1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

Our Hero Academia 2.0:[BnHA RP][Sign-ups Always Welcome]

Discussion in 'OOC Lounge' started by SoulTaker, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Wizzrobevox I'm About To Smash!!!

I'm gonna post up a conclusion to the post I wrote and then move on to the next part once I finish the rest of the post I have to do.

@Chronos I'll post a response to you next after that.

@P-X 12 @luffy no haki and I guess Karma and hero too

It's been about a month since Depri has started the club so the supplies he ordered for it should be coming in soon, look out for a post for that after I finish Chronos' response.

Busy, busy...:catprone

2. Karma15 The Naive Hero

I feel like George RR Martin, buried under the weight of these blasted narratives :catsad. Busy busy indeed

3. P-X 12 State Alchemist

Eh, sure. I'll have Michael meet up with Phoebe some other time.

4. Chronos The Wild Card

Take your time, bro. Do it when you feel like you can.

5. Hero Firewhore

I haven't checked your post, but was it changed? I'll get a response to you this weekend.

6. P-X 12 State Alchemist

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Chronos The Wild Card

Jet is free if anyone wants to have an interaction going on.

8. P-X 12 State Alchemist

@luffy no haki

Uh, you guys gonna post soon? Not to rush you guys, but I thibk its been a week.

9. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Sorry man got kinda busy but been working on the post, will have it up tomorrow.

10. P-X 12 State Alchemist

11. Hero Firewhore

let me know what direction you want to go in. just pm me @P-X 12

12. Olivia "Active" Member

I should have a post within the next day or so. After coming back I got so caught up in a mafia game that I almost instantly neglected the RP. I think I'm starting to get the hang of balancing so I won't spend an exceeding amount of time on one or the other.

13. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm slow to respond to things, long weekend. Will try to get up a reply soon.

14. Kyuuzen Knight of Gwyn

(Can't upload the image, something about my internet connection? I dunno, seems weird.)

Personal

Name: Redmond Caballero Byrne

Character Appearance:
    Redmond, or "Red" as he prefers his friends call him, is a relatively tall kid, standing at 5'10 roughly. He's got a messy shock of vibrant red hair on his head, deep burgundy eyes, and tanned, golden skin. He's got a nice build, with a musculature that indicates some level of athleticism, leaning a bit on the lean side if anything. He's the kind of kid that isn't especially rude or kind, ugly or attractive. He is remarkably, irrevocably average. He wears a much too large black leather jacket that extends to his knees. He keeps the sleeves rolled up to below his elbows.

Affiliation: Hero

Star Rank: ---

Hero/Villain Alias: Grease Devil

Nationality/Heritage: American born, but ancestry hails from South America and Ireland.

Curriculum: Vigilante Hunter

Origins:

Red's folks are from vastly different homes with incredibly similar stories. His father hails from Ireland, where his ancestors left to become American immigrants generations ago. His mom, same story, but her family comes from all over South America, but the bulk of her family is from Colombia. She was picked up at 16 to be a model for teenage fashion, and since then has become a world class super model. His dad dropped out of high school at the same age to work in his dad's auto shop. They met at 22, when her car broke down miraculously right out front of his shop. Fate lead to a whirlwind romance and she became pregnant at 27, about a year after they married. Thus, Redmond was born. A good kid, but he inherited a lot from his father. His easy aloofness, his wandering mind, and his love of tinkering. He wasn't a... bad student, per se, he just wasn't a spend hours studying for a test that he was gonna have to take every week kinda kid. His parents would go on to have three more kids, but none more like their father than Red. They loved each other and had happy Christmases and went to the beach over the summer and lived peaceful idyllic lives.

But of course, that couldn't possibly how this all ended.

I'll spare you the gory details, but in an event involving a clash between a hero and a villain, Red's dad, his best friend, his role model, was reduced to nothing but collateral damage and a file in a cabinet. Because these two clashing powers decided a city street in downtown Sacramento was the best possible spot for a fight and innocent people died. Red was a fresh faced twelve years old. The family grieved and moved on, their mother loving them easily enough for two parents. However, Red learned he'd inherited something else from his late father; an inability to let go of perceived slights. He didn't take much personally, but what he did he took very personally. So he was particularly excited when he discovered his quirk. His family had a celebration dinner and began the enrollment process to enter him into Grand Heroics High.

Personality:

Red's got a pretty aloof nature, but is not incapable of buckling down. Everything will work out, some way or another is his motto, and he's not the type to worry about something too much. This can cause a lack of motivation, and he lacks a strong competitive nature, which can be a detriment at times. However, he does hold grudges, when someone actually manages to get under his skin. No small feat by any means. He's slightly cool, and a bit of an outsider and a loner, and when it comes to somethings, there's a chance he'll ignore his responsibilities. However, if it's important to him, he can be pretty dependable.
    Gear Shift - Red has a very accurate measure of control over his own body. He can dial in exactly how much power he wants to use, not unlike keeping a vehicle at a specific speed. He breaks it down that way. The energy output of an average human over the course of their day, roughly translates to keeping your speed to no more than 25 miles per hour. By bumping up the "fuel intake" of his body, he can increase that "mph," which in turn increases his output.

He can essentially increase how strong, fast, or enduring he is, to a percentage of his normal levels, to a max of (insert percentage here. I don't really know a whole lot about Boku, but however much isn't like, game breaking or overpowered). However, when you increase how quickly you drive your car, you also increase how much fuel your car is consuming. It is much the same way for Red. The harder he pushes himself, the more fuel or energy he needs, so basically after a long day of using his Quirk, he's gotta gorge himself. Push himself too far, and he can cause damage to his body, and can be left unable to even move in extreme cases.

Techniques & Abilities:

Overclock - Red can "redline" his inner engine to push his body beyond his limits, going beyond his maximum boost of (:maybe) %. However, this boost comes in exchange for his tight control. His power can waver anywhere between (:datass) and (:gar) % and is extremely tiring to maintain, not to mention detrimental to his body. The side effects can be as insignificant as joint pain all the way up to loss of function.

Perks:
    (One of the five traits that your character has that’s unique to him. Perks generally give a passive bonus to your statistics. These passive bonuses are given after the character is accepted.)

Stats:
    (Everyone starts with at least 75 points and will be awarded more points upon submission of their template. Keep in mind that control is the average of your base stats. If you want more than that then you must pay 2 points for every 1 you move up in control.
    Peak human is the cap for base stats unless a quirk or perk permits you to go past that limit.)

Base Stats:

Power: 30

Speed: 50

Spatial Perception: 45

Stamina: 50

Special Stat

Control: (I imagine that I might have a relatively high control based on the nature of the Quirk, but as said above, I know shit about shit. So, just let me know what to put here, and it'll be done.)

Relationship Courses:
    As you determine which relationships you would like to set a course for please make sure to put the details in this section. This should include but not be limited to whose relationship course it is, the abilities gained thus far, and the characters player type designation. The first 7 slots are free but you may not use these for 7 perk slots right off the bat. There is a cool down between relationship course events.
    Choose wisely, you don't have to choose all at once.

Relationships: These don't necessarily have to be people you have a relationship course open with but are notable otherwise.

Key People: (Some characters have already interacted in thread and have established relationships but maybe "off-panel" there were relationships being established that we as viewers were unaware of. Your friends can go here or your mortal enemies but these are people who are key to your character. Potentially impactful NPCs can be listed here to gauge interest in cross over stories.This can be changed and probably should be changed according to your current situation.)

Rivals: (Maybe you have someone who pushes you past your limits in the spirit of competition or something more sinister. Maybe you don't have a rival at all or it's someone or something you develop over time.)

Enemies: (Someone you are actively opposed or hostile to for any number of reasons. This is much more contentious and volatile than any rivalry spilling over into a much more violent feeling.)

Other: (Some relationships are just too complex to discuss in generalities.)

SP Counter:

This helps determine your slot in storylines. You can pool your points here to purchase higher placement in storylines or to precipitate actions that are necessary for the story but would be otherwise unachievable. In addition to the number you put in here the GM will have a private grade from 0-100 to help facilitate this process.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  15. Island In the Sun

16. Kyuuzen Knight of Gwyn

I figured it was something like that. Thanks, though!

17. SoulTaker The Ever Living

@Kyuuzen: I don't see any issues with Red. You can skip him to level 2 or rather start with 125 points. The percentages I'll have to see after you allocate the numbers but I don' t think I've granted anything more than 10-15% on initial application.

The quirk is similar to one I'm currently using for my PC but I don't have any issues with that if you don't.

18. Kyuuzen Knight of Gwyn

@SoulTaker: Sweet, works for me. I've distributed the level 2 stats. 10-15 suits me fine, however you wanna do it.

If it's cool with you, it's cool with me.

19. Island In the Sun

For some reason, your character reminds me of the legendary car scene from Revolutionary Girl Utena:

20. Kyuuzen Knight of Gwyn

I would sell my soul to be that damn charismatic

21. Hero Firewhore

Do you want to interact with Westley?

24. Kyuuzen Knight of Gwyn

*reads Westley's profile*

Yes, yes I do. I really enjoy the character. Like Iron Man without a suit, it's gold

Am I allowed to post yet? I don't think Soul's finished the approval of Red quite yet, or at least I haven't heard from him yet

25. Island In the Sun

Excellent. I have no idea what we'd do, but I guess we have time to work that out. I still owe Hollow a post anyway.

26. Kyuuzen Knight of Gwyn

Maybe they're thrust together for a class or assignment? They seem like two people who wouldn't find themselves rubbing elbows often, so something that kinda pulls them out of their respective comfort zones would be kinda interesting.