1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for Graphic of the Week 50 -- Contest Central Banner is live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Voting for Photograph of the Week 54 -- Landscapes is also live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Entries for Graphic of the Week 51 -- Dragon Avatars are open! Click here to check it out!

Entries for Photograph of the Week 55 -- Freestyle are open! Click here to check it out!

-- Contest Central Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Throw the dice to win Golden Sparkles for a month. Check this thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ownership of Summon Lords and their characteristics.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Last of the Uchihas, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

If this has been done before, my apologies and mod, please rease this thread.

I always have this thought.

How exactly do you become a master of a Lord summon?

For example, if Oro somehow gets his hands on the scroll of the snail or the frog and he makes a blood contract, would the Lord summon obey him since Oro is the one that summoned him/her and already made a blood contract with them?

Can A lord summon cancel the blood contract if he doesn't like the current owner?

Would he has to fight the owner to see if he is worthy of the ownership?

Would both need to be similar in charactersitics?

As Oro's, Jiraiya's and Tsunade's personality are reflected in their summon.

or would a Summon immitates the owners characteristics?

For example.

Oro was able to summon Manda, but for some reason, Sarutobi didn't have a problem with Manda, and we know that Manda is ruthless and requires sacrifices?

Was Sarutobi aware of that?

Did he think it was worth the sacrifices?

Did he turned a blind eye like he did with Oro?

Could it be that the Sannin had to fight the summon in order to be worthy of the ownership?

The only problem i see with this is that i think i saw a couple of names before Jiraiya and Yondaime's blood contracts, but the question still remain, what's necessary to be a owner and get accepted by the Lord Summon?

Then, there is this part, what would happen if a scroll is destroyed or if a seal is put in them?

Would any of the sannin would be able to summon their Lord summons, even though they know the handseals for it?

If they were able to summoned them, do you think they would listen to their owners, even though their blood contracts no longer exist?

Can one be owner of different animals at the same time?

Can Oro summon Gamabunta and the snail if he mananged to sign a blood contract, and seal Jiraiya's Tsunade's and Naruto's blood contract?

Tags:
  2. TheoDerek Rise Against

I think to become a master of a boss summon you have to have enough chakra to summon it (duh) and it has to accept you. Like with Gamabunta and Naruto.

I don't think the same person can have two different contracts because their is only one summoning jutsu (I think) and the hand seals do not differ.

And I think if a boss summon doesn't like the person they can just unsummon themselves. Manda unsummoned himself in the Sannin battle. Or maybe they can just refuse to be summoned :smile-big.

I think the requirements for the boss to accept the person is set by the boss.

With the Sandaime/Manda thing. I don't know what Sandaime thought.

If the contract is destroyed I would assume that the person can no longer summon the creature. But if this is true then its really stupid of Jiraiya to carry around his scroll.

3. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Yeah I think the Naruto/Gamabunta situation best described the boss summon situation. As for manda....maybe there are different boss summons or something. I'm not sure about that one. I blame it on plot holes, or Oro summoning Manda after he left (which is mostlikely not true since he was really skilled and mostlikely had the skill to do so before he left the village).

4. icoselitham Lost

So many questions :xp

I assume you don't become master of a Boss summon. The Boss summon just chooses to obey you because of free will or for a price.

5. geminis Active Member

When in the manga did manda and sandaime meet? I guess I missed this since I really started reading manga Right before Part 1 ended around Lee vs. Kimmimaro. Can somebody please(pretty please) tell me the chapters or post the pic?

6. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

They never met, but the sannin had their summons when they were still in the Leaf, meaning that Sandaime was aware of Oro's summon.

7. shibigoku Master of the fist

I think that a boss summon has to accept you first. About the traits the Sannins have with their boss summon, I think that they went into some kind of training with them.

Gama performed a hand seal in his fight agains shukaku. So that means that the summons can use jutsus. Once you are an underling of Gama, I think he (or one of his sons) will train you so that 1) you get stronger and 2) you get accustumed to them and develop the most effective way of fighting with a summon. That explains how Jiraiya and Gama did that huge katon together. Summon are tools (well to me). When Naruto made Gama turn into a fox, I think it was one of the many ways u can use a boss summon.

Since Katsuyu and Manda don't have hands nor legs, I'll have to analyse them separatly from Gama. Tsunade commands Katsuyu no doubt, and she knows his abilities very well. For Manda, I'm sure that Oro went into training with his anaconda contract beasts like his fellow sannins, but he doesn't have Manda's respect. In the fight of the three sannins, Manda did all his fighting on his own. Oro was jutsuless, I know, but that's not it. Oro did not issue any command to Manda or try to do anything cuz if Manda had seen that he was jutsuless, Manda would have eaten him on the spot.

About Naruto, if I'm right, he trained with summoned frogs during the timeskip no doubt.

8. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

To be serious we have no indication weather or not Sarutobi ever had contracts with snake/frog/slugs. All we know is that he had contracts with monkeys. So basically half of the question ends right there, since for all we know each other three could have simply taken the contracts from others or even the secret scroll storages of Konoha. The only ones we know having passed down their contract to someone uptill (end of part 1) now are Orochimaru to Anko and Kabuto, and Jiraiya to Yondaime and Naruto.

So this most likely means that each of the sannin chose a different contract then their master, or simply Sarutobi didn't pass down the monkey contract to them and let them or gave them the contracts now they have viewing their personalities.

9. Gold Knight To The Rescue!

I think the contract extends to all members of the particular summon. Chakra and control matters more in summoning the Lord, as Naruto/Kyuubi proved when they were falling to his doom after Jiraiya pushed them off the cliff.

I think that each individual is restricted to a certain animal group, as per their contract. And they all have different rules.

That would likely be very difficult to accomplish, but it's an interesting question. My guess is the bond breaks or will be interrupted, but I don't think anything would happen to either summoner or summon animals, they'd just have to forge a new contract.

I think the real question is, even if Oro was able to do that, is whether they would accept Oro, or attack him on sight. I'm inclined towards the latter.

10. Chatulio Senex

Well.....from what i understand of it is that the summons can choose whether to allow the user to summon them or what not. Ex. Naruto and Gamabunta.

11. Grep Kids love Grep

This is kind of an odd question, there isn't any required to summon a boss (or his subordinates) other than the ability to do just that. If it doesn't listen to you then it doesn't listen to you it could hang around or leave but that depend what it wants to do. I summon creature has no clue that it is being summoned until it gets there so it couldn't refuse to be summoned.

It seems that each boss has their own morals and ideals but they all seem to want a powerful person as their summoner. It also seems that even if you are strong and can summon the boss, that if it doesn't respect you it won't fight for you (and in mandas case will threaten to eat you).

12. yummysexyhinata New Member

i truly doesnt understand this questions

13. Neut Tread softly & Carry a Big Axe

It's just an opinion, but I think ANYONE can create a contract with a Boss Summon and try to summon it. Whether the Boss agrees to be bound by the terms of the contract is entirely up to the Boss' discretion. We've seen that they very willful and quite aware of the weaknesses of their human summoners. They can quite easily turn on their Summoners too. I

do not think the Summons reflect their Sannin Summoners in some mystical way, but the reason why they reflect their summoners is because they are compatible with each other. It would be quite possible for sufficiently powerful shinobi to sign a dozen blood contracts, but since the Boss Summon acts on their own discretion, they may decide against aiding the Summoner. For instance, Manda's unscrupulous and cruel nature wouldn't be compatible with Tsunade's caring nature and any cooperation between the two will come to grief - since the Boss is not BOUND to obey the Summoner. Since the Boss Summon is not lightly called and will squish an impertinent Summoner, I think any would-be summoner would be careful to choose an animal whom he can work with.

In respect of two or more Summoners calling the creature at the same time, there's where priority on the Blood contract comes in. In my (humble) opinion, whoever signed first will have the priority to call the creature.

However, the main principle governing a relationship between Summoner and Boss is that there's only one Boss and ultimate discretion of whether the Boss works with the Summoner or not is whether that particularly Boss can work with and more importantly respects the Summoner, but the manner by which the Boss accords 'points' for respect would vary from Boss to Boss. Therefore there would be no need for the Boss to cancel the contract. If he disapproves he'll just squish the rude Summoner and leave.