1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice

Paintball!

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Squirrel King, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Squirrel King Squirrel King

Where all my fellow 'ballers?

AGD markers are the best hands down. I sold my marker because I needed some money (Got sued >< .. Long story). But I had an ULE bodied E-Mag. I plan on getting another E-Mag setup sometime soon. For now, I'm just using my Tippmann.

I mostly used to do Tourney play, I used to have a team, but it broke up (See fragments of what remains at - Check out the DVD preview under the movie section! It's good stuff)
    We were pretty good. Probably one of the most hated team in Maine, though. Which is why I ended up quiting it, but the team broke up after anyways.

But it's a great sport!
    I recomend everyone to go to a local field if they have one and try it out. It's a rush!

Tags:
  2. SoulFire .....Nah

Last time i did this, i got shot up pretty bad :p Stilll all in good fun, though over here in the Netherlands we really only have 1 good place to ball.

3. ?pamham New Member

I havent played paintball in years. My tippman 98 is collectin dust.

4. Shinobi Nin of Darkness

I love paintball......although i never played b4 <_<

5. xrotarydudex New Member

paintballin rocks even though i suck

6. Zipnab Mushroom.

I am a paintball player, used to be a team leader in a league, now i'm "for hire". : )

Do you play 3x3, 5x5, 7x7?

my team was in a 5x5 league, and now i usualy play 7x7.

7. Squirrel King Squirrel King

3 or 5 in tournies. I did a 5 series event for 5 man. My team placed 2nd overall.
    Most 3vs3 games I'll dominate if I have a good team. It's so much easier. Which is why I prefer 5 out of all. 7 and 10 just get too crazy... too much paint flying to play an actually game. But for fun... they rock! 10 vs 10, it's crazy! I love it. But I would never enter a tourney (ie pay alot) to play it.

8. ?pamham New Member

Last time I played we all entered the woods at a different point. Once we got in it came down to a huge ffa

9. xrotarydudex New Member

10. OPTIMUS PRIME Autobot

I paintball! WooT! I own an Icon with an electric hopper and a 16 inch carbon fiber barrel. its a good gun but I want to sell it to get a tippmann A-5 with E-Grip and the flatline barrel. *drool* later

=========OPTIMUS

11. ND_Shikamaru New Member

I got a tippmann A-5, but yea. . . didnt upgrade or nething cuz i dont have nemore money!! haha. . . got sum random stuff 2, but nothing 2 special. . .

12. ?pamham New Member

So thats why TIppmann 98's are at walmart now. They came out with a new gun.

13. Zipnab Mushroom.

i also play for the chalange, i mean Mission games.
    hostages, taking control of a building, guarding a VIP, that sort of things.
    games with a purpose more then just shooting and bringing a flag.
    i love those even more then league games.
    because you really build a straegy in those. you use decoy and stuff like that, and we use also "special" weapons. sometimes hand guns some times shotguns. its just more fun : ).

14. Squirrel King Squirrel King

Yea, I hate standard recball, but add in some themse or make it a huge scenerio game, and I'm there.
    A local feild hosted a 2 day scenario game a while back, basically it was Aliens VS Humans. There were tons of props and missions to go on. Many props were hidden around in the woods and were really powerful. Grenades, supersoakers, ref sheilds, armour peircing rounds (You could have made your own body armour if you want, torso shots on the silver sequin materal you made it out of wouldn't count as a hit. I was one of 5 people that decided to make this. Not only was it hard, but that stuff is expensive!), etc.
    The greatest part about the scenario were the spys. On each team, there was two spys. It was a common fact that there was two spys, and a big part of the game would be uncovering them.
    Do you have any idea how fun it is to run around shooting people on your "own" team secretly? Or stealing props, taking over a fort, etc all by yourself? It's a blast! (Yes I was a spy). The best part was.. I betraye my best freind. I was really on the Alien team, but I told me freind to sign up for Humans, because thats the team I would be playing with for the first day.
    People started to suspect me as the spy, and I got held hostage when I entered one of the forts. I had 3 grenades, a bunch of pods, and my marker taken from me. He talked them out of it and I got all my shit back and then went crazy. I had to play on the Aleins side the next day becacuse it was too risky playing on the Humans before they could proof me a spy and win points.
    It was really interesting to play on the other side the second day, seeing both sides of the action. I liked their side alot better.
    Because of actions by me, the alien side won by a little bit.

15. ND_Shikamaru New Member

DANG!!! That sounds so freaken fun!!! man. . . i wish they had a place like that here!

16. Genma -fear the toothpick-

haha yeah! paintball rocks!

17. ?pamham New Member

I dusted off all my old gear. The spring in my tippman went bad. So i'll need to replace that before I can do anything with the gun. My mask has little tiny cracks in it. My co2 tank also expired :(. But once I get a new mask/tank/spring ill be good to go.

18. Genma -fear the toothpick-

i dont have any gear. all i know is paintball gets you on a mad adrenaline rush.

heheh cool.

19. ND_Shikamaru New Member

hahaha. . . thats 1 of the only reasons i go!!

20. DaNuKA_SAN variable

hehe^^
    i just got me gun i ordered^^
    a nice Icon E LED with electronic grip^^
    sweeetness! 13 bps! w00t!

best damn sport there is!

21. Squirrel King Squirrel King

Which spring?

If it's the trigger spin, clicky pen springs work much better anyways. If its the sear spring, if you're good with that kind of thing, you can rig something up.

But if its that long one for the rear bolt, that might be a bit tougher to replace easily.

I would also suggest, however you want, securing the pins in one side of the marker. You know, all those damn pins thaht hold things in place like the trigger? They move around, making the trigger feel "Squishy" IMO. I wrapped some teflon tape around them, making it so they don't move around. I noticed the trigger felt alot better after that.

22. TrendyNinja A nice guy

PaintBall

Has any of you played this cool game?I just went into a properly arranged space in the mountain above my town and being my 1st time playing it I was so much into it.I loved it.I will definiteley go again.
    For those who do not know paintball is a game where you wear protective helmets take a special gun which shoots balls paint (which by the way freaking hurt if hit in a close range) and make teams and do missions or just kill each other.Well ....anyone ever played it?

23. tntrag-sniffs New Member

i never did but i would like to

24. IIReDragon Academy participant

... 1st of all, you act like we're stupid, most people here are from the U.S so I'm pretty sure they've heard of paint-ball. 2nd of all the name paint-ball alone should be self-explanatory.

And lastly, I ahve played paintball, but I'm not into it as much so I never bought a gun, I use my friends. I'm more into airsoft, I like the realistic gun feel.

-ReDragon-

25. Tsugakyu Till is the sex!

I've never played paintball :(

26. SoulFire .....Nah

Ya, but whenever i play it i end end up getting shot in the balls or something >.<

27. Ketsueki Bushy Haired Ninja

First time me and my best friend went paint balling I wore a cup...

...he didn't =3

28. IIReDragon Academy participant

Me and my friends respect each other and are mature enough not to shoot there. It's like the natural code for men to generally leave that area alone.

-ReDragon-

29. Sitex Banned

Totally agree... also dont you have to be 18+ to play it with others?

30. Ketsueki Bushy Haired Ninja

Haha, no, I didn't shoot him there on purpose... I shot at him from quite a way away and hit him there by accident. I felt really bad.