1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

One Piece Film Z (One Piece Movie 12).

Discussion in 'Pirate TV' started by Louis-954, Apr 18, 2012.

1. WinPiece777 Emperor of the new era

He looks like fodder. Franky is going to beat the shit out of him.

2. [S-A-F] Thirstin over Keiko's flat ass

He looks okay. I have to see him in color. Right now he looks like a random arc villain.

3. Hakan Erkan Well-Known Member

I hope you are right,movie Shiki was a really big dissapointment.

4. Delicious &#32

5. Luffyfangirl24 Luffy fan

Looking forward to this film, hope we get an epic trailer soon, so far all we've been seeing is teasers.

6. Marcelle.B on automatic Moderator

Hey guys just got the trailer from the official site check it out lol

[YOUTUBE]YTmkghZfka4[/YOUTUBE]

7. AfterGlow Agent Orange

No, Oda just outlined the plot, created Shiki, designed all the monsters, oversaw the production, made a prequel chapter AND had Shiki being mentioned by name in OP, but Strong World obviously isn't canon, derrrr.

The fact that Shiki DID escape from Impel Down in OP proves that SW is canon, very simple. Oda doesn't create a character, insert him into the manga and then have his entire story being a side-story that never happened, which would mean Shiki can show up at any time in the main story.

Although he won't, because he's dead, since Luffy killed him.

8. [S-A-F] Thirstin over Keiko's flat ass

Meh these movies always come out at the end of the year. Don't give a fuck right now.

lol at the teaser being Oda's sketch from his desk. Lmfao. I can't believe they did that.

9. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

What did I just say?

NOT EVERYTHING ODA DOES IS CANON

That is not how canonicity works. What is canon is defined by what the author wants not does. If Oda wanted to he could declare all fan fics canon. He could even say that a past arc is no longer canon if he so desired. The manga is canon by having the virtue of being the main work, it is an implicit canonicity.

Shiki is a real character, the story that occured between him and Luffy is not. Shiki is not a character that was created for the movie, it is a character Oda had in mind from before any planning for a movie.

Show me a statement by Oda saying it is canon or show me a page in the manga that mentions the events of the movie otherwise it is not canon.

Seriously, Luffy defeating one of the legends form Roger's generation and it never being mentioned by any character in the manga, this is what people believe is canon?

10. Luffyfangirl24 Luffy fan

They did the same type of teasers for movie 10, sooner or later they will show previews with actual scenes. Whats wrong with them coming out at the end of the year? Isn't that the time when kids/teens are out of school in Japan? More money for the One Piece film FYI. I like how they do these teasers, gets me more and more excited for it but thats just me. Luffy fought against Franky before he became one of the good guys, curious how hey'll handle Z.

11. La buse PIRATE

12. Serenity Twirling towards freedom!

Not sure if I'm sold on his design so far, but it might be better animated. Either way evil cyborg villain is a nice change of pace. Long wait for the movie though..

13. kaiser20 Banned

its gonna be trash this movie , gonna sell well because animation + overrated manga + nami and robin bewubs like in Strong world :zaru

14. typhoon72 Razzin Frazzin

Meh, im skeptical about this movie. There are too many perimeters in the anime right now. The SHs have only shown flashes of the new stuff they can do Post-TS, so I doubt the first time Oda reveals some Grade A shit will be in a non-canon movie.

15. Navy Scribe Oni-Take

16. Big Mom The Sweet Tooth Yonkou

See, this is a smart thing Oda is doing. Creating movies that are canon, that is a very smart business move.

As for the Z guy's design, need to see it in action otherwise it is alright. Maybe, Morgan got a new arm and is now going by Z? I hope!

17. LuffyStraw Banned

I can't wait to see the movie, it's supposedly going to surpass Strong World so you know Oda worked hard on this shit, can't wait for it.

18. Stripes wrong direction

Is it me or are many people setting this movie up for failure?

Wonder if this happened when SW went down. hmm?

Anyhow, all you who think this isn't canon need to reevaluate themselves. It's rare to see the original artist work with the movie directors and make an A class movie. I seriously don't know what much more you want from the industry?

Dude, Oda does not oversee the filler characters. If you read the SBS, the only fulfillment he has towards the anime in that form is to apove of the DF power; so they don't overlap with future plans of the stories.

I'm sure that's how it is with all filler work in manga>anime work.

Sounds like you have a lotta spite towards to OP movies?

19. Oberyn Nymeros Well-Known Member

Z may have a shitty design but damn if luffy doesnt look cool right there. i think thats the first time hes used the old gear second pose post skip.

20. 123JANGO Dr. Hogback's apperentice

21. Admiral Hakuryō White Hunter

From what I've seen of Z he's a cool looking down. I don't understand the early hate :lmao

If he's the most "powerful opponent so far" hopefully he'll be a beast in a fight, just like Shiki was.

22. [S-A-F] Thirstin over Keiko's flat ass

Yeah that's why i'm not too hyped for it either. Its only going to have been 1 arc post skip for this movie to work off of. Its being animated now and coming out in Dec so i highly doubt anything we'll see in Punk Hazard will make it into the movie. Save for Luffy and maybe Sanji with his air and blue walk most of the straw hat's fights are going to be really short or overall lame unless they just use preskip abilities. That would be underwhelming for the first timeskip movie but if it makes the fights better i ain't complaining.

Then again Strong World didn't have good fights and the movie still managed to be enjoyable. Actually why are we trippin? None of the OP movies are really fight oriented anyway.

23. Marcelle.B on automatic Moderator

that was taken from this page from the fi arc

24. 123JANGO Dr. Hogback's apperentice

i just saw the teaser his other arm looks like some robotic shit
    yeah it does remind me of krieg