1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Orochimaru is not a Bad Guy

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by narutofan310, Sep 27, 2006.

1. narutofan310

You sad people lack critical thinking skills. Lets start off with Oros goals.

Goal: He wants to learn all the jutsus to figure out the meaning of life. Some could argue that he wants power to control people. He never said he wanted power, its a stereotype that most baddies want power to be the king or whatever, Oro wants power for knowledge.

Methods: This is where people get confused, his methodology. Yes he uses people and kills his subordinates, but look at who most of his subordinates are. They are stupid ass kids who want power (sasuke). They want power for selfish reasons. You also have to look at the morals and values of the ninja. Ninja are tools to be used. Oro is just doing what society taught him to do, use people.

You could say that hes bad because he snuck around to abduct his fellow villagers. From Oros view they are just simple minded fools that live for no reason other than to live. They do not seek knowledge and he knows that if he wanted to do the tests in public that it would be immoral in the eyes of konoha.

Although his methods might be considered evil the big picture is that he wants knowledge and a purpose for living.

Tags:
  2. Kakuzu

No my friend your confusing Oro for an "end justifies the means" type of guy. I would almost agree with you. That is I would have if I didn't see the lengths he went to in order to torture his former sensei, that is evil. Now Danzou can be considered good in a sense, not Oro.

4. Kromagnum

He killed the Hokage and attempted to destroy the village simply out of boredom.

"I like to see moving things. A windmill that is not moving can be nice from time to time. Now I want to move the windmill with the wind called the destruction of Konoha."

That had nothing to do with his goal of learning all techniques. You can argue that he was doing that to get Sasuke, but he had already put the curse seal on Sasuke, and he knew Sasuke would come sooner or later, regardless of him destroying Konoha.

5. aznwolfstein

Yeah...because he definately tried to start a war between sand and fire for 'knowledge'.
    this sounds a bit contradictory in that the beginning says he doesn't want power and then, before the sentence is even over, he wants power again.
    But if thought about, you could say Oro never said he wanted power but he wants power. This would make the sentence make sense but it still qualifies Oro as having a thirst for power.
    And killing the 'Professor' is not the greatest way to obtain 'knowledge'.

6. Sterling Archer

i dont think he's bad. he's just the opposition who can be easily villiafied (sp?). plus he's been alays known as a dark asshole that no one minded because it just was the way he was (stated by jiraiya when he was making tsunade feel worse about her brother in the flachback) when he was telling sarutobi about what he was trying to do and again when he was talking to jiraiya saying 'I just want to know the truth in life and learn all the jutus known. since its not possible i had to create a way that was possible.' thats not tooooooo bad, hes not really evil. he's honest (almost). he doesnt go out of his way to kill ppl when he easily could. then theres the kimmimaro flashback when kimmi was about to kill himself and he was like 'Wait, there may be no point in living but if you do, you may see some ineresting things to enjoy.' i was like awww, and felt like gaara. it does hurt. *right here*

7. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

He killed his sensei, the person who taught him the ways of a ninja, the person who favors him the most amongst the sannin, the person who trusted him to inherit his "will of fire". Oro's reason for killing him?....Revenge I believe.

Your right Oro is'nt a bad guy, that's too soft a term for him...He is pure evil.

8. gabha

Yeah like that time he killed one of his servants for bringing him medicine. That prick totally deserved it. How dare he think he can try to ease Oro's pain.

9. Cipher

The ends don't justify the means. Therefore, Oro is evil.

10. Sterling Archer

ppl forget that they are ninjas. ppl die and get killed by these same ninjas that we think are all nice and stuff. he's simply the opposition. a different point of view. just like how zabuza spoke of kakashi and how he's viewed in the Mist. we were thinking really!? kakashi!? he's all nice and stuff right? no, hes a killer just like ALL THE OTHER NINJAS.

....nah, Oro is probably evil, but i like him.

11. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    morons like Danzou ALWAYS end up causing more trouble than even the likes of Orochimaru...

Orochimaru is about individuality and self discovery.

Danzou is little more than some power hungry pussy who can't think outside the box and seeks to attain status by falling in line with the establishment.

12. J.J. FeKl

Umm...Yeah, oro's not a bad guy because his goals are supposedly "good"? Just because he thinks they're good enough to justify his actions doesn't make him good at all. I'd like to point out someone in real life as an example. Believed that what he was doing was right, yet did absolutely horrible things to do it. His name was Adolf Hitler. I'll do a quick survey, but I'm fairly sure most people agree he was somewhat evil.

13. Sterling Archer

^co-signed Raging. danzou is a puss conformist.

14. Sterling Archer

some would say the same about Bush but he's not evil is he?

15. Darku

Just look at his eyes... Sarutobi did, but he didn't want to realize the truth...

16. Bryan Paulsen

My initial reaction to the thread title. LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL.

On a serious note, the guy is evil. Although, admittedly, there is a sense of deep confusion with him about life. Perhaps he's an evil philosopher to an extent, but still evil nonetheless.

17. Kromagnum

Now you're just trying to take this topic into a place where it totally doesn't belong. We have a section of the forum for those type of debates.

Was this not a joke topic to begin with? Orochimaru is a bad guy. End of story.

18. HuggieThebear

OMG!!! Orochimaru, is totally made of fluffy bunnies and candy hearts! Calling him evil is like saying santa isn't real. Its a blatant lie!

19. Kakuzu

Sadly enough, I don't think this is a joke thread.

20. Sterling Archer

im not TRYING to do anything. i dont have opinions on politics. i let other dumbass ppl 'debate' (lol) on the satiracle antics of individuals that i couldnt care two horse nuts about. im was just poking at his hitler reference and its context and how easily it can be flipped and how someone's view can be skewed by the OPPOSITION. but seriously, i was just poking at him though, i dont discuss politics. sorry if you thought i was bringing it up.

plus, everyone knows oro is made of rainbow skittles and marshmellow easter bunnies. FACT

21. Kromagnum

Ok well I apologize. I've just seen way too many conversations blow up over political comments, both on forums and in real life. And if this isn't a joke topic, I've just lost a little more faith in humanity. I think the score now stands at -41%.

22. Sterling Archer

no prob kro, i totally understand. i too have no faith in my fellow man. i treat them as the defective products of nature that they are and refuse to recognize them as otherwise. but the fact has yet to be refuted. oro is made of skittles (with all the yellows picked out, ewwww)

23. S3RpeNt

Orochimaru is a bad guy nothing less nothing more,but i dont think this is important,bad is good or good is bad?To be or not to be? :p smile-big :p

24. Orochimaru is a good guy, why do you think he gave Sasuke all that power and why do you think he gave the Sound 5 the powers they have? Because he's generous. Why do you think he let Kyuubi-Naruto-4 live? Because he's Generous. Why do you think he killed Sarutobi? SO NARUTO COULD BECOME HOKAGE! Why do you think he is trying to learn all the jutsu? So, he can -teach- Sasuke someeeeee

25. The Truth

His goal isn't a selfish one however. His goal isn't to harm any individually unlike Oro. Who cares how "unique" Oro's goals are?

26. ez

He's a serpent, nuff' said.

27. loscar141

knowledge is power, power corrupts. study hard be evil.

i seen this in another forum somewhere.

28. narutofan310

if you havent noticed all the people he gives power too crave it. he just uses thier lust for power for his own good. oros pretty smart if you ask me.

the difference between konoha ninja and oro is that oro has a goal. ya naruto becoming hokage is a stupid goal imo. he only wants to be hokage to be noticed. the "ill protect the village" excuse doesnt work, he can protect the village without being hokage. the bottom line is that oros goal > all other goals in naruto. what more could a person ask for then infinate knowledge and the secret to life?

29. Sho

This post pretty much answers everything.

Orochimaru kills, tortures, and does everything just for the sake of doing it. He just loves seeing chaos at work because it amuses him. He's the quintessential villain and probably the best example of "evil" we'll ever see in this series.

30. Odlam

Another of my favorites was when he and Kabuto were on thier way to meet Tsunade, and Orochimaru is describing the massive casualties that used to be incurred before the medical ninja became a popular concept, and he's like licking his lips while commenting on how high the casualties used to be and how that may have actually been a better system.

He just like to see conflicts go down on a massive scale, and the messier things get, the better it suits him.

Plus, his snakes eat baby rabbits. I mean that alone implies pure evil.