1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Oh my gosh... dang it.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by reikuma, Nov 18, 2004.

1. reikuma New Member

OMG! I'm so mad that Aburame Shino wasn't in the group when they had to go retrieve Uchiha Sasuke. Shino would of owned most of Orichimaru's men! Grrr....

Tags:
  2. Peklet Proud loser

He was so mad at it too :p I bet the guionists had their reasons...

3. Boner Banned

Shino, owning men?...I don't know about all that...

4. jaxspider Ero-sannin powered

Shino is powerful... but I think since shikamaru had no idea about it... he choose not to include him. Thats why almost everyone else went. He choose the strong out of the ones he knew about.

5. Tautou Member

Shino was on a mission with his father, so he couldn't join the group. It has nothing to do with Shika being ignorant of his skills.

6. Raikiri R.I.P. Kisame, keep pimpin

Shika's and Shino's abilities are kinda redundant anyway, it wouldn't make sense storywise and missionwise to have them both in there. Both are clever. Both have stuff (shadows and bugs) that you don't want to get caught in. Neither are particularly fast or strong.

Althoug, it would be pretty cool if, as soon as Shika catches someone in shadow, Shino's bugs come over and eat him up. That would be a nasty strategy. They might have killed the Sound 4 at the very start (when Shika initially got all 4 in his shadow bind).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  7. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

Shino would've been cool, he's been one of my favourites since he first beat Zaku at the chuunin's. But I agree with Raikiri, he wouldve been redudent with Shika on the team. The 5 leafs all had totally different skills, which is what made that series so cool.

I'm sure he'll get to kick some ass again soon.

8. AsanoHa Sex and Violence

I hope there's some other wierdo Sound-nin with CSL2 for Shino to whoop up on. He was the only fella genin who got excluded from that arc and that sucks.

9. Invisus 私はお前の愚兄である。

Shino is way overrated. He hasn't done anything to warrent the "OMG He's strong, he'd pwn so and so!"

10. lithy New Member

well like what someone said, shino was out on a mission with his dad so that's why he missed out. it's not because shika didn't know shino was powerful. i actually think he wanted shino to come. there was no reason for kiba to explain that shino was out on a mission if shika didn't ask about shino.

also, i think the reason why shino wasn't in the mission was because he already had like a major solo fight of sorts. i'm talking about him kicking kankurou's ass.

11. HimuraBattousai Hitokiri

Seriously, I think people underestimate Shino way too much. He is definitely above Kiba in my opinion since Kiba is scared to fight him. He could probably beat Naruto until Naruto started using kyuubi's chakra.

Beating Kankuro is no walk in the park, but people seem to think it is. Kankuro owns, and so does Shino.

And they wanted to take Shino (as Naruto states himself) but he was off on a mission with his pops.

And while Shika is smarter than Shino, Shino's jutsus are among the best. He can bug clone, and his bugs eat your chakra. Plus, he clearly has a lot of stamina because we have seen him take a hit. He is also super resourceful and he makes sure never to underestimate his opponent.

Can't wait until 3 years from now, when Shino starts owning mad people. I VOTE SHINO FOR CHUUNIN :(

12. thomonkey Member

when shiamaru shadow binds peopel he feels whatever you do to them right???
    why is that it seems sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesnt. like naruto punched some guy who was getting shadow bound and then shikamaru basically got punched. but when shikamaru beat that girl in the prelims by making her smack her head on the wall, he didnt get smacked

anybody know whats going on?

13. reikuma New Member

Yes, Shino is really underated. What I really ment is that, most of those ninjas of sound use a lot of chakra. Shino's bugs eat up chakra. Shino would of been very very good fighting against the spider guy, and could of saved neji some time to fight the other guy Neji is good against. I think that was the reason why the authors decided to have Shino out of the group.

14. ChickenPotPie HAH.

When he binds people in his jutsu, they have to follow all the movements he does and vice verca. It has no pain transfer, unlike Ino's jutsu. Since Naruto punched Gaara, Shikamaru got whiplash, not pain from the punch itself.

15. Nara Shikamaru Loudmouth

Shino's a very skilled ninja with seemingly lots up his sleeve and in his coat.

Since this is the library i won't be too ashamed of saying this out loud but i'll put up the spoiler warning anyway.

*SPOILER*
    Shino's said to be busy on another mission with his father. If it weren't for that, shikamaru would have placed him on the team. We've seen that Shino can be a better tracker than Kiba, so it would have been a good choice.

16. yapster Ramen Boss

shino a better tracker than kiba? i dun see it that way mate. he had to put a bug on sasuke to track him. all kiba has to do is follow his nose or akamaru's.
    nonetheless, like wat most of you have already said, shino was on mission with his dad so he couldnt join the chase party. can imagine if he replaced kiba... and when ukon/sakon tries to merge with him they will get a shock of their lives. WTF are all these insects doing here??? I'm outta here dude!!

17. ChickenPotPie HAH.

I think Shino was taken out because he had no official moves. For both times we've seen shino fight, he doesn't use any signature techinque. The closest thing we've seen are bug bunshin. Neji, Shikamaru, Chouji, Kiba and the late Lee all had some sort of fighting style to expand on. Of course, Kishimoto could have tried to come up with more for Shino....it's just that those 5 were easier.

18. Nara Shikamaru Loudmouth

Good point, about Akamaru being a good tracker.

I still think that Shino would be a good tracker, though. As for Kishimoto's intentions with Shino's character (or lack thereof), I'd agree. Kishimoto needs to start defining Shino and his moves more if he wants to use him. I'm sure there's plenty of things to do with a hive, but he just has to be creative.

19. Nara Shikamaru Loudmouth

I doubt he forgot about Shino. He just had to choose.

Imagine trying to find an excuse for a 6-man team when the ideal team sizes are 3-4 people. Granted, there was a 9-man chuunin team hunting Sasuke/Naruto/Shikamaru/Sakura, but they were a specialized unit.

20. Chidori Tomoyo Rookie

yeah.. i guess my opinion dont matter now lol. everything i would have said has already been said xD

21. Chidori Tomoyo Rookie

oh well. all said thats been said

22. Monkey D. Dragon Active Member

He was on a mission with his father otherwise he might have gone.

23. TalikX Devil 4 Dimension!

Has Shino even done anything in part 2? lol

24. niyesuH ◊▪Ḫ▪ὺ▪ṧ▪ɛ▪ч▪ɨ▪Ϟ▪◊

he is too imba... thats why

25. IonDragon Old School

I want to see Shino in action.