1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Playing Import PS2 Games

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by NinjaM, May 29, 2007.

1. NinjaM ◥▶̸̱◀◤

So, my friend is looking to buy Narutimate Accel for PS2, but of course we need a way to play it once we get it...

I know about a ton of ways to do it, slide cards, mod chips, replacement covers, etc. But I was hoping someone with some experience with 'em might be able to tell me which one is easiest and most importantly cheapest? And also where he can get a hold of this stuff...

Tags:
  2. Dreikoo Paragon of Dragoon Exelence

Easiest is definatelly the modchip since you just go deliver your ps2 and once you take it back it can forever since play the games. You don't have to do anything else after that. Just pray that it won't break down XD (this is a joke , don't worry i have the same modded ps2 since 2001 :) )

Cheapest i think is the swap magic disk thingy but i'm not sure how that works and it'd be only like $20-$40 tops.

3. NinjaM ◥▶̸̱◀◤

Having someone mod it costs like a hundred dollars or something doesn't it? That's way outta his budget. Need to keep it under $50 I think...

The Swap Magic thing is what seems to be the best option on the cheap...but then there's like 3 different methods for using it...case, slide tool, and switch...

Edit:
    A Snake In The Grass: Orochimaru, A Snake In Myth And Material
    Yay? Nay?

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  4. Dreikoo Paragon of Dragoon Exelence

I dont' know how much it's nowadays but i'd assume around $60-$80 if you're getting quality job that wont' mess up your ps2 in 3 months.

5. NinjaM ◥▶̸̱◀◤

Oh, btw, he has the Slim PS2, so I guess he can't use the slide tool? Damn, I thought I found such a good deal...

6. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

He has a few ways to work with the slimline.

- The Ghost Switch requires an internal insertion, the drawback is when you hit eject and a game is in there, it will never, ever recognize the tray was ejected.

- The best one is the magic key, which are just 3 metal plates you put and take off with ease. One put near where the game detects an eject, one near the region lens, and one just near the detector.

7. NinjaM ◥▶̸̱◀◤

The best option to me right now seems like:

($26) + PS2 Magic Switch Pro V3 ($4)

That work?

8. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Uh..I don't see a problem with using that.

Bah, so many little nickers to put on to mod the PS2, it gets confusing D:

9. NinjaM ◥▶̸̱◀◤

Hence why we're doing some research and asking around a bit first...we are very confused... :faint

*hugs his Gamecube and Freeloader*

10. Dreikoo Paragon of Dragoon Exelence

Well...to be fair....you're more cheap than confused cause i think you understand very well that you can get a modchip that woun't require any other action from you other than paying the little bit higher bill :p. Compared to the chip the cube freeloader seemed complicated to me back in the day...that's how simple the chip procces is XD.

11. NinjaM ◥▶̸̱◀◤

Well duh, if you pay someone else to do it. I could do that with my 'Cube too, but $20 is much nicer than $80+. I'm not cheap, just sane... ^_^

12. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Uh, I don't think any PS2 mod beyond a modchip would cost you over 40 bucks, and the most costly thing are the Swap Magic discs.

I seriously would like to know the best slimline mod possible as well, as I need to get a new PS2. I don't want to risk breaking it like I almost did with my previous one, so a ghost switch is out of the question.