1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

[Pathfinder] Mantle of the Hero

Discussion in 'OOC Lounge' started by WorkingMoogle, Feb 1, 2018.

1. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

Some thoughts since I have some free time at the moment.

The town's pretty crowded at the moment, there's 70 people in it now including the PCs and only 17 total rooms (so more than 4 people a room assuming that the King/etc aren't "special"). The carpenter and some of the miscellaneous villagers will pretty much have to be dedicated to building some new homes to help with the crowding situation. There's currently 3 bakers and 2 brewers with is kinda overkill considering they can't do anything at the moment so at least a few of them might get retrained.

The stonemason's limited by the amount of stone available. There's enough for maybe one moderate sized project or a few small projects. Utility wise a better forge for the smith or an oven for the baker(s) or a kiln for the potters would be one option. A windmill would probably be the other direction (though grain takes a long time to grow so it would be a longer-term investment).

The blacksmiths have almost got basic tools for everyone. Because of the dungeon's "mine" motif the town's swimming in steel, they might end up working on a steel fence for the town as a first line of defense. The alternate option would be to start arming the commoners with actual weapons, though commoners still won't really be effective in a battle.

The other random craftsmen can start making clothes/leather goods/etc, though this won't really contribute to the defense of the town (though it will eventually start to improve the critically low morale, clean clothes and warm blankets will do wonders for those with nothing).

In the "stay within a day's travel" arc there's a village about a day away, might be worth checking out. Otherwise you can explore more and see if anything else interesting shows up.

If you want to risk things you can go further out, the town currently has about 7 days worth of food stored up so if they could whole up and stop going into the dungeon for a few days to focus on defense though it's questionable whether they'd survive a serious engagement without the PCs present even with all four knights available.

Current combat-ready NPCs:
    3x 4th level fighters (knights)
    1x 5th level paladin (Sir Thomas)
    1x 1st level occultist
    1x 1st level ninja
    1x 1st level shifter
    1x 1st level warrior
    1x 3rd level warrior
    1x 2nd level caviler
    (Arn Frederick is a 14th level wizard but without his spell book any spells he cast he cannot recover so his combat participation would be a last resort or very minimal impact)

2. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

Alright anyone want to go to Vinnet? Douglas can stay in town and keep help building the town up while also protecting.

3. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

Vinnet is close enough the whole party can go safely.

(Well, for some definitions of safe, but based on what they've seen so far even if an attack shows up the party should be able to get back before it gets there)

4. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

I'l think about things while I'm out today and will post when I get home. Vinnet would be a good idea however.

5. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

6. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I probably should mention scale. You can move one hex per 5' of movement in your base move.

So a base 30 character can move 6 hexes a day. (40 = 8, 50 = 10, etc). So the village is about a days walk away.

Dense forest (two trees) and probably some other terrains that haven't been encountered yet will halve that movement rate. Potentially worse depending on what the situation is.

7. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

I haven't forgotten about things here. Will post in the IC thread as soon as time allows :)

8. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Will catch up here on Sunday. Been distracted by FFXV and sick. Saturday will be busy but I'll try to spare some time for posting Sunday from cruising around in my stylish car.

9. Vergil Busy procrastinating

10. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Mooglette got me Justice League, watching it now. Jr.Moogle got me "Echo" for Steam (or rather a gift card to get it) haven't had much of a chance to play it yet though.

Mrs. EvilMoogle p=is apparently planning a "hot date night" though it won't be this weekend (her family in town), or next week (visiting her family out of town) or probably not the week after that (Easter).

11. Vergil Busy procrastinating

Kuno and I had a date night a couple of days ago, though there was bunch of errands we had to do during it, but I'll take what I can get. I think the one we had before that was over a year ago. I totally know where you're coming from :p

12. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

Unfortunately these two are...too good for their own safety. Rip

13. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

K, sorry about the delay here. Work has been sucky lately which combined with some minor RL things has generally killed my momentum. I'm still interested if anyone's still here. Should we pick up?

14. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

I'm still up for it, final move happens tomorrow, can still use mobile data until Tuesday when the internet gets put in.

15. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Assuming I don't collapse I'll post in the IC thread when kids are in bed. I'll be out of town for part of the weekend so might be slow then but should be able to get at least a post a day.

16. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

17. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

So are we still interested here? I'm kind of at an impasse of what we can do without moving something along.

18. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

I wish I was completely invested, but I can't honestly say I have the time anymore. :( maybe it was the moving and everything, I'll try to get a post up tomorrow

19. Vergil Busy procrastinating

Yup. As soon as I get that stupid lantern

20. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

22. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Lantern is sitting around in the city, go get it. Shouldn't take any checks or anything. Or go talk to Douglas about it.

Harem would be harder to come up with, you could talk to the single ladies in town, some of them might be looking for comfort/distraction from their situation though I expect most aren't exactly in the romantic mood at the moment. Or the evil option of abuse your position to exploit them :zaru

23. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

Haru would be the most likely culprit for a harem, rather than Banana. :zaru

24. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

How does typing something out live instead of in posts sound?

25. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

Inconvenient. :geg my schedule is so screwed up from day to day, I can't even guarantee a set time to check my email.

26. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

I'll do the end-of-day stuff tomorrow assuming there's no major objections. There's going to be a morale break at this point with Sir Thomas leaving along with an as-yet unknown number of others (I haven't rolled yet).

Unless I forget I'll do exp too since I haven't done that for a while and want to power you guys up more :zaru

I'm fine with a time skip of a few days while training, I'll post the updated town list at that point, you guys can go ahead and tell me who you want to train and we can skip to going to the Elven town (assuming you still want to do that).

If you guys want to do live RP I can try to do that, but I know my schedule is not terribly conductive to that (I can't really at work and my home schedule will vary a lot). I will be out of town this weekend (er, away from computer this weekend) so won't be too active then.

27. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

Level 9 I can get the stance I've been excited for. But the one I get this time isn't something to sneeze at.

-Stance- Gain the benefits of a spell and while the stance is in effect.

28. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

29. Oddjutsu I just figured out how to change my custom title

Sure, I should be up front and give you some background on how weird the world is though. I'll paraphrase what has happened to the PCs so far so that you have an idea as to what you're getting into (the existing PCs all started at the same time so we might have some wiggle room to discuss how you fit in in a bit).

The PCs were summoned to this world from other worlds with literally the clothes on their back. At a creation standpoint it doesn't matter what world you're from (though it will color your perspective of things in this world), so for background you can start from literally anything so long as you can justify showing up with basically nothing.

Initially the PCs had no class and no particular abilities (one "craft" or "profession" skill each). They found they were summoned to this world to act as "heroes" to save a kingdom that has essentially fallen to a group of soldiers apparently crafted out of solid shadows. They're in the ruins of a village where the king and a handful of random survivors have taken shelter.

The initial adventure resulted in them falling into a dungeon below the village and learning first hand about some of the mechanics of the world. First of all for the NPCs "game mechanics" are apparently very real things (though the NPCs use different mechanics than the game itself which meta wise hasn't been elaborated on yet).

Specifically they found that "monsters" are created out of a natural resource "essence" (physically present in "mana stones" which is the only thing left behind when a "monster" is slain, the shadow knights are apparently not monsters by this logic, I'm not sure the details of this are clear to the party though). They also found that they, unlike the natives of this realm, can absorb essence.

In the dungeon they found the spirits of some old adventurers that have persisted as "mantles" that grant temporary power while "worn." There's a list of the ones found to date in the opening posts.

Once escaped from the dungeon they've spent some time training and building up the village defenses. While training they've found that they have unusual aptitudes for quite literally anything they are trying to do allowing them a diverse range of build.

They've also been attacked by the shadows once (resulting in the deaths of 2 of the villagers), visited the nearest village and brought back a gnome that claims to be a god from another world, and recently they've had a morale incident that resulted in one of the knights (a paladin) breaking off along with a fair number of the villagers.

The next plan (unless something happens first) is to visit a neighboring elven kingdom to see if they can arrange aid from the elves.

Still interested?