1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, about Kakuzu *supposedly* being a medic-nin...

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Eruravenne, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Eruravenne

Can someone please explain to me why he's suddenly become the Akatsuki's official medic? It seems like everywhere I look I see people referring to him as such and I don't see why people would think that... unless I just totally missed something.

I mean, yeah he reattached Hidan's head, but did everyone forget that Hidan is immortal and that his head and body were both still alive when they were reconnected? Also, the fact that he seemed to heal rather quickly from his ritual after the two-tail fight could easily be connected to his immortality thing.

Basically, all Kakuzu did was stick the thing back on the neck, sew a few simple stitches with his weird... arm-thread-deal, and voila, Hidan's just about good as new. I didn't see any chakra healing techniques going on there. If he was a medic-nin, wouldn't he be able to do that rather than sewing it together? Seems more logical to me...

So yeah, it makes no sense to me why people took that teeny little thing and blew it so far out of proportion that they now believe Kakuzu=medic. I mean, if they're connecting that with the much talked about "super strength" he appears to have and making him into a male version of Tsunade/Sakura... well, all I can say to that is he better not be. :notrust

I read some theory that mention the fact that he wears a mask, but that doesn't seem like a flashing neon sign reading "MEDIC-NIN HERE!!!" to me either. It doesn't even seem like a half broken, buzzing, flickering neon sign saying "This guy's probably a medic-nin."

It seems to me he's got just as many (or few) signs pointing to him being a seamstress/germophobe (I just know I didn't spell that right...). I don't know, maybe I just lack imagination. :oh

Tags:
  2. Marsala

- He wears a mask very like that of a surgeon (and Konoha's medical squad).

- He's obsessed with making money.

Clearly a doctor.

3. Zer0_UchiHa

well it might just be that those "threads" of his are medical stitches, like the kind that dissolve over time (u know where u dont need to go back to hospital to get them taken out)

it seems like those threads are not merely like a sweing thread, idont think he just stitched hidan's head back on, i happen to think that its some form of medical jutsu. in fact perhaps kakazu has experimented on himself, made his arms like that by using the threads to re attach his arms together. only for that reason do i think he is the medical nin. if his hands werent like that i would say he isnt necessarily a medic nin, but because of that i say he is.

besides if the female akatsuki is a medic nin i would be dissapointed, i want to see tsunade fight kakazu, strength vs strength, medic vs medic. that would be awesome :D

4. Genesis

Yea that's ridiculous. Anyone could have done the same thing(He just happens to have a built in thread). I dont even see any way for that to be a logical thought. And Kakashi wears a mask but I dont see him being called a medical ninja.

6. Eruravenne

Don't you think it's possible that there is no medic-nins in Akatsuki? I mean, I don't think they are part of the main fighting force of most ninja villages. The only reason Konoha had them was because Tsunade was there to suggest it. And after she left, they stopped using them. Now that she's back, they're still don't seem to have many of them in the actual fighting teams.

Why would there necessarily have to be one in Akatsuki? Maybe there were no super powerful medic-nins who wished to join them. It's not like Kishimoto needs to have one there for any particular reason. It's not impossible that they have a medic-nin, but not absolutely necessary that they have one, either. It just doesn't seem terribly obvious to me that Kakuzu is a medic-nin...

7. zrahl7

Yea they don't need one since there arent too many people who can damage them anyway.

8. Tyrannos

I think it is plausible. Other villages DO have Medic Ninjas. Remember Chiyo was the Sand's best Medic Ninja, as well as Puppet Master.

But what interests me the most about Kakazu is that string appears to be similar to the Nara family's Shadow Jutsu (and Shikamaru's reaction seemed to be like he knew the jutsu). And with the talk about Medic Ninjas, remember that the Nara family do have connections to Medic Nins by creating remedies and cures by plants and animals they raise on their ranch.

So I wonder if Kakazu could be from a rogue Nara, or a family that was a rival of the Naras. But at this point it is pure speculation. :p

9. Eruravenne

I wasn't saying other villages don't have medic-nins, I was saying they don't have them as part of their fighting force, as in they don't send them with their teams that go out on missions. The seem to just stay at their hospitals (as far as I know). Chiyo may have been a medic in Suna's fighting force (I'm afraid I don't really remember for sure if they said she was or not), but that was way back a long time ago and wasn't she more of a master of poisons?

And how did Shikamaru look like he recognised the jutsu? Seems to me he was just shocked that this dude's hands just flew off of his arms... :notrust

10. Tyrannos

You are right, as far as we know there isn't Medic Ninja's assigned in teams or in groups like Konoha. But Chiyo still seems to the description of a fighting medic ninja. Remember she knew Life Transfer Jutsu's in attempts to bring puppets to life as well, as well as healing techniques.

As for Shikamaru, yes you can view his reaction as shock or surprise. But let me ask you this, if he was truely surprised, then why isn't both of his eyes open as well as his mouth?

To me, his reaction appears to be "I know" or "This looks like ... Jutsu!"

11. Eruravenne

That still doesn't lead me to believe there is definately a medic-nin in Akatsuki. It definately doesn't lead me to believe that Kakuzu is that medic-nin. Of course it's possible there is one, but it's also possible there isn't one and it's more possible that specifically Kakuzu isn't one, in my opinion. Like I said, the signs that seems to say he's got medical training could be interpreted in other ways as well.

As far as Shikamaru goes, I stared at that manga page for several minutes and I still couldn't make it look like he was recognising something. But if it looks like that to you, then feel free to think that. I'm not going to try and force you to accept my opinion of a manga panel. He's not the point of this thread, anyway.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if it mentions anything like that soon... just like with everything.

12. Shinigami1980

you do lack imagination....coz i think Kakuzu can be a medic nin....and he think he'll be tougher to handle than Hidan.....since he has those wire thingys in his body....so even if Kakuzu was cut in half he'll join himself back togethar like Orochi during the KN4 fight when he was cut in half and the snakes got him back togethar....since he can sew Hidan's neck with those weird wires why can't he do that to himself....i bet his powers are like Yakshuji Tenzen from "Shinobi" like as soon as he is cut those things inside his body sew themselves back togethar!!

13. Yoofie

But that's because Kakashi doesn't go about handing out medical potions and stitching other ninjas' body parts together.

We've known Kakashi for a very long time now, and now there's no debate over if he is a mdeic-nin or not.

Yet, people are starting to debate over Kakuzu because he's just showing some similarities to a medic-nin, and because of that, people will get suspicous and start making theories.

Basicly how the Library/Theory section works every week.

14. TicoTico

I share your sentiments and this is why. My world won't be shattered if Kakuzu turns out to be a medic but, like you said, 'tis a hasty judgement. I wouldn't mind a nin with a healing ability like Kakuzu's that doesn't turn out to be a 'medic'.

Then again, if there's a medic in Akatsuki (or maybe there's more than one), the only 'original' choice would be Zetsu. Kunoichi as a medic<Kakuzu as a medic I guess, even if the bad guys are meant to be somewhat 'stereotypical' and have a Kunoichi-healer.

15. CM Pope

If Kakuzu went 'Relax, I will restore thee' and Hidan's wounds instantly healed by some green Chakra from Kakuzu I'd credit him as being a Medic Nin.

As it is he used some thread to reattach a guy's head who heals quickly anyway and can't die.....

Sure, he may have played a part in reattaching Deidara's arm but it's too premature to think that yet.

16. Azure-kun

as Offical of the atkatsuki Money mangements, I would assume that Kakusu would have turned out to be more of a 'support' ninja. Note that YOu'll need a Great Knowledge of the human body it's self to Preform even a quick Viral Inspection...I never would have though of Kakuzu being the Medic, but when you take in his Personality much like what marsala has Posted it all begins to make sense.

17. Hagen

-Kazuku wears med-nin clothes underneath the cloak.Check it out.
    -He stitches body parts easily, his own parts and teamates body parts
    -The great strenght is probably origined in a great chakra control just like Tsunade
    - He's greedy and very cautious , definetly doctor traits

Yeah, seems that Kakuzu is the official Akatsuki healer and he was the one who reattached Deidara's arms. Im glad that the Kunoichi isn't the healer. That would be so stereotypical. A freakin tentacle med-nin monster is way cooler.

Doctor Kakuzu FTW

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  18. Chee

Why wouldn't he play a larger role in reconnecting his arm? No doubt he connnected it; he's the only Akatsuki member so far that can reattach body parts.

As for the whole medical-nin thing, I wouldn't be suprised if he was. I mean, the evidence is pretty much right there in your face as well as their not much Akatsuki members left to decide what they can do.

19. Azure-kun

U need to stay away from Hentai.....that Or PM me for some sites.:oh

20. chauronity

This is what i came to post so i'm with him in this one.
    Quoting this for thruth.

21. Cardboard Jewsuke

The reason? Becuase it would be silly for Akatsuki to not have a medic ninja, and noone wants it to end up being the Kunoichi, we already got Sakura and Tsunade for that.

And noone said it was official...

And he is sown together, or atleast his arms. Does that not seam kinda "medical" to you.

And when he attached Hidan's head, why do anything more? Should he cast a healign jutsu and waste his Chakra, while Hidan can just heal it up on his own? that would be pretty stupid.

It's not confirmed, but it is very possible.

22. Eruravenne

Ok, let's count the signs that seem to say Kakuzu is a medic.

1. He can sew body parts with the freaky arm thread.
    2. He wears a mask which could be said to resemble a surgeon's.
    3. He apparently has great strength, which could mean great chakra control.
    4. He likes money? (I don't see how this is related to doctors... apparenty you guys just have real negetive feelings toward them for some reason.)

Ok, now let's find other, equally or more plausible reasons for these things.

1. He has weird arm thread, why not use it?

2. Many people in this series wear masks. He could be wearing it for any number of reasons. He might not want people to know who he really is. He could be trying to look cool, you know, fashion statement. Perhaps he's been mutilated like Ibiki was on his head. Maybe it keeps him from having to smell nasty things like that bathroom they turned over the monk in. Or, maybe he's got an evil mouth with some kind of weird, dark power which will be unleashed later. I don't know, I'm pulling ideas out of thin air now.

3. Maybe he's just naturally strong like that. Or maybe it's related to his hands being sewn on. Kinda like he's some sort of Frankenstien's monster (hey, people think Hidan is like Dracula, it's not any more far-fetched than that). Or maybe he does have great chakra control, but not because he's a medic, rather because he just wanted to be super strong.

4. Well... I guess you guys think doctors are only about money. I think you're cynical and probably unhealthy people with a terrible stereotype about the very people in this world who live their whole lives for others. They work all day, everyday trying to save the lives of strangers they probably never even met before. Yeah, they make a lot of money, but I think the physical and mental stress they go through on a daily basis more than makes it worth it.

Did you know there are many doctors who work at free clinics because they only want to help people who need it? Yeah, a lot of doctors seem to only do little things like stick a wooden thing down your throat and make you sit on a cold table with your pants off, but just because you aren't terribly sick or hurt doesnt mean none of their patients are.

Frankly, I'm kind of offended by you guys saying that doctors are greedy. One of my friends is in medical school to become a brain surgeon (I'm not kidding) and I feel like you're insulting him which is really not making me a happy camper. So let's just check that one off the list without giving any other explaination. It doesn't need one since it's a stupid thing to say anyway.

And there you have it. You still haven't convinced me, but since I feel like I'm trying to explain why Yondaime=AL doesn't make sense to people who honestly believe it (ie, all my arguements are probably pointless and not having any effect on you guys at all), I might just give up in the interest of saving my sanity...

23. RoastedTanuki

Exactly! Put em on Gray's Anatomy and you would know the difference. Hes either a doctor or a tailor with crazy stitching skillz. Hes gonna make them all new clothes in the middle of the fight.

Behold the power:

Kakuzu Jean Paul Gautier's fall lineup. it ownz

24. TicoTico

25. Marsala

It's called a joke. Of course most doctors are interested in helping people. But it's also true that some people do go to medical school because of the money, and any doctor evil enough to join Akatsuki would have that motivation.

26. Ben Dover

27. Jin-E

I do agree the idea that Kakuzu are a medic nin sounds a little strange. I thought a Medic was supposed to cure and heal teammates-not kill them(exception being the Nazi doctors). So if he really are a medic he clearly believes in euthanasia to "cure" his partners.

28. MasamuneX7

You know, with his arms containing those tentacles and his general inhuman appearance, it's doubtful that he actually looks normal under that mask. I'm convinced that Kakuzu's animal affinity is the octopus or the squid, so his mouth may be beak-like or detacheable and full of tentacles.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  29. shadow__nin

I agree completely. It's annoyingly presumptuous the way everyone seems to officially have him pinned as a medic-nin.. and a lot of people are going to feel like idiots if and when he ends up not being one at all.

Just wait and see, mmkay?