1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Overlord

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by JesusBaby, Jul 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. JesusBaby aka BabyJesus

The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down one day; however, the protagonist Momonga decides to not log out.
    Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as "the most powerful wizard."
    The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) begining to feel emotion.
    Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become.

(Source: ANN)

Episodes: 13
    Air Date: Jul 7, 2015
    Producers: Madhouse

OP
    Spoiler:
    [YOUTUBE]jMoVmSV4yA8[/YOUTUBE]

ED
    Spoiler:
    [YOUTUBE]4XukocjXhSs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Tags:
  2. Punk Zebra Earth's CEO

Awesome I didn't think they would make an anime for this so early or rather at all since there is only been 6 chapters out. It being done by Madhouse is even better.

Have you read the LN yet?

3. Revan21 Ecchi Sempai & Lucky Pervert

[dailymotion]x2x23tq[/dailymotion]

First episode was not anything great, but still good. The melancholic introduction to a MMO world about to be turned off for good was spot on, I could really relate to that :cry
    Then came the new world, to which the MC did not have a hard time getting used to, and there was even time for some underling introduction. Good thing he added that extra line to Albedo's character description :wink
    All in all, decent setup episode.

4. OS The Entity

the manga parts i read seem interesting and i hear the novels are better so this is something i'll try.

5. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

The "MMO turned real" premise might be getting overused, but the main character being a caring Mr. Skeleton is something fresh. Will give this a chance.

6. JesusBaby aka BabyJesus

The quality was okay, you can tell the OPM anime is affecting it :(

Really looking forward to dmmo rpg in the future.
    Spotted the lizardmen :O
    Will it go to vol 4 or is that a season 2 teaser?

The Albedo ed song was pure <3

Spoiler:

7. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a Retired Staff

I'm in the process of looking for a new guild after years in a slowly dying one so that hit my sympathies as well. And I enjoy that the lead character has such an interesting avatar and setup. I laughed at his navigating dealing with that one servant, this could be fun. :D

8. Wolfarus Mrgrgr

Though i am wondering..even if it's a world of magic and whatnot..how does a skeleton being have a sense of smell or touch? :hmm

9. Pineapples Rain, rain, go away

Damn, that first part got to me. I often play an MMO (mostly World of Warcraft) and many times I've been part of guilds that were initially full of life; 20-30 something members logging in daily. But then after several months or years, the activity dies down and only 1-2 regulars log in.

Anyways, Momonga seems interesting enough. I wonder what other surprises await him in this real MMO world. Would be cool if he somehow encounters his other guild members. I like it how Momonga is more of a villain rather than a hero.

10. Revan21 Ecchi Sempai & Lucky Pervert

I wonder what his first order of business will be.
    Probably something natural, like have them talk about themselves or something :laugh

Same here,
    imo they managed to convey the MC's feelings of loss perfectly, to which a gamer can relate to :cry

11. Magnum Miracles Thank You, and have a nice life.

Pretty good series. Like any earlier poster said, these MMO stories are getting kinda tiresome, but I liked the first episode.

12. Sansa Princess.

The OP for this is seriously good

13. Revan21 Ecchi Sempai & Lucky Pervert

[HorribleSubs] OverLord - 02 [1080p].mkv
    [HorribleSubs] OverLord - 02 [720p].mkv
    [HorribleSubs] OverLord - 02 [480p].mkv

14. Tapion Well-Known Member

From the first time I saw that Lawyer looking demon wearing that orange suit in the manga, I just cant trust him.

His design, I instinctivly cant trust him :psyduck

15. Revan21 Ecchi Sempai & Lucky Pervert

It's fine that they are adoring Momonga like a god, but he better keep up his boss act or they might just turn on him if he's too soft. They are demons after all.

And now even his libido is gone,
    so there's not much use of assembling a harem if he cannot take advantage of it :p

Albedo's fanatic love for the MC is still highly entertaining :rotfl

Also, Mare is the boy in skirt, and Aura is a girl wearing pants. Better keep that in mind :amuse

16. tari101190 Well-Known Member

17. JesusBaby aka BabyJesus

#Based Mad House

Momonga is able to present the image of a competent leader to all of his subordinates.
    Their undying loyalty to him is an excellent aspect.

Narberal and that dark armor :O
    Good stuff ahead.

Lol those faces XD
    Spoiler:

18. Pineapples Rain, rain, go away

Enjoyable second episode. Looks like only the Tomb was transported from the MMO World. Nice to see that Momonga is taking precautions to defend and hide the Tomb. Judging by Mare's magic, the other guardians must be really powerful too. Momonga also expressed the desire to conquer this new world. That should be fun.

I'm guessing that the we'll properly meet opposing factions in the next episode. Yeah, Albedo and Shalltear's faces were hilarious this episode :lmao.

19. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Supporting Staff Anime Enthusiast

Enjoyed the 2nd episode as well as I did the premiere. Momonga is doing a pretty decent job analyzing his current situation. He's taking note of his new surroundings and those that serve him. I can't wait to see how this story continue to unfold.

20. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

The Momonga wank from the servants is getting kind of tiresome, but it looks like Koyasu is looking to change things up. I kind of like how insane the girls are, also Cocytus is cool

21. chibbselect Well-Known Member

I like how a lot of the background info comes from the protagonist's nostalgic internal monologues. Even though he's been thrown into this situation, he still has a god-like role since he was around when each of the NPCs were made. It's kind of odd that his guild required all members to have jobs in the real world--I guess they don't like NEETs--yet Momonga doesn't care about going home.

The NPCs themselves are a good source of intrigue. They didn't show any awareness of the fact that they suddenly gaining sentience and personalities, but they knew Momonga "stayed behind with them." Assuming that means they knew the server was going to be discontinued, that makes me wonder if they remember being...well, NPCs. Mare even seems to know his character description: "I'm supposed to be a boy, I think." (Apparently he can't check.)

Anyway, this show is better than I thought it would be.

22. Corwin Trained Stalemate Associate

I read a bit of the LN a while back. Art style looks more cartoonish than I imagined, but maybe it just takes getting used to.

Frankly, I found the novel to be too slow and dry, hopefully the anime will move a little faster.
    Spoiler:
    MC spends ages analyzing shit and doubting the loyalty of his servants. Also worrying about the dangers of the new world. Which is mostly pointless because there's nothing that comes even close to his power, at least up to the part I've read. Hopefully they will be able to keep it interesting despite the totally OP MC.

23. Revan21 Ecchi Sempai & Lucky Pervert

[HorribleSubs] OverLord - 03 [720p].mkv
    [HorribleSubs] OverLord - 03 [480p].mkv

That was a nice power display Ains made in front of the villagers :awesome. And I can really appreciate his intellectual thinking, getting to know the world bit by bit, not jumping head into a world conflict.

But, his ultimate goal is meeting up with other players of the game who might have ended up their? That's kind of small, considering his possibilities...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  24. JustThisOne Eternally Ignored

How much did you read? He is just overly cautious and makes preparations for various circumstances. Ironically his paranoia is one of the few things that is keeping him alive. Also he cannot blindly trust his servants, considering what happened to Shalltear and what Demiurge and Albedo have done without his knowledge.

25. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a Retired Staff

Since we haven't seen Ains interact with the world outside I was wondering what side he would end up taking. It is a twisted kind of fun seeing him crushing hards and protecting villagers. :p

26. JesusBaby aka BabyJesus

Ep. 3 - The death knight was glorious :'(

Gazef looked good, way better than the manga version.
    Ainz is losing some parts of his human psyche because of his undead class.
    9th tier spell XD
    They should stop using English to name the attacks, it's cringe worthy :(
    Albedo's armor puts bikini warriors to shame :)

Spoiler:

27. HisMajestyMihawk Well-respected member

getting some log horizon vibes from this...in a good way

28. Revan21 Ecchi Sempai & Lucky Pervert

[HorribleSubs] OverLord - 04 [720p].mkv
    [HorribleSubs] OverLord - 04 [480p].mkv

They dragged the battle a bit too far out, I had hoped they would be done with it in the first half, then instead of another asskissing the questing could have begun this week.

Ofc, the battle was still awesome.

That sums of this week's episode :datass

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  29. Tapion Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the battle through and through. I must say, four episodes in and I still cant trust that Orange Suit dude. I do love his design, but he just screams 'traitor', or he might be a bit too mischievous.

30. JesusBaby aka BabyJesus

The Gazef scenes were good , this ep definitely had a bigger budget.
    There is definitely a Yggdrasil player out there cause no way the scrubs could ever get a high level item like that.

Even with 4 ep per volume some small bits get left behind :(

-Gazef implores Ainz to help but Ainz say he would put up resistance if he forced him.
    -The enemy attacked because Gazef didn't have the Kingdom's Five Treasures with him this time, if he did he would have beat all of them.

-Albedo actually uses 2 skills to send that catapult attack back at the guy.

-The 7th tier angel had a passive defense boost skill for allies and high defense itself (which makes ainz one shotting it even more impressive).
    -The angel can supposedly kill the demon god that ravaged the world 200 years ago which the 13 heroes of legend sealed away and only a few beings can currently match this angel.
    -Ainz was on guard for Seraphim level angels which would have take his and Albedo's full power to defeat.