1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Game Persona 5 Mafia

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by Dr. White, Jan 7, 2019.

1. poutanko

Which one you find to be scummy? Give the explanation for each.
    I see, you don't want to give us more lead to find your other "buddies".
    If you're Town you would have given us things that would be helpful to catch scum but you chose not to.

Oh yea, you never claimed nor said even just a bit if you're Town in any of your posts :kannasip

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. D.Va .

Flag:
    United States
    Pou I think you misunderstood me I meant people dying in your wagon as a red herring as it was probably a coincidence , and will be used agaisnt you.

3. D.Va .

Flag:
    United States
    [Vote Lynch DDL]

4. Ishmael You'll fail just as those before you have.

Take note of all those who vote and don't really have much besides doing just that.

5. D.Va .

Flag:
    United States
    Interesting comment. Pou has been really compelling with the arguments set forth. I don't think people just voting should raise any alarms as they may have just been won over by the well analyzed posts.

6. poutanko

What about the other part of your posts? You went back and forth saying I could be town being incriminated yet you kept saying I might be scum doing this and that. Neither here nor there with that post.

7. Ishmael You'll fail just as those before you have.

Don't know if others are fine with it but I'm not and it's hard to not notice how easy votes stack in this game. I'm not saying we all disagree and debate who should be voted but it's not sitting right with how easy people are siding with wagons. Not providing counter wagons or thoughts just voting and leaving meaningless post.

Also is killthetheory still in this game?

8. Ishmael You'll fail just as those before you have.

Did that post hit home or did you just decide to quote me?

9. Lord Genome Spiral King

[Vote Lynch ddl]

10. Ishmael You'll fail just as those before you have.

Killthetheory is scum more than lilely, his play this game is severely off from what I'm use to seeing and he just like others seems detached from this game. His post give a feel of wanting to play but not wanting to help solve this game at all.

He's been consistent on his DDL push though, so if DDL does flip scum I definitely can see kill as being just a uninterested townie.

11. poutanko

What do you think of DDL? :kannasip

12. D.Va .

Flag:
    United States
    The other part of my post is due to not playing much so not knowing what you're like in these games. I can't in good conciousness ignore something that may be true like you scapegoating a inactive team mate. Even though I don't think that would be case here I have to keep that possibility in mind, and have some kind of skepticism.

Also I don't want to be dragged down if my assessment of you not being scum is incorrect. I'm working on developing reads and stuff by trying to take a more active part in these games, but my reads should be taken with a grain of salt for now.

13. Dragon D. Luffy Lord of Calamity

[vote lynch DDL]

14. Cooler Well-Known Member

The Okosan one is a good counter wagon imo. I feel better about that compared to the pou stuff yesterday.

Prefer to lynch DDL though for the reasons I've stated and also because the guy is refusing to give reads and barely defending his play...

15. D.Va .

Flag:
    United States
    Just decided to quote you too see why you felt the way you did about the votes. But you've explained already.

16. Ishmael You'll fail just as those before you have.

As I said I still have to see the buzz around that big post of yours but I'm iffy on DDL. It's bad but when posters just come back I do tend to lay off because in my mind rust is there and I can't see host assigning them to mafia teams. But it was brought up that he still actively plays mafia so yeah he could very well be scum. DDL overall is weird and his pushes seems awkward along with his post. Looking back now I can see that scuffle with him and Melodie being a distance tactic between the two.and not really genuine disagreement.

50/50 can't say I remember much of DDL but from.what I do his town play seemed better than what we're getting.

A nice info lynch as it would give us a nice feel of posters and a chance to look at his past interactions.

17. Melodie

"I find it scummy she kept her vote on mafia (albeit joke vote) instead of switching off it.

U on some drugs birdo

18. Ishmael You'll fail just as those before you have.

Exactly DDL seems frustrated as well honestly and I don't feel it's because of the whole him being lynched early angle he's pushing.

19. Melodie

>Actually doing the exaggeration comparison I presented d1 about giving up

Yikes

20. Dragon D. Luffy Lord of Calamity

So when did we descend into a "give reads" circlejerk?

I'm all for seeng this site getting more serious at mafia'ing but this is not the way to go about it.

People are not robots that produce solid reads on demand. Just like counting how many reads each person is willing to give is not a reliable way of finding mafia.

This is just a lazy excuse for town play. You center your whole hunting on demanding activity from other people so you don't actually have to read their intentions and tone.

21. Dragon D. Luffy Lord of Calamity

Ishmael is town because he's actually trying to read my tone.

22. poutanko

If not from reads, how are we going to decide who's who or how to understand other player better? Asking for reads =/= asking for claim. It's not the same with asking someone to say their alignment for LD purpose either.

Giving reads - helping to understand people's train of thought. How is this a lazy town play?

23. Cooler Well-Known Member

See I feel this is inconsistent, before you were saying you prefer to go with logic rather than meta reads - now you're saying I should be paying more attention to tone.

Who said anything about counting reads? Who you suspect and don't suspect can help us catch scum down the line or you may have a view on a person that hadn't occurred to anyone else. IMO it's about discussion more than anything else.

24. Dragon D. Luffy Lord of Calamity

Because you are reducing what is usually extremely difficult to understand human behavior into something simple. Which is the quickest recipe for mislynching people.

And you are demanding something that is on one hand very easy to mafiosos to fake, and on the other hand, hard for honest people to produce in great numbers. Name me a town player who can call the alignments of everyone early and I'll point you a newbie. Scumhunting is ridiculously hard, it's far from an exact science, and that is the reason mafia games can be balanced. Because even veteran players can have a hard time raising their chance of success a little above the randomness mark.

I don't have a list of reads on everyone. I have what I've said so far, which are a bunch of obversations on others' posts, which are far from being enough to determine who is town and who is mafia. When I have a list of alignments of everyone I feel confident in, or when anyone has, you can call the game over.

25. Okosan A Bird from the Future

COOOO! (Honestly it's only a little that (Okosan just finds it weird that you had other reads yet you kept your "joke vote" up instead). It's more the late vote switch that didn't go through. Because that would have saved Babby.)

26. Dragon D. Luffy Lord of Calamity

Reading tone is one way of being logical.

And I didn't say anything about meta reads.

What I meant is that I'd rather just comment on what I'm observing and slowly try to crack the game, than read people directly like some kind of Sherlock Holmes. I suck at reading people directly. Towns have lost games because they allowed me to lead them and choose who to lynch. I am an intelligent person, but I work better at a more supportive role.

27. Dragon D. Luffy Lord of Calamity

Buinny, you are taking the laziest approach to playing. You are just sitting on your throne, screaming at the people below while demanding reads from them, and flaming them when they don't give it to you. It probably makes you feel really good about it, but it's not skilled play, and only makes the game less pleasant to be in.

28. Luck Magic Pudding

Brazil
    Yeah that's y I told people to vig her last dsyphase and immediately voted her this dsyphase.

Sorry but ur post doesn't match up to reality since at worst, I only brought up the possibility, while maintaining my suspicion on pou above all.
    Yeah, and as I said in the post, it looked like he could be on his scum meta. Everything prior to seemed like typical babby play
    I'm not sure wut ur asking me here. Like do want me to write how would scum would act if both wagons were on their team mates?

I'll give u this tho, the babby one seems like a meme wagon started by town and scum, as the game progresses more caught on to babby's wagon. Pou wagon was form

29. Luck Magic Pudding

Brazil
    *Town

30. D.Va .

Flag:
    United States
    [Vote No Lynch]

Okay DDL