he'd get shocked. Misty and Brock teased Ash and Misty beat them both up on a regular basis, although mainly Ash. The first series was great, it was interesting, funny and original, then they made more than 150 pokemon, Charmander evolved and Togepi was introduced.

13. Forsaken

I admit it, when the show first came out I thought those Pokemon were the most adorable things on the face of the planet. I think the show was kind of cheesy to begin with, but it just got extremely mind-numbingly repetitive. How many times can one hear the same Team Rocket motto over and over before going insane?

14. tklown

Misty was the best part of pokemon, and it got really really cheezy after a while

15. Aruka

I'm addicted to pokemon b4 that I collect alot of trading card stuffed toys and watch the series late at night.

16. Chopstickx

when i was younger i had memorized the whole entire pokerap XD
    1 to 152 pokemon lol

17. Not really... Only had that with Beyblade *drool* ..Kai..*sway*

Okay..offtopic..bye

*runs off to hug her 5 feet tall Kai wallpaper*

18. palabok

Of course I was addicted! I had a lot of Pokemon cards and those Japanese "Pokemon Vacation" sets that came with 3 cards and a postcard. I also remember when it first came out on UPN with the St. Anne episode ... dang, I miss that show.

19. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

I don't have anything to hide, I still watch pokemon. The show does get kind of repetitive, but there's something about it that keeps drawing me back. I'm also wtaching the new season. And yes I still play and buy the games as well. I think there are people who watched it as just a fad, but the show has some appealing qualities, and I'm thinking geesh "when will ketchum finnally win at all" and the sad part is that he may never will.

20. aLkeMiSt

OMG... in grade 6 I used to go to school 1/2 an hour away from my house, and I used to rush home all the time just to watch pokemon. I practically begged for all of the GBC games... >_<' What a waste all of it was.

21. blind51de

I did watch quite a few episodes back in its heyday (when I was in 7th grade). Fortunately even then I had an eye for crappy dubs, therefore I stuck mainly to playing the Game Boy game.
    Pokemon Red > BLUE!

22. ~K+

I didn't get up to watch it, I just taped it with the VCR timer...that was 6, 7 years ago.

They're still cute, but some of those newer ones seem to be getting uglier...and the episodes became all pretty much fillers...

23. Anbu_soul

same hear. i was absest with it. when i was younger and was watching it like when it first came out in like the 1 grade i'd cry if i missed it thats addicted i was

i know it's sad

24. kyubinaruto75

yea i was too ?_? i still have a ton of pokemon cards im trying to get rid off T_T goddamn it. but... the pokemon are getting uglier and stupidier each season, each week, each eps

25. Lunasakuramoon

Pokemon seizure incident

Some people may remember it, but some time in 1997, an episode of pokemon aired and caused about 700 people to have convulsions and such. It was banned on tv. and all pokemon products were taken down from stores. I've seen it, yet it had no effect on me whatsoever :blink . Has anyone else seen it? and do u have any clue where the epsiode can be bought? I must have it!!!!

26. dbcomix

ahahahahahahahahaha poor fool watching poke mon! not a bad show its very original-sudu!

check google for your searching needs-sudu!

27. Akumakage

yeah that's extremely old news. I heard about that a LONG time ago.

28. Lunasakuramoon

well duh. 1997 :amuse
    I've heard of it a long time ago too. =P

29. Masaki

I was always wondering how that episode gave people seizures. I was tempted to download it once, but thought I might get a seizure... Actually, I was doubtful but I didn't want to take the risk.

But it's just the colors blue and red alternating, how can that cause seizures?

30. HinataFanGirl

pokemon is a kids show. do u guys know that? it airs in america right now.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.