1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Attention:

From now on, all kinds of threads concerning the upcoming movie will be moved to the Telegrams, so make sure to post your threads there from the get to go.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

7. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

One thing I hope for when DBS comes back...

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Toxic Saiyan, May 14, 2018.

1. Toxic Saiyan Once More... with vengeance

No more fucking tournaments dude. Like holy shit... I liked both the arcs, but it’s safe to say I had my fill with them for a good 4 to 5 decently long arcs. I want more than just the fights dude, the fights in the tournament of power were fucking sick, but those fights would carry FAARRR heavier weight to them if they had more of a story behind them, or the characters were aiming for more than just knocking out/ringing out.

I want to see some bitches get HURT, a SERIOUS beatdown from either side that makes you cringe like “is Goku/Vegeta/Piccolo/etc. gonna be able to shirk the pain and fight on?” Or “God DAMN dude chill you ain’t gotta hurt em THAT bad.” Like...

~2:10 that fucking kick to the head... mmmm.... that delicious cracking skull sound tastes good to my ears... imagine if that wasn’t a tournament...

Tags:
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. MShadows Deathbat

Tournaments are good for showcasing lots of characters in an easy way and short time. And that's exactly what they wanted to do for the ToP.

3. PlainWarrior Well-Known Member

Now those new characters need to used again instead of thrown away.

4. Toxic Saiyan Once More... with vengeance

But... my dudes, what about the bone-cracking hits tho?

5. Dave Grohl I'm your fool

Only certain ones. U6 and U11 only really.

6. PlainWarrior Well-Known Member

Have to or Super was just pointless to me.

The main team should be changed to include these characters.

Seeing them in a non tournament setting will be good.

7. PlainWarrior Well-Known Member

Having more of them will make the fights better and more entertaining but I don't really think about it just like how I don't really think about blood in fights either.

8. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

Yeah blood is irrelevant when 90% of the fights in Super are better than anything Z has to offer.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Spider-Man Happiness is the Smell of Sin

France

10. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

:optimisticat:optimisticat:optimisticat:optimisticat:optimisticat:optimisticat

11. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

Realistically it's more like 50%, but I exaggerate since Super isn't given enough credit for what it does well. Honestly at least half the fights in Z aren't that great. Piccolo vs 17 was the best fight out of the entire mess that is the androids and Cell saga.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

The problems is that Super fights lacks the weight,sense of choreography etc
    Even the average fight in Z will look and feel better than most fights in Super weren't really all good until the last arc

Not much to write home about yet still feels more to it than most fights in Super

13. OLK Well-Known Member

So glad this was the dub. I needed to hear that delicious Pikkon theme

14. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

I disagree. Goku vs Jiren for example has way better choreography than the video you posted. But to each their own.

15. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

No more trash forms like MUI, give us more original forms like Omen.

Better writing, no more nakama powerups/asspulls/Vegetto becoming dogshit even though he deserved for being a shit.

They should get someone else to do the sound effects, because the one that did it in Z is currently with One Piece.

No more antagonists that act like mongoloids and say shitty 1 liners or generic antagonists..

16. The Supreme God GODSPEED Aka Thespiritdetective . ART IS AN EXPLOSION

What?! The only thing that change was his eye color. Very original.

17. Pilaf The Man in the Rain

Why not both? Goku vs Piccolo at the World's Martial Arts Tournament is still one of the most brutal beatdowns in DB history.

18. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

19. koton123 Banned

DBS is gargabe compared to most parts of DBZ the only reason you say that is because you don't remember anything in DBZ because you're long term memory is nonexistent.

DBS tournament of power was just jiren vs goku and boring inbetween fights which literally nobody gave a f*ck about like the robot universe and universe 4. And it was all for what? The ending was so predictable but everyone tried to hype it up with these ''theories'' all over youtube reddit. And in the end it was goku goes new power level > defeats Jirean, the only thing I liked about the whole thing was the OST when goku hit UI in cabba fight. Toei music team > Toei animation + Toriyama

Other saga's were 999999999x better if you rewatch them, when androids 17 and 18 were hyped and nobody knew what they looked like and the squad was about to break the door, when vegeta comes out of the hyperbolic training chamber, Majin vegeta whacks and betrays goku, majin buu kills everyone bulma, chichi, R.I.P peak times

20. koton123 Banned

what's the point of showcasting irrelevant characters e.g every single universe apart from 3 when they're never in a million years going to develop any of them in any way or form just to hype up a fight between 2 people

21. Brandon Lee Green days are not gone

Mexico
    :scust

how you dare

22. Brandon Lee Green days are not gone

Mexico
    this, better sound effects should be added, no more nakama or asspull power ups ,like the ones vegeta get.
    no more mongoloids like zamasu.

23. PlainWarrior Well-Known Member

You like Gohan who gets power ups exactly like Vegeta so you can't talk about stuff like this fool.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  24. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

The whole training with Gohan could also helped Piccolo being stronger, but you cant do much when you are restricted by the outline.

Merged Zamasu was the worst case.

25. Brandon Lee Green days are not gone

Mexico
    i respect piccolo but he really needs to get a new transformation, cause there's something about his appearance that i've never really liked and i don't know what it is.

he should have an evil dragon transformation and look like tambourine but better.

26. PlainWarrior Well-Known Member

Piccolo is the coolest and most stylish character there is. He needs no change unlike some characters from team Universe 7.

27. Brandon Lee Green days are not gone

Mexico
    i don't share this point of view, also, apparently he's like the batman of universe 7, or atleast toei is trying to make him look like that's supposed to be his role, and that he is not an 'strong warrior' but rather a tactician, and that's some big bullshit.

fuck toei because of that, they are destroying characters unique traits while labeling and restricting them into one linear way.

for instance, gohan is supposed to be a smart ass guy, but that doesn't mean he has to fight using a wannabe elaborated plan every time, his unique trait was that one he got mad, he got massively strong, but now every other saiyan has this 'trait', vegeta never really got stronger nor goku mid fight no matter how beaten or angry they were.

28. MShadows Deathbat

Zenkais were retconned in 2013 by Toriyama for BoG. Now they occur mid-fight and they get stronger as they battle as well.

29. Lord Haunter Tyrant Overlord

TBH that's pretty much a general action fictional rule. And has that not already been the case wear after they get badly beatdown, they recover and they get a boost. And the more fight they get stronger in battle as well .

Zenkai's themselves were literary named terms for how characters get stronger after they lose a fight, it's not even a shounen thing, or a comic book thing, look at all the mythological stories that have been around for centuries and will find examples all over the place.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  30. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member