1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

One Piece Dub Discussion

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime Archive' started by Kucheeky Badkuya, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

While scavenging the forums, I found some users who watch the anime only on Cartoon Network, since FoxBox has cancelled it, and they don't visit this forum feeling they might get spoiled, well spoilers will happen, but I made this to limit that. Please only discuss the One Piece anime up to were Cartoon Network is up too.

Do not worry what everyone says about the dub, if you like the dub, than you like the dub, don't let users make you not like the dub and than leading you not to like One Piece. One Piece is a superb anime and manga, the dubbed anime has some issues, but please don't feel discouraged of watching it.

Also, of those of you that watch One Piece on Cartoon Network but are ahead in the manga, do not spoil anything for the users who only watch the One Piece dub, the rules are stickied on top.

No spoilers beyond that or a moderater will delete your post, most likely and you will feel there wrath in there way.

Enjoy, One Piece :amuse

P.S - A moderater, may change this if he/she doesn't like the wording of this or feels this is lacking something. Its fine with me :)

Tags:
  2. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

...Dammit, I can't legally do anything against this.

4kids sucks!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  3. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

As I said before, this thread is meant to promote One Piece, to non-downloaders, not demote.

4. Kagalli Off-duty Fanart Hunter

Well, I guess this is relatively kind of an on topic statement:
    Hey you dub only watchers, I really encourage you to start picking up the Japanese sub version. Voicing is totally supurb.... no editing... and blood! :)
    If you're a downloader of the Naruto subbed version... why not make room for another awesome series? You won't regret it! :thumbs

er.... that felt more like an advertisement for the sub :sweatdrop

*yells* leik OMGWTF, EVERYBODY DIES!!! Oh noes! you've just been spoiled!!! XD

jk :p *bows in apology and leaves*

5. RealaMoreno H?herer Krieger

Why watch dubbed? I never really understood the people that came here and watched only the dub of animes and not the subs. There's links all over the place to get an subbed version and if you don't know how, there's threads to get you started. I just don't understand it.

On topic: The voice dubbing is so bad, it doesn't feel like the voices fit the characters. I refuse to watch it, but at least the artwork is nice.

6. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

If they won't download it, let them read Shonen Jump, dammit.
    Not everyone wants to go download anime. Besides, this is a forum, not an anime downloading site.

Last I checked, the art is no different from the original, except for the number of English and Kanji word edits, guns changed, smokes cut, blood cut, etc, etc, etc.

And you might want to complain about the fact that the plot is pretty much gone.

But I digress; for any of you who have watched the dub, and don't want to download the subs, I highly encourage you to read One Piece in Shonen Jump.

7. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Guys, for the uptenth time. This is for people, who don't download the subs, this means, not re-stating to dowload the dub. Have fun with the sub, but there are people who like watching the anime the legal way. If you want to critic the dub, do it in the dub critic thread.

8. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

curses you have foiled our plans to re-educate the brainwashed dubbies :laugh

but fine; fine... I think it's fair that they get their own place and everything.