1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Palin enters NYC mosque debate.

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Onomatopoeia, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Evil Ghost Ninja

2. Terra Branford

Its not that they can't, they are building it in the area where thousands of people lost their lives and family members, due to Muslim planned attacks.

Its a kick in the balls to have this happen to these people who suffered from the attack. Sure its not on the ground the towers were, but its in the zone of it. People didn't just die in the Trade Center. Building pieces dropped down, people died from breathing in the smoke and everything.

I think for once in her life, she makes sense. Its reasonable.

3. Shɑnɑ

I really don't want another debate to start, so I'll end this here. :/

4. Razgriez

Hey Im not too fond of Islam either and a lot of its followers but the more that I think about it. Its not my place to say they cant put a Mosque 2 blocks away from ground zero. Hell, its no one's place to deny them the right to place a Mosque there as long as it follows all local, state and federal laws and regulations.

5. Inuhanyou

If you want to be antisemitic, use 9/11 as an excuse tell people they can't use their powers of religious freedom to build mosques where they want :hurr It'll say a lot about you and less about them. :hurr

That being said, this country was once all about becoming better, what happened to that? :(

6. Cardboard Jewsuke

So, are Mosque's tax exempt like Churches?

7. Shɑnɑ

Not letting people step on you.

8. Razgriez

I dont see why they wouldnt be since it is a house of worship. That is unless we discriminate unconstitutionally against them which I dont put it above the government.

9. Shɑnɑ

Haha that's really funny, there are tons of Mosques in America, you do know this, no? :huh

And yes Mosques are exempt from taxes.

10. Terra Branford

Nah, the Gov could care less about what religion or race anything is.
    Or they would have stepped in immediately about this, if they cared. :amuse

I believe they already have a Mosque in the same area in New York. :hmm

11. Evil Ghost Ninja

Many states don't even recognize muslim marriages as legally binding like Jewish and Christian ceremonies are. So who knows >.>

12. Razgriez

I get this vibe that you think your better then me.

13. Shɑnɑ

Really, Maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive :edu I am just saying next time you run your mouth about a great country read up on this stuff first to avoid looking ignorant.

14. Terra Branford

Muslim marriages calls for the abuse and un-equality of women. :oh

These states are trying to protect women :hmm
    How did ya get that from her post? :huh

You claimed the Gov would discriminate against them, she told you there are thousands/millions? of Mosques everywhere in America.

Clearly they won't and will never, discriminate.

She also answered your question.

15. Bleach

The best event for people against Muslims would have come this year if Ramadan was to start on the 12/13th of August.

Because Ramadan would have a higher chance of ending on September 10th meaning Eid would be September 11th.

16. Razgriez

It was merely speculation. I didnt say they do it. I simply implied that I wouldnt be surprised if they did.

Easy. The way it was worded and the last sentence was in bold. Its just appearing that she is being very assertive in her text and if you say out the words they appear to have a very arrogant tone to them.

17. Evil Ghost Ninja

Not like the other Abrahamic religions don't either or any other religions of male dominated societies for that matter! :zaru

18. Shɑnɑ

Meaning you wouldn't put a low thing past the American Government, granted they are dirty but other countries governments are just as dirty if not more. But seriously if they were going to discriminate against Muslims there would be no mosques at all.

America does its best to treat all equally, while still trying to keep hold of morals/Unlike other countries where women don't have rights.

Proofz? :oh

Not only is there inequality but abuse and "flogging" or "Idribuhunne" I think it is -- of women

19. Evil Ghost Ninja

Niggahs be reading too much into coincidences. >(

20. Razgriez

We do discriminate against muslims. Do not think for a second we dont. While we dont take it to the extreme like we have with enemies in the past(Japan). We still do give muslims a harder time and are a bit more cautious around them. Its natural and really we kind of do have a lot of reasoning behind it. The religion is legitimately sexist and very cruel and unforgiving towards nonbelievers and what they would consider criminals.

People however have the right to believe in these ideals or ignore and be critical towards them as well as long as it doesnt infringe on others rights.

We are however far from perfect and like Europe we have parts where we take it a bit too far and become over protective and restrictive to ourselves.

I do love my country. I served 4 years in the military and Ive just recently moved over to the reserves.

21. 0ne Winged Angel

I've said it before and I'll say it again on this issue:

It does not matter what the intentions are behind it, nor whether you view the people who will be "butthurt" over it as racists. The simple fact is that this IS provocative to build it there, and it WILL create tensions/problems.

There is also the matter of funding, because as far as I know we still don't know who's funding it right? If it's a group that supports the radical brand of Islam then this is almost certainly done as a giant middle finger to the 9/11 victims; The funding should be looked at closely.

While I have no problems with mosques being built pretty much wherever, building it there is just going to cause massive problems within the community regardless of their intentions. Why cause needless provocation? Also, if it's being done to mend fences, so to speak, why not include a 9/11 memorial in there for the public?

22. Razgriez

I think its important for Americans to be the better people and simply get over it. Its technically really 2 blocks away so its not on site. Its just around the corner. Whoopdee doo.

Lets show them that we are acceptable of their ideals to a reasonable level and when they want to fight we would be more then willing to unleash hell on their faces in retaliation.

23. 0ne Winged Angel

I can tell you from personal experience (not with 9/11, with other things) it's extremely difficult to "be the better person" when your family/close friends have been hurt/injured because of an event/ideal/person.

As I said, looking at the funding is crucial. A large part of the problem for me over this whole deal is that the funding very well could be coming from countries/groups openly supporting radical Islam, which as I said, is nothing but a massive "fuck you" to the 9/11 victims.

24. santanico

She's got some damn nerve.

25. Terra Branford

Well I'm most positive the bolded was to show she was answering you, so you didn't mix it up with the rest of her post.

Yes, but this is America. We can't allow a religion of pure violence and mistreatment toward one gender, come to be.

Otherwise, murder of women for "cheating" or "speaking out of turn" would sprout up everywhere and women once again, will be forced to the back of the line to be treated, once again, like property.

We are trying to CHANGE that, not allow such treatment in a country of freedom. A religion that is so unfair toward a gender shouldn't be allowed in America.

Get over a bombing done by Muslims? They will have a Mosque built in the AREA where THOUSANDS of people lost their lives, to Muslims.

And as I've said before, people didn't just die in the Towers. Smoke killed people, falling building pieces and everything else.

If we are to "get over a bombing done by Muslims" then they can get over us not wanting them to build a Mosque in the area where people lost their lives due to Muslim religion.

As OWA said, its a big "Fuck you" to 9/11 victims.

Spoiler: A bit off topic and if you wish to continue, I would be glad for PMs or to start a thread and debate
    If they did have it in them at one point, they don't anymore. Posting past man-made interpretations of Religions (Bibles and everything) is an idiotic move to make.
    Where as the Qu'ran (Muslim marriages) clearly calls for the abuse of women. And Muslim marriages follow the example of hitting your wife if she speaks out of turn.

Many of the religions you think you know about, was never called upon by its God, but my men interrupting and molding it to their own power.

But allowing such a thing in America would be a disaster. Men could kill their wives and be safe from the law because they can say "its my religion/marriage, I am allowed to have my freedoms"

Protection against such acts isn't discrimination, and I'm sure if it was the Bible nowadays calling for death or abuse of your wife, you guys would be jumpin' on it and tearing it about. Yet you kick up mud in the water and think you know that of which you are talking about -- you don't and you will never know unless you sit down without a biased view and actually read what you are trying to say is messed up. Otherwise, its just shit pouring out of your mouth. :zaru

26. Shɑnɑ

What? When have we EVER discriminated against them? Where are you getting this? Did we move them into concentration camps after 9/11 and did I miss it? Aren't there mosques all over the U.S.?

Yes, they do have the right to have their own ideals, but they also must take into consideration the pain and sadness of the 9/11 victims, you can't come and just say "get-over it", Why not build it farther away? Is it that much of an imposition to the New York, Muslim community? Why can't they sympathize with the 9/11 victims? Why does it HAVE to be on Ground Zero? What do the Muslims lose if its not there?

No one is perfect.

I have a brother in the military, a brother in the Navy, my Dad was in the National Guard as was my Uncle, and My grandfather works for NASA.

27. Razgriez

There could be money coming from a foreigner that supports radical Islam that just so happens to be funding this project. He is technically within his rights to do so on American soil regardless of his religious ideals and opinions of our country.

Still. You should stop letting your emotions get in the way and rationally think about it and accept it regardless. As long as its legal I dont see the problem.

Airplane security is usually overly critical towards them but for the sake of "equality" we also check out 80 year old women in wheel chairs just so it doesnt look like we arent discriminating. Hell, all government jobs require a certain amount of ethnic diversity when they hire. You may actually get turned down a position for the government if your white simply because they need so many minorities regardless of your qualifications.

Stop always thinking that discrimination is only in extremes.

Well thanks for their service but that has no relevance to your accomplishments.

28. Evil Ghost Ninja

Where is your proof they every muslim is wife beater?

You people act as if all the worlds evils are exclusive to Islam.

There are many modern Jewish and Christian sects that are misogynistic and yet we know that not every mainstream christian is a is like that.

29. Tleilaxu

Let them build their mosque there, but in exchange we blow up two historical mosques when full of worshipers and then build a monument to American valor and ingenuity... Its basically the same thing that the people who want to build the mosque near the 9/11 site are doing.

30. Elim Rawne

Good lord, what is with the dupe sisters bashing Islam at every thread ? :facepalm