1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Pilot Ranks in GSD?

Discussion in 'Gundam' started by White Reflection, Nov 9, 2005.

1. White Reflection

When I am doing the comparison, I have already binded the pilot to their final designated MS. For example: Kira-Strike freedom, Shinn-Destiny, Neo-Akasuki etc..

1. Kira Yamato. Someone with name Yamato (if you know what it means) has to be the best and most godly. And his gundam name sounds so right----freedom. Characters given name Yamato and piloting something name Freedom got to be awesome and dominating. No further discussion needed.

2. Athrun Zala. People might question that Athrun Zala is as powerful as Kira. One evidence suggest Kira is stronger is that Kira is capable of doing 20 headshots at meantime without killing a single pilot, Athrun cant. Further more, Athrun doesnt have a name like "Yamato".

3. Rey. Rey can dodge Freedom's dragoon while Shinn can not. In fact Shinn can barely touch Freedom. Rey has better aim and manuver over Shinn without a doubt. Also at episode 7 Talia was talking to herself: Now I know why Impluse was assigned to Shinn but not Rey. Therefore we can see Rey has better piloting skill.

4. Shinn Asuka. Shinn is really not a very good pilot. His lack of experience and constantly facing incompetent opponents all contributed to his false confidence. He never fought anyone decent in conventional sword fight until he faced Athrun in seed mode in 43 (The fight between Impluse and Freedom can only demonstrate Shinn had a better strategy). Most of time he spent his time chopping up hepless ships, clumsy mobile armor and recruit pilots which award him little exp... :) He doesnt know how to fight a good a pilot. On top of that, Destiny is not designed for MS combot either.. (come on, no beam saber?) However, Seed mode should allow him to override most human pilots.

5. Neo. Former Ace in EAF, archenemy of the mask dude from GS. He never demonstrate any melee skills, so I think if Akasuki faces Destiny, Shinn should have a chance with Seed mode.

6. Two traitors from Plant. Izac and whatever... They are elite pilots without a doubt, but Zakus are not going to get them anywhere near the scores achieved by Kira or Shinn.

7. Luna. She is doing allright against Stellar with a Zaku. Although Stellar is not amazingly skilled, her Gaia should have huge advantage over gunner Zaku. In the end she got to pilot Impluse, which improves her power to the next level.

8. Did I miss anyone? I think the three druggies come to last. They lack potential and were just left out in the series.

Tags:
  2. Mindless

1. Kira Yamato. We all know why be is number one, so I don't even need to explain. He is simply above and beyond when it comes to everything about piloting a mobile suit.

2. Athrun Zala. The given number two on the list. He does not have the same abilities as Kira, but he cirtainly is an amazing pilot when he uses 100% of his potential.

3. Shinn Asuka. Well, he's not as good as Athrun and Kira but he is far better than the rest of the cast. Taking down Kira and Freedom is one amazing feat he managed to pull off in his Impulse (eventhough Kira didn't go all out on him).

4. Mwu la Fllaga. Not as good as the above three, but again, better than the others in the cast. You could probably put him on par with Rey, but since Mwu has had far longer experience in piloting mobile suits, he claims the number four spot.

5. Rey za Burrel. Again, not as good as the pilots above, but a very good pilot nevertheless. He shows already in the beginning that he is a very capabel pilot, but when he gets Legend, he is fully able to shine, eventhough he met a sad end with Legend.

6. Cagalli Yula Attha. Overall a very capabel pilot when she puts her thought to it. When she first went out in Akatsuki, she showed everyone. However, I can't blame her for getting overpowered by Shinn in Destiny. I put her above Lunamaria simply because she does not have SEED.

7. Lunamaria Hawke. Overall a good pilot, however, she does not have 'it' when it comes to beeing a mobile suit pilot.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  3. O-ushi

Based On there Personal Mobile Suit/Skill
    Kira Yamato - Strike Freedom Gundam
    Athrun Zala - ∞ Justice Gundam
    Neo Lorrnoke (aka Mu La Flaga) - Akatsuki
    Rey Za Burrel - Legend Gundam
    Shinn Asuka - Destiny Gundam
    Andrew Waltfield - Gaia Gundam
    Cagalli Yula Athha - Akatsuki
    Lunamaria Hawke - Impulse
    Stellar - Destroy Gundam
    Heine Westenfluss&Yzak Joule - Gouf Ignited
    Dearka Elsthman - Blaze Zaku Phantom
    Auel Nieder - Abyss Gundam
    Sting Oakly - Chaos Gundam

Based on Skill - I tried to make this list with the assumption that they are all piloting the same mobile suit.
    Kira Yamato
    Athrun Zala
    Neo Lorrnoke (aka Mu La Flaga)
    Rey Za Burrel
    Andrew Waltfield
    Yzak Joule
    Heine Westenfluss
    Dearka Elsthman
    Shinn Asuka
    Cagalli Yula Athha
    Lunamaria Hawke
    Auel Nieder
    Sting Oakly
    Stellar Loussier

I gotta say, making these kinds of lists is very tough.:blink There's too many things you have to take in to consideration:amuse

4. BattousaiMS

1. Kira Yamato: The most power in terms of special abilties and the strongest gundam by far.

2. Athrun Zala: Second most powerful in close range combat, he is only surpassed by Kira in that department. He's suit also allows him be a pretty darn dodger even though he doesn't have newtype powers.

3. Rey Za Burrel: Best funnel user after Kira along with Neo. He is a ace pilot who can own pretty much anyone apart the top two. However, what he edges over Neo is his accracy.

4. Neo Lorrnoke (aka Mu La Flaga): Has the most experience and best funnel users after Kira along with Rey. However, unlike Rey, he lacks in accuracy aiming, on a normal run to gun fight.

5. Yzak Joule: Best ace of ZAFT left from the last war. This guy is a great pilot who can handle most opponants with his current standard suit apart the top 4.

6. Shinn Asuka:A medicore coordinator who gets his ass saved by his powerful suit (compared to the standard ones) and his ability to go to SEED mode.

7. Andrew Waltfield/Dearka Elsthman: Old vets who can hang on the big boys but are better against large amount of standard ennemy MS.

8. Lunamaria Hawke/Cagalli Yula Athha/Heine Westenfluss/Stellar Loussier: Pretty much just above regular toops more due their MS then their actual powers.

9. Auel Nieder/Sting Oakly: Just a little under the last group again better due to their MS then actual abilities.

5. DeathGuise_of_Oblivion

1. Kira Yamato:Strike-Freedom - There is no doubt that SF brought out the best capabilities of Legend and Destiny, using a shield that probably has the power of both of them, and is armed with incredibly decent DRAGOONS. Kira himself has been biologicly advanced from his creation, via his father was an evil genius who NEEDED to build the ultimate coordinator, and was given the chance to be THE greatest pilot ever. The only flaw is his hesitation to kill, which he apparently through away when he faced Gilbert("I'm prepared for it." one of the best friggin lines ever). Let a bloodthirsty killer Kira come forth!

2. Shinn Asuka:Impulse- A Gundam that if prepared right, can defeat almost any enemy(BEAT FREEDOM PUNKS! BEAT FRIGGIN FREEDOM). And with a creative mind as Shinn's it shone through, slaughtering everything. Even with enemies like the Freedom and others, he was able to prepare for such a battle where a weaken'd Kira would be suceptable to a full on assault(Kira's own fault for not putting in his all. In war, you give it your all, or else you die[seems not to be the same for the Ultimate Coorodinator] and wqs successful).

3. Athrun Zala:Infinate-Justice - An ACE through and through, on a fair playing field, he would have little or no equal through his Gundam's supior backpack system, and beam equipment. It was built to be supior in close combat by evading close range enemy attacks, be it beam or heat, and was a top notch ghundam through and through. But using simlar methods as Shinn did with Freedom, it could be put down by the Impulse, given it was able to be equipped with the right strategy and equipment. Thus it was unfortunatly pushed down to 3.

4. Neo:Akatsuki- Another ACE proven to use a MS in the beggining, but upgraded himself further with this suit which couldn't be brought to its full potential by its previous pilot. And with the right backpack could destroy enemie back and forth and deflect a major positron cannon.

5. Ray Za Burrel:Legend- A clone of one of the most deviously minded and evil villians ever to be seen in the GS/D series. Like the one he succeeded, he was shown to be a formitable enemy in the proper Gundam. Unfortunatly, his weaponry would be unsuitable for fighting the Akatsuki with Neo as its pilot, considering its weaponry consits of all beam weapons.

Well, Kira and Freedom would be after this. If variations were to be used, Impulse would've been way cooler ,and way more powerful, twoards the end of the series, MAHQ has them and they are friggin awsome.

6. me_is_david

I'm not going to explain my ranking b/c im tired so here:

Kira Yamato
    Athrun Zala
    Shinn Asuka
    Rey Za Burrel
    Neo Lorrnoke
    Yzak Jule
    Heine Westenfluss
    Andrew Waltfeld
    Sting Oakley
    Dearka Elsman
    Lunamaria Hawke
    Auel Neider
    Stellar Loussier
    Cagalli Yula Athha

Although I don't like to say it Athrun is better than Shinn but IMO, Shinn is good enough to be number 2, but is 3 since Infinite Justice is superior to Destiny.
    Yes I rank Cagali last, b/c frankly she isn't that great. She's not a pilot but I guess she should be up here since she has SEED but even with it, she isn't that great.

But anyway, like O-ushi there are too many factors to decide on these rankings.

7. ssouske

1. obviously: Kira Yammato
    2. this one is also obvious: Athrun Zala
    3. 2 people share this spot for me: Shinn Asuka, Yzak Joule
    4. 3 people are tied in this one: Rey Za Burrel, Neo Lornoke/Mwu La Fragga, Dearka Elthman
    5. 3 people again: Stellar Louissier, Lunamaria Hawke, Andrew Waldfelt
    6. a lot of people: Dom Trooper pilots, Auel Neider, Hein Westenfluss
    7. Cagalli Yula Atha (why? because she had the guts to take on shinn using a relatively inferior mobile suit plus she took out a lot of grunts considering that she ain't no real soldier but a princess/royal blood with battle experience...)
    8. Sting Oakley because he got pwned by 3 murasame pilots... even if they were orb's finest, sting just got pwned by orb's finest grunts... XD

8. White Reflection

It's intriguing to see most people rate Shinn above Rey.
    I am a big fan of Shinn myself, but I had to admit that Rey is a better pilot. I mean obviously he had better aim, he laid quite a few hits on SF while Shinn was flying around shooting at air.
    When Kira launched Dragoon from SF in the final episode, Shinn dodged like 4 of them and blocked the fifth shot. However he made a big mistake there, it seems that the beam shield can only block beams and positron cannon, Kira took advantage of the open and broke Destiny's beam shield with some conventional shot I think.
    And Kira did the same thing to Rey, Rey dodged all with his new type.
    I agree that Shinn might have more potential than Rey can possibly live up with Kira if he is given more practice. But to the very last moment of the show, he knows nothing except chopping up ships/MA with big ass swords.

9. DeathGuise_of_Oblivion

Wow, your really forgetting how Ray was passed up for Shinn to pilot the Impulse under Gilbert's direct orders. Why, bcause Rey is a clone and has a limited life span, and Rey can't break the SEED barrier due to his health status. And to add to that, his strengths are limited to Mobile Suits using unprogrammed DRAGOONS because of his NewType abilities. But he's still not as strong as Shinn, who with the Impulse took out an entire EAF Fleet after first activating SEED. Not only that but he took out more Destroy Gundam/MA's than Rey could in Legend. He may be suited better for combat with the SF but thats only because Destiny was not armed to face such an opponent that could use a programmed DRAGOON system along with several Beam weapons.

10. Mindless

Well, first of all, I believe Shinn was put in Impulse because of what he could do for Gilbert, not because of what he was able to do.

I believe Shinn was put in it because Gilbert knew he had great potential because of his SEED ability. As far as we know, during the academy days, Shinn was a real troublemaker, and we don't know much about what results he got at the academy.

If you would compare him to Kira, he would fade away in the background within seconds. Kira had never piloted a mobile suit as far as we know, but we knew he worked with some sort mobile suit-system'ish things at the school he attended to up in Heliopolis. The second he was put in a mobile suit, he proved very capable, and understood pretty much everything about the mobile suit.

Shinn needed schooling. :p

11. Haruka

You forgot Heine Westenfluss. He was actually an amazing Pilot, but reckelessly killed by Kira.

12. Mindless

Kira didn't kill him. Stellar did. Kira cut off an arm. Stellar cut the Gouf in two in the cockpit area.

You can't even say Kira caused his death, though, you could say that Heine's recklessness killed him. And of course Stellars weak psyche.

13. !-justicer-!

1 - Kira Yamato ====== He is called the Ultimamete Coordinator afterall
    2 - Athrun Zala / Shinn Asuka ======
    Well, skill-wise, athrun is overall a better pilot, unfortunately his total lack of control over his seed (40 episodes without it) make him too much unrealiable.
    Shinn, although his seed-berserker mode only activates in rage situations he has plenty it to offer so it happen many times in the series. Having this in mind. They'r Technically equal.

14. White Reflection

Here are some new stuff I just read from a different forum. I am going to translate them into English, it might look a bit ackward since I am not a bilingual expert.
    It's an inside story from Bandai. The original story was intended to turn out like this: Pilot strength wise, Kira > Shinn > Athrun. Athrun and Shinn were supposed to be the main characters in SD, while Kira only plays a small part in converting Athrun against Zaft. However the executive (or something I can not remember) were afraid that fans will be pissed off if Kira/Lacus only have little screen time. (Again proved SD is based on Fan service, so I am not going to discuss the character development and wacky storyline EVER again becaused SD is killed in the cradle). So they forced Kira back into battle and made Shinn do stupid things so people can hate him (People can probably notice when Destiny show up the screen is always dark and the music sounds evil, when it's SF they always show a bright back ground and cheering music).
    Anyway, I am going to cut the details and jump to the end.
    The orginal scenario in the final episode is like this: Shinn holds an advantage against Athrun until Luna Jumped into the middle of the fight. Shinn has to stop meanwhile Athrun takes the advantage and attacks Destiny, which otherwise he has absolutely no chance to go up against.

Sadly we know those premature foursome fans are not going to tolerate Bandai burst their bubble about the perfect image of Athrun and Justice, therefore they changed the scene in the end, which is what we have seen. (The prove is that few seconds is rigged, we all saw Destiny loss one leg, but in the end we saw Destiny without both legs in the ashes and wings broken.)

So according to author, it's Kira > Shinn > Athrun, but in the end it turns out Kira > Athrun > rest

15. DeathGuise_of_Oblivion

Your also forgetting that Kira is the ULTIMATE Coordinator. You think Athrun could've done the same thing? No. But we also must remember, Kira is the bitch in his relationships. And as such, loses most of my respect for him, though he did regain some in the end of Destiny. Ex:

Lacus: While Dullindal is the obvious threat, we're going to let him to destroy PLANT and its allies on earth, and go after Gilbert for something that will take YEARS to fully accomplish.

AA crew: But where's the proof???

Lacus: Kira-bitch.

Kira: Lacus is right, we need no real proof.

AA Crew: Alright, Kira. Move out!

^^^this is the example of what REALLY happened...in my mind at least.

16. White Reflection

Look at the end,
    Dul: "If you kill me, everything will go back to chaos. A new LOGO will be born forth. "
    Kira: "I am ready for it."

10 seconds earlier he said:
    Kira: "You(Dul) are the arrogant one. I am not an ultimate coodinator, I am just someone."

He thinks himself is GOD. Who give him the right to make decision for entire human kind? "I am ready for it." I dont care if you are ready, but are you going to responsible for the people going to be killed in the next war?

17. Mindless

But Gilbert died anyway (or did he...?!) in the end. And I don't think a new LOGOS will be born unless they make another SEED.

There will always be thoes who hate because of others actions. But I do agree with you, Kira was quite unresponsible when he said that. He can't shoulder the world and say that he's prepared for anything that comes as a consequence from killing Gilbert.

But, Gilbert's statement is also flawed. What makes him so sure that killing him would bring birth to a new LOGOS? Is he some kind of prophet with the ability to see into the future? Or did he just think he was? Who would bring birth to this new LOGOS? PLANT? ZAFT? The people on earth? Some random anti-Clyne faction?

I doubt it would happen. I guess that line was to make the end as cheezy as possible, so Kira finally was able to put in a good line face to face with his nemesis, not because it was the right thing to say. The way this happened was alot cooler than if Kira had jumped in with guns blazing and kill Gilbert.

But that's just my opinion. :p

18. BattousaiMS

Gil didn't talk about LOGOS he talked about Chaos and what Kira replied and true believer of humanity would which is : It is up to the the people to decide their fate not Gil, himself or Lacus. That is what his "I am ready for it" means, as in "I am ready to accept what people wish to do with their lives and ready to give them the benefit of the doubt that this time they will understand what living in peace is truely worth".

As for your ranking. Shinn by no way is in the same league as Kira, Athrun and the others. He is possibly the worst Gundam pilot in terms of a blue wtie and red suit comes to mind. Yzak would kick his ass if he got a gundam too. Mew would woop his ass as would Rey if he really put his mind to it. Only thing Shinn got his SEED mode. He is a hyped up little Gil boy, nothing more nothing less. Even Talia was suprised when Shinn got Impulse over Rey considering Rey was the better pilote. His victory against Kira is nothing considering that Kira didn't even want to fight him, he was more concerned with AA then the little chipmunk. Asruan whiped his ass with a Gouf, if it wasn't for Rey getting him into SEED mode Shinn would have been all broken up and waiting for Minerva to be picked up at sea.

In terms of overall ranking of all gundam pilots with a Blue Wite Red suit (the typical Gundam protagonist suit) He would be ranked dead last. If you ask me, got hot his life easy he should have jumped into the next line of fire and gotten himself killed for being that weak.

19. White Reflection

You said: "Gil didn't talk about LOGOS he talked about Chaos and what Kira replied and true believer of humanity would which is : It is up to the the people to decide their fate not Gil, himself or Lacus. That is what his "I am ready for it" means, as in "I am ready to accept what people wish to do with their lives and ready to give them the benefit of the doubt that this time they will understand what living in peace is truely worth". "

That's clearly not what he was doing. If you want a completely rational resolution to all the problems, Requiem and Neo Genesis should be destroyed. However, Destiny plan should be implemented. Then we will let the people to decide whether to participate in the Destiny Plan. Since Requiem and Neo Genesis are gone, people can talk in their true voice and decide what's the best. What Kira did, clearly turned everyone back to square one.

About Pilot ranking, like I said it's fan based service. At this point Kira > Athrun > Rey (maybe) > Shinn, your personnel biase is not going to change anything unless you can mobilize 50% fans to threat the author to make Shinn more worthless.

20. BattousaiMS

Destiny plan should not be implemented it's known as Human slavery. It's not a rational solution this was Gil imposing his freaken idea and blowing up anyone who dared to oppose it. That tells you already that majority didn't to have jack to do with Destiny plan. Also that the majority would have never accepted it unless they had a gun pointing on their head.

Pilot ranking isn't based on fanbase but skills. When a character has proven his worth he gets his post. Shinn is an antagonist who didn't deserve his post. He got out shined by a secondary character heck he was bitch slapped by Athrun when Athrun got serious. He was simply a toy. Now this isn't the first time it has happenend but in his case he still sucked at it. Even Jared Messa, made the protagonist work for his victory in Kamille. Shinn was a one hit annoying fly compared to him.

21. Mindless

Can't say I agree with the rational-part. Obviously, the Destiny Plan was something that was (or was to be) enforced into the people of PLANT's lives, and then later the world. Peoples lives would be decided by their genes; natural selection. Of course, you try to take the best fitting person for the job when employing someone, but to take it down to a genetical level? That's going too far, and that is where the rational-part of Gilbert's plan ends.

If he was to enslave the world under this system, and sit on the throne of the world, true, there may be no wars or conflict, but would it truely be peace? Just the name of his plan implies that it goes against a common humans nature. People are free to live their own lives, they should not be bound by this supposed 'Destiny'.

I believe, if something, the Destiny Plan would create conflict, not Kira killing Gilbert. Honestly, how could anyone agree or submit to such a 'rule'?

22. White Reflection

Well, here is how I perceive the idea of Destiny Plan. I could be too idealistic and likely wrong on the idea of Dul's version of Destiny plan, but this is what I think Destiny Plan should be like.
    It will dig out the potential of everybody, and point a way which best fits he/her. For instance, if you had failed your school and ended up at a dead end job earning $6 per hour and you are in your 40s, Destiny plan might tell you that what your true skill/talent is. Maybe the SAT/ACT test fail to examine your potential because you are going to be a great photographist or whatever... So this guy will end up picking up a different career which he will like and actually be good at instead of die in miserable.
    For a couple always fight each other and be mean to their kids, Destiny plan will tell them maybe they are not meant to be together, they should go find different partners who they will love each other. And probably figure out some ways for the kid. So in the end, instead of one angry couple and neglected kids, we have two merry families and so on.
    For some ass like Jibril, instead of being a political leader, Destiny plan will send him to work at some pet store or become cat expert in which ways he can stop acting like an ass.
    Yuna can be the chairman of some elite Gay club and be respected by gay members all over the world and have all the men he ever wanted instead of showing his face in front of us.
    If Kira is so good with his new type, after war we dont need soldier he can become top 1 first person shooter player and dominates WCG.
    I duno what he wants to do about Shinn, he can become a arch enemy of Kira in the game and hopefully be skill enough to humiliate Kira with Glock while Kira is using AWP. And he will be all over his head and yell "Stellar, did you see I just knifed Kira XXXXXX..."
    There will be no wars and everyone will be happy. That's what destiny plan should be and I will definetely support it.

23. White Reflection

Oh btw, I am not cynical or anything. I am just some 21 years old kid in college (Junior) who have a different opinion some times.
    No, I was never the "COOL KIDS", not in high school not in college, but I know the fact that I am a better person and I look cute ;)

24. Mindless

I agree with you to some extent, at least when it comes to the work-part. But, the exams in school is what will earn you a job in the end. If you screw thoes up, you all know how it will go later when you come to your employer with your grades. "Rejected." -good bye, end of story. As we all know (or should know), your schooling is everything these days. People who studied hard and worked hard will have the chance to get the most rewarding jobs. But, if you neglected your studies, and failed (as you exemplified), they would not get the chance that was granted to thoes who didn't fail. I don't consider this anything else but fair. Why should the people not giving it their best be rewarded with a better job than someone who gave it their best? I find that very strange.

Anyway.

Regarding the couple.

Why wouldn't the couple just separate and take joint custody of the kids? I believe each human is about that capable. To see: "This isn't working, we have to do something..." -you wouldn't need a computer, right? :wink

PS: Glad to have some discussion here on the boards again. :amuse

DS.

25. White Reflection

Regarding the school part, we all know Issak Newton, Einstein failed their schools. If they were born today, they will never make it through college or get laid ;)
    My point here is, tests like ACT/SAT are not the smartest way to select people. Relying on test will not ignore and cover up the real genius. And that will indeed be a great loss to entire human race.
    If a destiny plan can prevent that, I will vote for it.

You said "people worked hard deserve something back". I agree with you, and I believe Destiny plan will point out a way to those people. Like I said, everyone must be good at something. For mediocre people who work hard, hard working and persistent is their STRENGTH! That's great resource we can use in our society. We can not just have bunch of genius only give ideas but can not lift 30 pounds. We need HARD WORKING people to put ideas into practice.
    This is what destiny plan is genius about, it will put everyone into use and maximize their value. Everyone will shine on their spot because they were sent to do the RIGHT THING, all thanks to Destiny Plan.
    Imagine, everyone is kicking ass on their posts, and everyone is getting paid tons of money, and everyone can find the right chick for them, how can you not be happy?
    So screw Lacus.
    Lady rank: Meer > Luna > Stellar.

26. White Reflection

There was like 3 days I can not log on.

27. Mindless

I believe there was some problems with the forums. I haven't even been able to load the page, let alone post.

Anyway.

I see what you mean, and I do agree. But say, a hard worker would get replaced at a job he was very good at, by a person that was excellent? Would that be right? Here in Sweden we have something called a Collective Contract when we hire people. This contract is to ensure your future work with the employer, and when you retire (of old age), you get money to from them to lead a good and normal life. You can loose your job, but it's very rare. You would have to have done something very extreme to get fired. This contract also means that you can not get replaced by someone else, just because that someone could do a better job than you are doing.

That's how it works here, and I could find no better solution, thus, I am against how the Destiny Plan was supposed to work. However, I am not familiar how your 'work-system' works. It could be very different.

28. NU-KazeKage

athrun
    rey
    neo
    shinn
    the reason shinn is so low is had he not had that infinite part system he wouldnt have made it very far, kira like defeated shinn like 3 times in there fight but he kept getting new parts ...how many extra parts were there

29. KuwabaraTheMan

1. Shinn: Beet Freedom with an extremly inferior unit, then in Final Plus he was winning against SEED Kira while he was regular. Would have beat Athrun if not for Lunamaria.

2. Athrun Zala: Once he awoke, he showed great power, and did better against Shinn then Kira ever did.

3. Rey Za Burrel: Lost due to Plot Magic, would have owned Kira otherwise.

4. Kira Yamato: Had a rediculously overpowered unit, and still barely beat Legend. Was losing to Destiny, lost against Impulse in Freedom.

5. Lunamaria Hawke: Fares very well for using the Impulse that late in the series. Only hand-me down Gundam character to ever survive, which says something about her skill.

6/7. Yzak Joule/Dearka Elsman: Both due really well in the series.

8. Neo Lorrnoke: Pilots Akatsuki, but never does anything. He should have been able to hold up to the Big 4 with a better pilot in it.

9. Stellar Loussier: Did well in the Destroy, held up pretty well in Gaia.

10. Sting Oakley: Didn't do quite as well in Destroy, but was the most level headed of the Extended.

11. Auel: First to die, and never did all that much, despite having the advantage of being an amphibious mobile suit in sea.

12. Heine Westenfluss: Foolish pilot who didn't pay attention to the enemy.

13. Andrew Waltfeld: Never did much.

Nameless Grunts:

999999999999999999999999. Cagalli Yula Atha: Need I say more?

30. S.o.L

2.Shinn Asuka
    3.Athrun Zala
    4.Mwu La Fllaga/Neo Lornoke/Rey Za Burrel
    5.Luamaria Hawke
    6.Sting Oakly/Auel Nieder//Stellar Loussie
    7.Cagali Yula Athha