1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Oily skin

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Smoke, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    I have oily skin. Surprisesurprise Smoke isn't perfect. IKR!!?!

Anyways, enough about me. Let's talk about how to help me with my oily skin.

What do you people use for oily complexions? I purchased some oil face washes and mattifying gel from "The Body Shop." I've used them a few times, but I'm not sure I notice a difference. What I mean, is that I think there's less oil, but it could just be a placebo effect.

The reason I'm looking into this, isn't for like an everyday thing, since men don't have to worry about stuff like that. But mainly for special occasions where there's lots of lights and they bounce off the ugly oil-pool that is my face.

Also, this can be a general discussion about oily skin and stuff, I guess, sure.

Tags:
  2. Natty Cursed lipstick lesbo

Canada
    Oily skin can be difficult, there could be multiple reasons why it's oily. I don't have this issue anymore but from some other people I've heard really helps is: wash face twice a day, and lessen the amount fatty/oily foods you consume.

As I said in another thread, I'm not a huge fan of skin products. They either dry out the skin or give me a rash.

3. Underworld Broker Lawful Evil

And I'd recommend you to try out goat milk soap or charcoal soap, it helps.

4. Roseate Banned

You might want to check if the climate/ weather affects your skin.

I have combination skin (my T zone's oily but the rest of my face is dry) and notice my skin's a lot shinier when it's humid. I live in the tropics so that's pretty much the usual.

I don't put much on my skin because almost every leave-on product I've tried builds up/ covers up the pores, so I avoid moisturizers, powders, etc. Creamy facial washes and soaps also do that. Again, it could be the tropical climate.

I've tried aloe vera gel moisturizers on my face and they did not work. I can't say if that will or won't work on you. Occasional use of facial scrubs and nose pore strips have helped me care for my pores.

5. Haze Well-Known Member

I have combination skin, sounds like something you get on the menu at a pho restaurant where you just get a mix of shit in a bowl, but instead it’s on your face. It just means I have the usual oily T-zone along with dryness on the other areas of my face. I like to use a KBeauty oil base cleansing balm. Banila Co’s Clean It Zero works wonders for me. Oddly enough, it maintains my skin’s natural oils and leaves it nice and moisturized without making it oilier. Hope this helps :catwave

6. Sage light Well-Known Member

Washing your face one too many times is bad for your face and the oiliness increases. Consume citrus fruits like lemon orange and grape-fruit as what goes in is most important. "Dove" face washes are cool and maybe wash your face with warm water to prevent excess oil.

7. Kitsune `★.。・:*:・ Super Moderator

I have oily skin. The upside is you won’t wrinkle early. Once the acne years pass, you’ll have good skin until you’re like 50.

8. blakstealth Club Bangerz Moderator

9. Former OBD Lurker. Well-Known Member

10. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    Nice!! So lessen the amount I wash my face, and consume fatty/oily foods twice daily?

I think I can do that.

And yes, according to yahoo answers, and my face, I live in one of the most humid places in the universe.

11. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

I do too, but when it gets to be too much I just wipe my face and move on, tbh.

12. Former OBD Lurker. Well-Known Member

13. cobe42 I'm ok with being wierd.

14. Sassy Equipped with nothing

It can really depend on what effects your skin more positively or negatively. I know regular like dial soap effects my skin negatively so washing my face I need actual dove soap or Neutrogena scrub wash.

15. Natty Cursed lipstick lesbo

Canada
    I hate that they're all different.

Like I tried a trillion different moisturizers to alleviate some of the pain after shaving, but all of them gives me rashes. Except for this one random brand and scent that works great.. But it's impossible to find anywhere.

Skin care sucks:blobcry

16. Sassy Equipped with nothing

That's the same with me, my skin is sensitive to allot of products. :/