1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

OPBD Tournament: Katakuri vs Jozu

Discussion in 'One Piece Battledome' started by Soca, May 15, 2018.

1. MO Well-Known Member

the guys luffy fought are in the general area of Jozu especially cracker. I'm not saying he is going to get his haki blown away but there is no reason for me to put his haki on or near katakuri level when no one ever commented on it like for katakuri(luffy), nor has he shown the advanced form of CoA. Simply put katakuri has better haki feats.

2. Shrike Let's Baby

Not only did you ignore this post (you even quoted it when I said IN):

You also delete quality posts now, no matter how much they overstep your shitty rules. You are on some ridiculous power trip, and such actions only further drag this forum to shit :giogio

3. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    Not gonna lie I didn't even notice you said you wanted to be part of it.

Why the fuck didn't you remind me or bring this up from the start then? Because I've let people in 2 new people (@Amol and @Tale ) during these matches when they asked. It's not an issue to join :catprone

4. B Rabbit OL's Best

Cause he wants to complain. Can't let him in when thats his sole purpose of bringing it up now.

5. Shrike Let's Baby

Because who cares, it's an anime forum. I am not gonna go around pulling your sleeve for some stupid shit. But when you go around deleting posts which generally contribute, no matter that that vote wouldn't be counted, I'll complain. It's better to have non-registered people post meaningful shit then registered people yelling "lol, second commander level, lol" :giogio

Smh.

--snip--

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  6. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    You're not making sense. You can't go into a game thread with specific people who signed up and expect to not be booted out lol you think you can go into a mafia game thread and complain that one person is playing the game wrong without your post being reported afterwards?

If you wanted to join the matches then you should've reminded me or sent me a pm because as I said before it is not an problem to join this. You're making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be.

7. Shrike Let's Baby

The vote wouldn't be counted, like it happened to several other vs threads before. But sure, let's just forget about it all. I don't play mafia games, don't know shit about them.

8. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    Ok so do you want to join or not? :tupac

9. Shrike Let's Baby

10. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    done

literally all you had to do shrike

goddamn :catsupine

11. Shrike Let's Baby

Nope. Had to call for a lynch first, I didn't do it in a long time :kfam

12. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

Stop assuming that he's got greater Haki or blunt force than Jozu, it doesn't hold up. He doesn't have anything even vaguely resembling strength feats like Jozu.

We also shouldn't expect the fight to play out the same way. Luffy is a smaller opponent with different abilities. He's not gonna fight him with the same tactics. Jozu is a huge guy, and he strikes with his whole body. He's not gonna outpower Jozu like he did Luffy, and shape shifting parts of his body to avoid hits won't work. He's gotta actually move his body and dodge to avoid the strike. Unless you think Katakuri's tougher than Kuzan.

And he's not slow.
    Spoiler:

[/QUOTE]
    His hype,feats and portrayal suggest that he indeed has greater haki ..jozu doesn't even have haki feats..his best haki feat is connecting with Kuzan and unless you think that katakuri with a sneak attack can't do the same then this feat means nothing.
    Why shouldnt he fight this way or at least try ..just cause he's bigger doesn't mean much..he has the entire environment to drown him..future sight renders the way he attacks useless ..him attacking with his entire body means nothing..he simply moves out of the way Jozu attacks or completely mochify himself..we saw him dodge attacks from luffy with great precision...
    As for him being slow I never said that..he's simply slower than luffy especially snakeman who not only is faster but has unpredictable pattern..jozu is pretty straightforward ..

13. Typhon "The Roaring Tide"

Which is what exactly? Pre skip Luffy matched that iceberg feat and Crocodile was relatively fine after a shoulder bash.

The fact that Katakuri out muscled Luffy in all instances except Boundman shows his strength is exceptional.

14. Milkydean Well-Known Member

Crocodile in MF shouldn't be used as a bar to anything tbh.Katakuri's peerless donuts should pack enough punch to injure Jozu after several hits.I just don't see how Jozu could win this,specially when Katakuri is likely to dodge every single attack of his.Jozu doesn't even have AoE attacks to engulf Katakuri,he moves and attack,dodging them would be child's play for Katakuri.

15. Admiral Kizaru One Piece Expert

England
    Jozu's quite surprisingly fast as commentated on by Crocodile and how he was able to catch Aokiji, albeit the latter saw it coming and was dealing with WB at the time. So I don't buy into Katakuri simply enveloping him in his Mochi and suffocating him. There are other ways to get out of it other than simply eating through it, a scenario I suspect was added in his fight against Luffy purely because of humour and to play on Luffy's gluttonous nature.

It'll be a proper battle of attrition ........ body on body attacks. Jozu lacks the haki feats of Katakuri, but that's driven by Oda not fleshing out haki properly by MF but I suspect that his durability is stronger, not only because of his diamond toughness but also Katakuri's being quite poor relative to his peers (yes I know there was an element of plot in it you'll argue).

Basically Katakuri would land more blows on Jozu but Jozu's blows should be more powerful (depending on how much stock you want to place in the Crocodile clash).

Really hard to call. Gun to my head I'd pick Katakuri simply because his portrayal has been slightly better.

16. Amatérasu’s Son Redbeard

United States
    Well Haki wasn't explained at that point, and the only Haki at Marineford that were really pointed out were those that were harassing Akainu and when Luffy dropped Haoshoku no Haki. We weren't comparing Haki levels like that back then.

As far as hype is concerned the number three of the Whitebeard Pirates should be expected to have some levels, and that's not something I would pull in lightly. Katakuri does have the feats, and his Kenbunshoku cannot be questioned. But he's not invincible.

No, connecting with Kuzan isn't his greatest Haki feat. Making Kuzan bleed when he was already in his ice form is his greatest feat. I have no reason to put Katakuri's Busoshoku no Haki or his ability to shape shift around damage above an experienced top tier true Logia like Aokiji. That's what I'm getting at.

We know that size and strength don't necessarily corolate in this world, though Luffy and Sabo's strength at their size is noted as specifically unusual; but while Katakuri has a range advantage, in close Jozu won't have the same problems that Luffy had with absorbing hits and responding. Katakuri adapted his fighting style against Luffy copying Luffy's moves as a psychological tactic. That won't work as well here since he's not gonna match Jozu in hardness. And any time Jozu connects is going to hurt...alot.

WHEN? When did Luffy chuck an iceberg bigger than the Moby Dick at someone?

Crocodile was bleeding. He was caught before he could shift into sand. I'm not saying Jozu can one shot Katakuri or anything so grandiose, I'm saying he'll be able to do damage in a war of attrition because he'll be able to soak the damage Katakuri delivers and respond in kind and actually be able to hit.
    I don't see how you think a guy launching Buso hardened mochi is gonna crack a guy made of Buso hardened diamond.

Drowning him is the best tactic here, but I'm not sure that it'll be enough to keep him under.

17. Typhon "The Roaring Tide"

Chapter 582. Luffy broke and chucked a hill side. While it may not be as big as the iceberg Jozu thorough, rock is heavier then ice.
    I didn't assume you were. I was just commenting on you saying Jozu was in a different league when it came to strength feats. He's not

Similar to Luffy, Katakuri can actually augment his attacks increasing the mass or density. As far as we know, Jozu can only harden, which can only go so far.

18. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

So do you think that in the same scenario katakuri with a sneak attack wouldn't give a bloody lip? Cause hurting Luffy while in boundman and almost making him faint despite his blunt force resistance is >>> than simply giving Kuzan a bloody lip.
    He doesn't have to be above Kuzan to dodge Jozu and he certainly won't evade every single attack ..what I'm saying is that he will have trouble landing hits cause his fighting style is pretty straightforward for someone with katakuri's dodging abilities and CoO.Even Luffy with snakeman who was more unpredictable and faster than Jozu had trouble landing hits once Kat got used to it.

19. Pumpkinjin Pumpkin Cutter

Katakuri's attacks felt kinda lackluster tbh. Jozu should be able to withstand them even better than Luffy could. Jozu's physical ablities and endurance > Katakuri's, though Katakuri pretty much excels in all other stats. Jozu takes this match since Kat can't put him reliable down for good.

20. Amatérasu’s Son Redbeard

United States
    Ah, this. Thank you.

I mean it's nice, and he did it while injured to boot. But the way I see it he punched the rock and broke it then caught the piece that fell on him and dumped it to the side. Still inferior as a strength feat to chucking that iceberg, since it was larger and moved a further distance.

Afraid, I'm not convinced.

When you harden to diamond, someone else adjusting density doesn't mean anything as far as penetrating force is concerned.

Not sure, the only people to hurt Kuzan aside from that were Whitebeard and Akainu.

Nor am I sure that Gear Fourth has higher durability than an Admiral, at least thus far.
    I think the difference is that Jozu can more freely afford to trade hits with Katakuri in order to do damage.

21. Typhon "The Roaring Tide"

I disagree. You can't even see Luffy when it is thrown which means he didn't just push it to the side. If he did that, it becomes a lot bigger and more impressive then Jozu's feat regardless. And as I already said Ice weighs less then rock. It could be a good deal smaller and still weigh around the same

It's pretty easy to break a diamond. I don't expect Katakuri to try and pierce him with his trident.

I just don't see Jozu shrugging off strength mochi

22. Dellinger Charismatic Awesome

Elephant Gun sent a freaking massive Kraken flying underwater smashing a huge mountain yet people still praise the iceberg feat :lmao

Katakuri shits on Jozu. Period

23. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

That doesn't make sense..lots of people haven't hurt Kuzan on panel ..does that mean only Jozu can hurt him.
    Also do you really doubt that if katakuri stabbed him with his spear or hard mochied his face with a sneak attack would do zero damage to him? Cause if you really think katakuri can't replicate Jozu's feat with a sneak attack then Kuzan would neg diff katakuri.

Luffy's blunt force durability is certainly on admiral level as he was basically undamaged by fierce tiger and it wasn't even in G4.

24. Amatérasu’s Son Redbeard

United States
    Hard to say due to the dust. It could easily be obscured just behind the cloud. The image (center panel) doesn't show much more than the rock falling over.

It's pretty easy to break the hardest naturally occurring mineral in existence? I don't think Katakuri's got the crush force.

I can see him being moved by it sure, but I don't think he's gonna be eating damage the way Luffy did.

Punch force and lift force are two different things.

So you're saying one Yonko commander shits on another Yonko commander?
    You know that's not what I'm saying. Kuzan has walked through this serious more or less unharmed until the Duel on Punk Hazard, his abilities are proven. I'm saying that Jozu has proven his ability to penetrate both the shape shifting and Busoshoku of one of the strongest characters in the game with his regular attacks. I don't believe that Katakuri is going to be able to simply evade his way out of damage.

Do I think it would penetrate through Jozu's Haki and make him bleed? Yes. Do I believe it would break his diamond and seriously injure him? Nope.

If you think about it, Kuzan is an absolutely horrible match up against Katakuri. His ice would neutralize the mobility of his mochi.

Not sure yet myself. Primarily because most admirals are freaking logias and direct comparison between the body types is difficult at best.

25. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

1st) Kuzan wasn't hyped for his future sight and 2nd) he was hit by a sneak attack ..and again im not saying he'll miss every attack ..just that he will have trouble connecting his attacks..as I said before even snakeman with unpredictable attacks had problems.. Jozu is certainly not as fast and is also very predictable making Kats future sight even easier to take advantage of.
    Also Kat doesn't need to injure him seriously with a single attack ..he will obviously need much more than one but sooner or later katakuri will put him down .
    Jozu's only feat to hold on to is hurting Kuzan with a sneak attack which tbh is not that impressive at this level since even cracker would be able to replicate the feat let alone katakuri ..his hype and portrayal is nowhere near 's either

26. Amatérasu’s Son Redbeard

United States
    The Future Sight is an interesting thing in the long run don't you think? It's kind of a game breaker as presented. If other people don't have ways to bypass it going forward Luffy could come off as kind of invincible. I wonder how that's gonna play out.

I don't think Katakuri is gonna have the damage output vs Jozu's tank to get the job done, that's just me.

You're still focusing on the blindside vs the fact that he hurt him at all.

27. Marik Swift Ƀĕĕń ĺȗȑǩiṋḡ ṧḯṉḉḕ '07

I wonder how many people giving Jozu the benefit of the doubt in terms of endurance have argued against Doflamingo, who actually has comparable endurance feats, giving Katakuri high difficulty. :kannasip

28. Amatérasu’s Son Redbeard

United States
    :hmm

Doubt it would be a cake walk. I think Katakuri's advantages are his ability to let the threads slip through him and predict where he would attach Parasite. Then Doflamingo can fly. It would be a killer match.

29. Marik Swift Ƀĕĕń ĺȗȑǩiṋḡ ṧḯṉḉḕ '07

Tell that to niggas saying Katakuri would stomp. :tupac

30. Typhon "The Roaring Tide"

Yes. If I gave you a sufficient hammer, I'm sure you could break a diamond irl. Resistance to scratching? Hilariously high, but actual toughness is only alright compared to other materials