1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Orochimaru's eye no jutsu vs. all

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Jonas, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Jonas Banned

I was thinking about Orochimaru's eye jutsu (the one when he looks into other ppl's eyes as they get paralyzed) and wondered what you ppl think about it. What people do you can withstand it?

I think theese can withstand it:
    *All Hokages
    *Jiraiya
    *Akatsuki
    *Kabuto + Kimimaro
    *Kakashi, Gai and Asuma (post, since i don't think Kakashi fears Orochimaru no mo)
    *Hatake Sakumo (even if he's deceased)

And im still curious about Gaara. He'd be the one of the young ones to withstand it. But since he's so young compared to the others i really doubt that he can withstand it...

Tags:
  2. RummY It is all fun and games...

Well, I will always remamber it as one of the best looking jutsus, but it was like... small warmup before fight, nothing dangerous. Sasuke was able to withstand it and got free. I suppose most of chuunins would handle this.

3. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

First, it's not a jutsu, it's just instilling fear upon your enemies by showing they your power and intent to kill.
    Second, I think most people would, at least, be shocked, if not completely paralysed, for a few seconds. Only those that already know Orochimaru's power and bloodlust very well would be able to not be affected.

4. TheChoji Banned

Well......what about Shikamaru. He's a genius by the way, and maybe he could find some way to cancel it.

5. Jonas Banned

I mean without using anything just when Orochimaru sees you you're able to see back like it was nothing.

6. Nice Gai Black Kamina

Its funny I would be paralyzed too after seeing him as well. He just funny looking.

7. TheoDerek Rise Against

Rank doesn't matter. It all comes down to if the recipent of the stare down of doom fears Oro.

8. MS81 Supreme Jounin

I believe its called genjutsu binding folks.
    Tsunade can do it also. watch eps147-148 please.
    REMEMBER FOLKS
    Spoiler:
    [/IMG]

9. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

lol I've been meaning to ask....what does that have to do with anything. I've seen you post that all over the place :laugh..it's a funny characteristic though.

Anyway I vote all. Oro's eye thingie isn't really a dojutsu is it? I always thought it was intent to kill being emitted though his body...or is it though his eyes. I guess it's through his eyes then.

10. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

That's no eye jutsu, that's his killer intent.

Which he used on Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi and the new body he took over.

11. Shiron BOING!!!

Yes, why do you keep posting what I'm pretty confident is my scanlated version (My destinctive box and MS Paint textsetting style of the time pretty much gives it away) of that page everywhere?

Anyways, I think Oro's killing intent would work on pretty much everyone. :amuse

12. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

Well I think it'd work on anyone who lacks their own killing intent. Like Gaara has a lot of killing intent so he'd be immune, but Kurenai, despite her skill doesnt seem to have much so she'd probably be affected. Kisame loves to fight, Zabuza has a large one according to Sasuke, so they'd be immune too. I don't know about gai, he doesn't seem to have a large one. I guess its also how prone to fear someone is.

13. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

he would get affected by Oro's killer intent.

i agree

He has higher chances of not being affected.

i dissagree here.

Sasuke felt both, Kakashi and Zabuza's killer intent at the same time.

Kakashi almost pee his pants when he was hit by Oro's killer intent, and he knew Oro.

Zabuza would crap his pants.

If Kakashi didn't stood up to Oro's killer intent, i doubt Gai would have done any better.

14. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I doubt that. I think it only really works on people that are really weak compared to him. When he did it on Kakashi, it wasn't like kakashi was unable to move, he was affected, but not as much as sasuke was. It seems like the stronger the opponent, the less of an effect it has. I'm sure that's why he didn't do it to Sandaime nor his two ex partners. I don't think it works on people with a strong enough will.

15. geminis Active Member

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Itachi.

If oro was to try this on Itachi then oro will be the one feeling the killing intent. Maybe thats what happened to oro when he encountered Itachi (if he did). If this turns out to be true, then it explains oro's view on Itachi.

16. geminis Active Member

You are really underestimating Gaara no suna here. Post-skip gaara will kill oro if oro doesn't get prep time for the fight.

17. Criminal NF TRIPLE OG

Anyone who can take seeing themselves die in all of its horrible glory right before their eyes can withstand this jutsu. But as humans, seeing yourself die usually takes you off balance a little, thus.....you are hard pressed to find anyone who will not be affected by Oro's Killing intent stare. When he pulls the skin down from under his eye and looks at you, your gonna freak out......it has nothing to do with skill or rank.....its just cuz he's so badass like that.

18. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

Anyway, Killer Intent can probably affect anyone weaker then you, and/or with less killer intent then you ^^

19. Nice Gai Black Kamina

20. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

Oro is Sannin, or has been fighting since the age of 5. Oro would fucking disect Gaara. Gaara might have a slim chance if the fight was in a desert and Oro had no arms. Thanks.

On-topic:
    Anyways, like mentioned Oro isn't really using an eye jutsu but his killer intent. Remember that he didn't even look at Kakashi when he used it on him.

21. MS81 Supreme Jounin

seriously folks its really called genjutsu binding

22. RummY It is all fun and games...

Jutsu or not, it is effective - instead learning jutsus they should increase killing intent!!! (Watching brazillian soap-operas before difficult missions would do the trick)

23. Nice Gai Black Kamina

Well you know Sakura and Sasuke will be out cold. Orochimaru can just talk to Tsunade and make her cry and break down.

24. Gunners .

I beleive it affect those scared of his power.

I would be scared if i sensed someone killer intent to kill me and it was really high, and yeh, imagine orochimaru notorious phyco next to you feeling nothing but intent to kill you, i wouldnt like that shit.

Now people it wouldnt work on are people who have no fear of death and people who would be willing to fight him.

garra wouldnt be affected coz he would have no respect for his power some what maybe not rate him high.

Naruto wouldn't he doesnt give two shits about people repuatation and given the chance would probably try taking on the whole of akatsuki.

Tsunade, jiriya, sandaime, and people on that level, reasons being they are on same level so things like that wouldnt phaise them.

25. Drakor Active Member

If this was him in the past, when he was around 13-15 Oros killing intent would entice Gaara into wanting to fight him probably :blink

If its now since hes a KazeKage, Gaara wouldn't be affected since hes murdered many in his past.

26. Anthriel 日本語の学生

It's important to note the difference between getting freaking out and being rendered utterly helpless.

Every Jounin should be able to fight Oro somewhat decently, despite feeling fear. But I guess only Akatsuki, Kage and Sannin would be able to completely ignore it.

/random trivia: The first case where somehow felt killing intent in the show was not in the Forest of Death and not in the Zabuza fight either, it was actually in the academy. Sasuke's fangirls must be quite scary. :)

27. Nice Gai Black Kamina

Thats some messed up stuff. I can imagine walking down the street and I bump into someone and we stare each other down but I can feel his murderous intent. Then after that i would stab my leg and jump into a tree somewhere.