1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Personality: Naruto=Orochimaru

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Narutogenius, May 29, 2007.

1. Narutogenius Member

I know some will say that Naruto is more like Jiraiya, but let's look at the serious parallels here.

Both goofy?

Yep, Naruto and Orochimaru are goofy mofo's. They have a knack for being funny even when trying to be serious.

Both obsessed with Sasuke?

Oh yea. No doubt about this one. One wants the Sharingan and the other wants his bud back.

Both rely on forbidden jutsu.

Mass Kage Bunshin and Oro's wealth of soul stealing jutsu.

Both dreamed/dream of being Hokage.

Yep. Once again they are identical.

Both have weird, screwed up eyes.

Yep.

Both have dumb outfits.

Yep. Only Naruto's is even dumber.

Finally the most obvious reason... they are the same personality.

Both will never give up until they accomplish their goal. They are both maniacs once they get an idea in their head and stubborn as hell to the point of seeming stupid.

Tags:
  2. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

yeaaahhhnooooo. Or at the very least i don't see it, After naruto learned his kagebunshin method i orginally thought that would have been perfect for orochimaru.

3. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

A couch can look like a computer if you squint hard enough.

4. Kuroro Skill Hunter

You might also want to bring up the conversion factor. Both Naruto and Orochimaru have the "inspiration" thing going on.

5. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠ Nibbles on Nipples

You missed the part that Oro is evil and Naruto is good.....

6. mootz GB's Salamander

lol naruto and oro should become bffs (best friends forever yay)

interesting points, they all work but we all really know how very different they are from each other. i miss oro. at least he is in his favorite place, inside sasuke.

7. Kuroro Skill Hunter

Both Oro and Naruto are pure on this matter, another trait that two have in common.

8. ~ Son of SPARDA ~ Active Member

This is where I stopped reading because absolutely NOTHING about Oro screams or so much as even slightly whispers "goofy."

9. mortsleam Night D. Mare

10. Narutogenius Member

BS. Oro is definitely "goofy." And by goofy I mean: funny, comical, etc. Even on his deathbed when Sasuke attacks him there is something slightly humorous about his response. Their emotions don't fit the situations basically. Like Oro always calling Sarutobi "old geezer" and mocking him, while Naruto calls Jiraiya the "pervy sage." They are like two spoiled, head strong kids basically.

11. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠ Nibbles on Nipples

Naruto cannot be pure good with the Kyuubi taking up residence in all his special places and his subconscious:notrust

12. mortsleam Night D. Mare

The difference in personality is big though, for Orochimaru, its revenge on Konoha and becoming the biggest badass villain ever.

For Naruto, he is on Konoha he would never betray his village unlike Orochimaru. He puts the village's life before himself. Besides Orochimaru, who attacks his old village, i can't see Naruto end up like Oro, ever.

13. Larisha Otogakure's village idiot

Show me one place in the manga (not counting anime filler shit) where Orochimaru was being goofy. Irony doesn't count.

How are Naruto's eyes screwed up? They look blue and have normal pupils to me.

Also, on the personality point, there's one huge difference:
    Naruto cares about people. Orochimaru doesn't (appear) to care at all.

Naruto would sacrifice himself for his friends. Orochimaru would (likely)sacrifice his subordinates for himself.

Naruto wants to become Hokage for benevolent reasons. Orochimaru wanted to become Hokage for malevolent reasons.

See the difference? Naruto is kind, forgiving, empathetic. Orochimaru is spiteful, holds grudges to the death, and is about an empathetic as a rock.

14. Jin-E Well-Known Member

15. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Oh, you didn't use the one point that I actually saw them as having a similiarity in. They are both stubborn as hell, no matter what anyone says, no matter how many times they fail, they will keep trying to get what they want.

16. Larisha Otogakure's village idiot

To a point. Orochimaru's point of stopping is non-existant, but Naruto will not sacrifice his friends/people he cares about to get his goal.

17. Gaara from the Desert Professor of Gaara Studies

Both wanted to become Hokage? If I'm not mistaken, during the Sannin fight, Orochimaru said, "Hokage is a shit!"

18. Larisha Otogakure's village idiot

Orochimaru WANTED to become hokage. It sorta got wiped off his ambitions list after Sarutobi turned him down.

*feels like she's on the wrong side*

19. Kuroro Skill Hunter

You do realize that the Kyuubi and Naruto are two separate personalities? Naruto is "100% pure goodness", yet his light befalls the giant shadow known as "Kyuubi". We're comparing Naruto to Orochimaru, not the demon known as Kyuubi to Orochimaru. Wait...both people can cause great calamity under the right circumstances, there's another trait the two have in common.

20. Crimson2Phoenix7 Banned

Oh god. If i had a penny for every failure thread you make i would be a billionare right now.

21. PradaBrada Banned

You have a point about them both wanting to be Hokage.

23. Noble Avenger Champs Bitch

which is impressive, considering he only have 60 something posts! :amuse

24. Lahickson blades of truth

another point being left out is how they are both jutsu obsessed. oro wants to know all jutsus, naruto was always bugging jaraiya to teach him more jutsu. both are concidered monsters. both are dual beings, meaning naruto has kyuubi in him as oro is inside anothers body. both are flashy and use one jutsu comboed with others. naruto kb, oro snakes. both would wipe out with out remorse anything that stands in the way of what they hold dear. naruto his friends and oro his goal (jutsus and parents). both seem to create forbbiden jutsu.

25. Larisha Otogakure's village idiot

Orochimaru wants to know all the jutsu in the world because he simply has to know everything about everything, and that it may help him become immortal.

Naruto wants to know jutsu (at the point in time you're talking about) to out-show Sasuke and to be strong against the Akatsuki. Or, in Shippuden, to try and bring Sasuke back.

They have the same result, but their motives are different, so their personalities aren't the same.

26. Xyfar Member

Yeaaaah, Itachi kinda = Choiji... I mean... both of them have... the color red on their uniforms... and.. they both... eat... food...

and...

YOURE AN IDIOT

27. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Hm, I kind of disagree with this because the only one Orochimaru currently seems cares about is himself. But that aside, it appears that he spared Jiraiya not once, but twice. First time being in the forest flashback when Jiraiya was clearly the one who was more warn out/damaged, if he won he would have dragged Orochimaru back. Second the Sannin fight where Orochimaru has his teeth against Jiraiya's neck, instead of simply biting down, he gives Jiraiya the option of giving up. So, it is my dillusional belief that Orochimaru isn't as dismissive of people he may have considered a friend at one point.

Yes, Orochimaru did kill Sarutobi, but when the man choose Yondaime over him I think Orochimaru must have severed whatever ties he had towards the man because he viewed that as a betrayal.