1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
  4. ⛄ ❆ Check out the latest Newsletter-December , read it here! ❆ ⛄
  5. It's that time of the year when everyone spreads good and magic things, to enter in the Christmas Spirit full of art HVoA invites you to

✵ Join the NF Christmas Extravaganza ✵
  6. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
  7. It's that time again, where a certain lazy rodent refuses to host a wonderful NE-centric game. Come play the 2nd Mafia Game

in the Nigerian Embassy (formally known as the Chatterbox) hosted by the one and only WAD! Test your skills, shitpost like no tomorrow!

...There's a prize if you win.
  8. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .

PC/PS4/XB1 Overwatch

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Naruto, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Whitebeard mods = fags

2. Cheeky Nayrudo d o n u t s ~

If you just take a minute to look into it you would see that the biggest/longest running online games are esports

3. Whitebeard mods = fags

And some really long running online games aren't esports.

Esports are still limited in scope and public interest so how do esports and longevity actually correlate?

4. Samus Aran Derp

I don't mind esports it's just something will never interest me as a player in this game since Iknow I'll never be top 500 or whatever. I don't have the time to invest into this game to that degree. I would like more PVE events though. I missed the Uprising event due to work eating up everything, but I do like horde modes.

5. Magnum Miracles Trick 'r Treat

I agree with Rios here. I for one just play the other events once when they come out, but other than that I don't even touch them.

It may make me sound snobby saying this, but if I wanted to go up against AI in a shooter, I'll just boot up DOOM. Hell, I may go ahead and do that right now. Never a bad time to give DOOM another playthrough.

6. Butcher Punishment

Leave story to the cinematic shorts and stuff.

A story mode, imo, would not be very fun in a game like this.

7. Milk B O O P

 :
    I'm with Nighty
    OW anime for story tbh

8. Rios Well-Known Member

I always thought that Overwatch takes itself too seriously with its story while similar games don't care much about the little things and instead focus on the more important gameplay parts. Look at TF2. Does it have any story? Two brothers fighting each other and hiring mercenaries to do their work, thats all. Doesn't stop it from having great characters with strong personalities and tons of community content. In few years Overwatch might achieve that too. Cant help but think that the world they are creating will only impede them though.

9. Cheeky Nayrudo d o n u t s ~

OW only got this popular thanks to its characters and lore so

10. Rios Well-Known Member

90% characters and 10% lore judging by the amounts of hentai.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Whitebeard mods = fags

12. Camoball something something custom title

I'm gonna play that mode for however many games I have to for that bonus lootbox then never touch it again.

More importantly, did Stylosa forget to mention that Hanzo is getting that skin from last years comic? That's like, the one important bit of info we got from that dev update.
    N A I S U

13. Whitebeard mods = fags

14. Rios Well-Known Member

I am not going to play the arcade even for lootboxes. Competitive is the only mode worth playing and only in moderation.

15. RemChu

character design, blizzard name, solid game play.

I know 0 lore.

16. Rios Well-Known Member

Also lets not forget the marketing. I am sure everybody knew OW was coming for a long time.

17. Rios Well-Known Member

Is harassing women an American thing? I am asking people who play on the NA server because here in EU I've never seen someone being harassed because of their gender. And there are plenty of women who play the game and talk in comms. Maybe a few times a guy decides to flirt a bit but nothing as horrific as those forum threads where every woman is being abused constantly it seems.

Way I see it its all that stupid feminism. Women can be as nasty as men when it comes to bullying, even more because you cant actually beat them up and solve the problem. So I guess plenty of them will take a word out of context and claim it is harassment.

18. Cheeky Nayrudo d o n u t s ~

You’re telling me you don’t watch any cinematics?

19. RemChu

Yeah some of them, but it wasn't the main draw for me and I don't jump out of my seat or rush to watch them when they are released. It is something but they don't even link it directly into the game client so you can view them...
    so
    there is a disconnect...

One doesn't need to know anything to buy the game and jump in.

20. Butcher Punishment

At its core it is just a multiplayer game. Nothing more.

Personally, I too wasn't really drawn to the game by the shorts and stuff. Those are basically cinematic trailers.

It would've got me hyped for the story of the game if the game had a story, but that isn't Overwatch. That isn't what the game is about despite all the trailers making it out to be just that.

I just liked the gameplay and designs. You know, like fighting games.

21. Rios Well-Known Member

All those pretty cinematics could very well be put under marketing. I am sure games like Paladins would want to have something like this but.......nope, money reasons.

22. Magnum Miracles Trick 'r Treat

Besides, the cinematics are like the Grimoires of Destiny. If they're not in the game, why should I care?

23. Cheeky Nayrudo d o n u t s ~

Performance SR removed for next season. That's one step in the right direction. Now implement solo q or separate group and solo SR

24. Camoball something something custom title

Should be an interesting change.

25. Rios Well-Known Member

Flat SR without solo Q wouldn't mean a thing, every game someone is boosting someone else and the difference is 500+ SR regularly.

26. Rios Well-Known Member

Its sad that a player like me who mostly plays below his skill level(I am almost always getting more SR than losing) has to settle with flat gains, meaning I have to carry the shit of my team only in the end to be rewarded the same as them, but I'll swallow it as long as I don't play with people who are not 500+ or - my current SR. All the time.

27. Rios Well-Known Member

Imagine this scenario: you drop to high platinim again because you tried a new character you suck with, cant carry your team anymore and end up with 11% win rate. Then you pick Hog, walk behind the enemy team unopposed, murder one of their healers, force half of them to turn around and chase you, escape them anyway casually walking away, your 5 pumpkinheads are still sitting far back behind the shield of a rein who never gets shot at and doing nothing while the enemy respawns and comes back.

Such is life.

28. MCTDread The Emerald Knight

Yes Yes and Yes. I play on XboxOne and there’s times where it’s frustrating to be settled with teams who don’t play cohesively.

I dropped from being a Platinum to now be below 2400 cause I’ve been with bad teams. It feels like that lately to be honest. Always losing close matches and it gets frustrating. I don’t claim to be an amazing player. I’m decent/good and do what I can to help but it never helps having players who are just meh.

29. Weiss dog = god

As a Pharah main I would be powerless against him :ohlord