1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Personally I think Naruto's missions were suicidal......

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Jaguar2G, May 29, 2007.

1. Jaguar2G

ok, 1st off I know they had to make the comic/cartoon entertaining.....

2nd , I know the show is called NARUTO and not Neji, Roc Lee

But when you step back and look at Naruto's missions as a child, if it were not for his mutant healing factor and the Chakra from the 9 tails.........any of the other "kids" would have died had it been anyone other than Naruto taking the abuse he took.

lol Some other the other kids like Neji would have eluded alot of the damage that Naruto took over those missions. Did they higher up's have a death wish for Naruto? Maybe not but it seems that he came close to death way too many times than any child should have.

Remember the episode when they were trying to chase/save sauske? Well neji and crew each damn near died from their 1 on 1 battles (even Gara). But Damn near dien is the Norm for Naruto it seems.

So im wonderin, did the other "kids" have easier missions on an average?

Cause it seems that those early missions should have been saved for someone on a skill level that he is now that he is older, not back then as a kid.

Just an observation........

Tags:
  2. Na-

Not good enough. He went all out with his life at stake for the battle vs Sasuke. Naruto chooses his battles, and he just wont give up.
    Still, Referring to one battle isnt gonna cut it when you're comming with this argument.

3. SENTINEL

4. Hyperactivity

The episode where htye chase sasuke was shikamarus first mission as leader and even he said that he should have gotten more information on the sound ninjas techniques before attacking, but it is a bit unrealistic 5 genin vs 4 sound ninjas with oro's seal, not including Sasuke and Kimimaro. They also had reinforcements from the sand and a medical team not that far behind as well.

All of the other missions that cause naruto to get into a life and death situation was either because they werent informed by the mission giver about certain implications of the mission or it was a filler.

I wouldnt think the other teams would have the same problems as Naruto because he gets too involved and tries to help everyone where as in one of the FILLERS Neji says they should leave them because it isnt their mission and Naruto forces them to do something.

5. Catterix

That ONE fight was actually an A class mission, Naruto wasn't supposed to be on it.

And anyway, haven't you noticed that the world of Naruto doesn't mind if their kids die? It doesn't matter to them. Think about the Chuunin exam, we're meant to presume that Shino killed those Ninjas who were going to steal their scroll with those leeches he summoned. And they don't mind that many people may die in the forest. No rules apply.

So really, you're 235 eps behind :p

6. neo-dragon

Well, Naruto's first dangerous mission was to the wave country, and it was given under false pretenses. It was supposed to be a fairly safe and easy C-ranked mission, but the bridge builder guy didn't tell them all the facts. His next dangerous mission was following after Gaara when the Konoha invasion began. He got that misson because no one else was available at the moment and it was a desperate situation. Finally, he and the other genin were sent on the Sasuke rescue mission because Konoha was still short-handed due to the loses they suffered in the invasion. Therefore, genin had to take on some missions that would normally be done by chuunin. In part 2, even though Naruto is still a genin, Tsunade and everyone else knows that he's at least chuunin level in terms of ability, so he's not going to be sent on typical genin missions of returning lost cats and stuff. So he's really only been on a few especially dangerous missions, and they were all under special circumstances.

Oh, all the other missions (i. after Sasuke left) were filler, of course. But if you want to count those, again, that's because Konoha was short on chuunin and jounin.

7. Jaguar2G

lmaoo I never said 1 fight......you miss read me I guess. I said that Naruto has had many near death fights as a child that he shouldnt have gotten as missions back then.

The fight I refered to was only to show that the other "kids" only had a tough battle like that (to Naruto's standards) very few times in comparrioson to Naruto.

Again.......I say.......How many battles (in comparrison) does Naruto almost die.......as compared to the other "kids" missions

Seems very lopsided to me, is all im saying. For a kid that is.

8. Katon-nin

They're frikkin' ninja's! What do you expect? :wink

9. Catterix

We're not just talking about battles, that isn't your point, we're talking about Missions.

All of Naruto's first missions were really mundane things, like collecting lost cats, walking dogs and picking out weeds. He was given a C mission which was to walk with Mr Tazuna and protect him from robbers. As it turns out, this mission should have been an A class mission and was given under false pretenses.

Then, after more mundane tasks, he went on the Chuunin exam which is extremely suicidal, but everyone went on that was well.

Then his next mission that was know of was to chase after Sasuke, but Shika, Chouji, Neji and Kiba went with them. They were only given this mission as there were few Jounins an Chuunins left from after the Invasion. Tsunade also didn't know it was going to be so dangerous, but having seen Naruto fight, she figured both he, and everyone else, could cope with it.

Only one actual mission is more dangerous than any other, and Naruto wasn't supposed to be on it.

However, Naruto has been in many more life-death battles than the others, as far as we know. The fight list of life-threatening battles involving;
    -The mist brothers
    -Zabuza
    -Haku
    -Gaara
    -Itachi/Kisame
    -Kabuto
    -Orochimaru

But the final four/5 people were not parts of missions. They were battles that Naruto was either thrown into, or decided to take part in. He's the Kyuubi, he's always going to have battles revolving around him. So in that respect, he faces more deadly battles than the other Genin.

But the point isn't about battles, its about missions. And there, you're wrong. I don't see what's so suicidal about picking weeds :p "Oh noes, I bleed from thar thornz!"

PS. And anyway, of course his missions are meant to be slightly more dangerous, its what makes the story interesting.

Laughing My Ass Off Off? :huh

10. Protege

Haha I know what your saying, but it also got me thinking..

Do you guys remember the episode where sand invaded Konoha, and when you watch the fight, you see like regular chuunens (I'm presuming), get Pwned by a single kunai..

And Naruto takes a whole bunch before falling =p..

So all the kids must be strong mofos..

Cursed Plot No Jutu..

11. Na-

Sometimes, When I find myself trying to argue with someone who doesnt even WANT to comprehend the topic he himself started, I'll just do this

UGGABUGGABUGGABUGGA! And leave him to realize his own mistake by making this thread.

12. Na-

Ahahaha the forum bugged, I got like 7 post straight :eek:
    Okay, Was just a temp bug. But edit for doublepost nonetheless.

13. Catterix

Thanks Na- :amuse

14. tommy198

Well said Catterrix. The missions they're supposed to go to have never been an A or B rank missions so shouldn't be difficult. In the Zabuza arc the guy lied about the mission while in the Rescuse Sasuke arc know one realized just how strong the sound four were and the village was at war so there were only gennins who could go after Sasuke.

15. neo-dragon

Pretty much every tv series that involves battles has grunt characters who are defeated really easily compared to the main characters, even when it doesn't make sense. It's just a law of tv.