1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

On Estarossa's original nature

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Yak, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Yak Well-Known Member

Recent developments showed that Estarossa was original without the power of darkness and a feeble, good-minded person.

Then the Demon King injected darkness into him forcefully by giving him a decree and twisted his person and made him instable.

I'm starting to see a pattern here with how the DK does things. If you think about it, the decrees are keys to power but they also hold the destruction of the user if they are abused. The DK is cruel and likes to punish people with a taste of their own medicine.

Meliodas defied him so he made him immortal but also kept what he loved forever out of his reach until all eternity.

Now what if he did the same with Estarossa? Gave him a decree out of pity, yes, but he still hated how he was. So is the true nature of "Estarossa the Love", that Estarossa is basically compelled to ruin and destroy everything that is inherently good and loveable?

Killed Mael who probably was a really pure-hearted person. Killed Meliodas even tho he loves his brother. Killed that innocent bird way early upon his introduction even though he originally was a very kind spirit who couldn't hurt a fly. Preyed on Monspiet and Derriere as a couple of sorts even tho they were willing to relinquish theird decrees. The list goes on.

What do you think? Is his mental fucked-up-ness simply part of another of the Demon King's cruel jokes?

Tags:
  2. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

Yeah,it's due to the DK's twisted nature.
    I'm just hoping he stays a lost cause until the very end.

If Eli purges him,imma lose my shit.

3. Sphyer ~

Yeah, it's definitely because of that commandment that he's become so cold and cruel. One thing Nakaba has done is try to flesh out the demon clan more and make them show certain moments of genuine emotion. Even people like Zeldris and Fraudrin ended up developing more emotional connections than one would initially expect.

Estarossa will lose his commandment one way or another though and I suspect that once he does, he'll return to his older self again (if he even survives). Maybe then, his character will go through a rebirth similar to Gowther and he'll end up being more of an ally instead of an enemy.

4. savior2005 Well-Known Member

He will be redeemed most likely! altho i prefer he stay evil and cruel. infact, it'd be awesome if he pretended to be redeemed only to unexpectedly betray/kill someone notable.

5. Yak Well-Known Member

Redeemed in death would sound very likely for a character like him.

6. TragicDeath Active Member

With the revelation of Estarossa who was once born good, the last stop hed ever be will be a good guy. But as for now he would wreak who comes on his way. I wouldnt be surprised if hed surpass AM Meliodas. There is something strange on Estarossa and I think chapter 263 would be a good start gauging Estarossa's darkness as it bursts.

7. Taizai295 Member

I hope to GOD estarossa doesn’t become a good guy like he was before he got the commandment. I’d rather see him die the way he is now, same with Zeldris.

Screw redemption and becoming a good guy!