1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect Pair?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Faceless, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Faceless

Think you've come up with the perfect pair to deal with an Akatsuki member? Post the who and how here! Just a fun little game I came up with to entertain myself, hopefully there'll be a few participants. Now to get the ball rolling, here's my Perfect Pair(tm):

Hidan vs Naruto + Shikamaru = Dead Hidan

How?

1. Hidan performs his ritual thingy on Naruto.

2. Shikamaru shadow-binds Hidan. With a chakra boost from Naruto if it's needed to keep him bound for an extended period (ala Chiyo when she revives Gaara).

3. Naruto - slowly - hacks Hidan's head off with a blunt Kunai.

The key to this method is that Naruto does the head chopping slowly, allowing Kyuubi time to heal the damage returned to him. Naruto's head will not have been cut off due to the constant regeneration, whilst Hidan's will have.

Neat huh?
    Shame it will never happen.
    We need more awesome fights in Naruto... the Genjutsu/Jutsu Copying combo Kakashi used on Zabuza still sends shivers down my spine. Good ones, as opposed to the cringes that inevitably follow the majority of battles since.

Tags:
  2. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico

Naruto obviously gets caught in Hidan's ritual (as if there was any doubt), but since Sasuke has naught but Ice in his veins he proceeds to chop off Hidan's body parts anyway.

However, thanks to Kyuubi no chakra, Naruto regrows his body parts and helps Sasuke dig various holes in order to bury Hidan's parts.
    Then they go make out and talk about bonds and whatnot...

3. CrystalCypher

Kakashi and Sasuke use Sharingan knowledge to see through Ninjutsu/Genjutsu/Taijutsu. Sasuke uses his speed to at least defend against Itachi's Taijutsu. Kakashi defends in the Ninjutsu department. Kakashi and Sasuke defend each other when it comes to Itachi's Genjutsu. Both of them try to avoid eye contact when it comes to Magenkyou and Kakashi uses his Magenkyou incase of an emergency. Also Kakashi uses his experience to fight Itachi. Sasuke uses his CS2 when needed. They both use their similarities and use teamwork.

4. Spy_Smasher

My favorite combo against almost anyone is Jiraiaya and Kakashi. Jiraiya's toad/underworld line of trapping jutsus and Kakashi's MS jutsu. Tie 'em up, then teleport them away.

5. Hagen

Orochimaru + Kazekage Gaara
    They could crush just anyone in Narutoverse.

Konoha's best pair: Kakashi + Sai
    Sai can fly, if he takes Kakashi with him they could take down of many enemies using the MS. However, they could have trouble against long rangeds like Deidara or Kisame.

6. Splintered

Hidan= Gaara. Kind of hard to hurt someone when they have an automatic defense and therefore doesn't bleed. :/ And even if he is immortal, how would he like to spend the rest of his life, buried under miles of Earth/Sand?

7. Mat?icha

oro + jiraiya, lol. no one can stand in their way. :jk

i would say shika + any high level jounin/or anyone higher than that would take on almost everyone

8. Doc. Q

This brings up an interesting point, would the sand protect Hiden to stop the damage to Gaara?

What happens with the sand when Gaara has a toothache, or a headache?

9. King_Rollo

If you could bring up dead people, then Yondaime and Gaara would probably be the ultimate pairing. If he still had the Shukaku, of course.

10. Rickah

I would say that Shikamaru is the ultimate partner for any elite jounin in a 2on1 fight. Shika's shadowbind is just pure ownage in most situations.

I would like to see Gai+drunken Lee going allout against someone though. You wouldn't have the time to even start thinking of doing a jutsu before your roundhouse kicked twice :p

11. bobo

Do I need to explain?

12. Snickers

kyuubi and tenten = dead hidan.

jiraiya and orochimaru =dead hidan.

13. Naruko Supporting Staff

Gai and Kakashi would be an awesomely well balanced team. I think part of the reason Gai chose Kakashi as his rival is 1) Kakashi is one of the best of the best, no reason to test yourself against anything else and 2) Kakashi is strong in arena's Gai isn't so it forces Gai to raise his game to a new level and develop new tricks (i.e. someone scared of Itachi? Talk to Gai, he seems to have spent motherloads of time thinking of ways to fight sharingan users). And this isn't calling Kakashi weak either, since we have been told his taijutsu > Rock Lee's. Sharingan, summons, genjutsu, taijutsu, gates, brains, brawn...they're just an awesome pair.

14. eight tails demon

Anybody falls to these two powerhouses. Gaara covers long and mid while naruto covers short and mid. They got all the bases covered.

Gai+Kakashi

Same as above

Jiraiya alone

He needs to prove his worth after all those fights where he just looks kind of like comic relief

Shikamaru+Neji

Tenketsu plus kagemane?

15. Zer0_UchiHa

dude u put a lot of thought into this, i can see what u mean, but naruto and shik would not be that great of a pair, and what u said to kill hidan, nah i cant see it working like that, lol if it did it would put hidans jutsu to the scrap yard.

i think the best team up would be itachi and jiraiya, whatever reason itachi had to be fearul of jiraiya may be what makes jiraiya the perfect partner for him.

the other good match would be neji and sasuke, byakugan and sharingan side by side would be tooooo awesome :D

16. Jeffrey199

I vote for Naruto and Rock Lee. Mean while the song hit me with your best shot needs to be playing. No matter what you do to these two, how hard you try and how much better you are than them they'll keep getting back up. Even Akatsuki are gonna have to just say "Screw this you guys don't know when to quit" and proceed to walk away. Its the ultimate hot blooded all guts team!

17. Faceless

There's some nice pairs in here, but most haven't said who they're perfect against and why/how. The idea was that you come up with an unconventional pair whose abilities are such that they can defeat an opponent that apart they are unsuited to defeat. 2 powerhouses are fine, but saying they > everything without any detailed reasoning kinda takes the fun out of it imo.

Regardless, keep them coming.

Actually I spent hardly any time, but I'll defend my hypothesis anyway.
    Here goes:
    I doubt many people have Naruto's regenerative capabilities, making 1 on 1 against Hidan virtually impossible, and without Shikamaru's binding abilities I'm not sure many ninja would be able to hack off an Akatsuki member's head that easily... So really this doesn't take Hidan's jutsu to the scrap yard.

18. SunnyxShine

19. MrBluesummers

I'd rather see Kakashi and Yamato Vs. Hidan and Kakuzu. Hidan's sass talk towards Kakashi. Oh, what fun.

20. dummy plug

hmmm..shika cn outsmart hidan, but can they really kill hidan? dats still open for debate man...naruto is still clumsy althou stronger...lets see wat others think about dis...

21. Naruto_Rasengan

If anyone is going to take out Hidan i think it should be Asuma and Shikamaru. Even though they are struggling at this point to keep up with Hidan i think they will come out on top, the deciding factor in all of this is Kakuzu. The fight will be won or lost depending on his actions, IMO.

My own personal team to take on Hidan and Kakuzu would have to be Naruto and Kakashi. Why? Because Kakashi is just as smart as Shikamaru and far stronger and with Naruto (Post training) there it would be a good fight between the two pairs.

22. nwoppertje

I'd actually go for Orochimaru/Jiraya and Gaara ('cause I can't pick).
    Gaara for defense and long range.
    Oro or Jiraya for the summons and badass jutsu's.

23. geminis

Not bad, not bad at all. Sounds plausible.

As for my team I would like to see Naruto + Sasuke versus any akatsuki head on.

Naruto can confuse hidan with taiyuu kage bunshin hiding his real body to avoid spilling any blood while Sasuke finds a weakness in Hidan's Jutsu via Sharingan. If Sasuke knows a good genjutsu then that would be a good time to use it.

24. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

Kakashi and Naruto...They did pretty good against a 30% Itachi clone, a little more work and they could be invincible.

25. Tsunade

Tsunade's breasts?

26. Morcano

Itachi and Jiraiya. That'd be one scary team to fight.

27. SuperTyphoon

28. Leanne

That would be so awesome. Sasuke with the final strike of course. :amuse