• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Playstation 5 - Organic Derailment™

Haohmaru

The Legendary Samurai
seems like the ps5 has some hdr issues. it could be that, or maybe the monitor's settings need to be tweaked. or maybe the game you're playing doesn't look good with HDR to begin with
Yeah, but most monitors aren't that great with hdr gaming. It's all about 1080p and high refresh rate.

seems like the ps5 has some hdr issues. it could be that, or maybe the monitor's settings need to be tweaked. or maybe the game you're playing doesn't look good with HDR to begin with

It's just that I hate the look of it. Maybe others like it, but I dont. I like my shit vibrant with poppy colors ready to poke my eyes to blindness.

Haohmaru

The Legendary Samurai
Does anyone have any recommendations for external SSD's?
My ps5 can't handle all these ps5 games. Might as well put all the ps4 games on external ssd since you can play them of the external ssd.

So I thought I'd get the dual charger for the ps5 and that shit comes with an adapter and everything. And here I thought it was a simple charger than you connect to your ps5.
Fuck that, I'm sending it back.

Last edited:

Zensuki

Sasuke > your fav
More like market leader with largest userbase does not want users/spend to migrate when smaller competitors gain access to said userbase.

Also curious when this policy actually has been triggered: the case of a a big chunk of the playerbase playing on multiple platforms and then deciding to spend money away from the most popular console.....let alone with a 15% difference seems unlikely.

More like market leader with largest userbase does not want users/spend to migrate when smaller competitors gain access to said userbase.

Also curious when this policy actually has been triggered: the case of a a big chunk of the playerbase playing on multiple platforms and then deciding to spend money away from the most popular console.....let alone with a 15% difference seems unlikely.

And that userbase wanted to play with people that had other consoles. :blobwhat

In the era of blind brand loyalty, crossplay does so little to sway sales.

Zensuki

Sasuke > your fav
And that userbase wanted to play with people that had other consoles. :blobwhat

In the era of blind brand loyalty, crossplay does so little to sway sales.

Its not about crossplay, its about the mixing of wallets (due to how in game purchases are handled) and hence business models.

Apple isn't going to allow cross app purchases to the Google store without some policy. Facebook is not going to let TikTok access its user network, allow iMessage to accumulate WhatsApp's chat history without some clause to compensate them for a potential loss in revenue.

X Company puts in a lot of work and money to cultivate Y userbase. Why should another company be allowed access to Y userbase through X's platform and make money off them without compensation? The companies with the smallest userbase have the most to gain by combining networks, while those with the largest have the most to lose.

The terms act as an insurance policy for the very rare cases (I assume), where a lot of the playerbase now plays on multiple consoles and spends money disproportionately to time spent on each platform. I can't think of what games this would kick in for though.

Maybe its to prevent cross play platforms undercutting PSN, like MS saying all VBucks are half price on Xbox. The PS userbase would never be exposed to this but with crossplay they now are, and they now are incentivised in spending all their money on Xbox Live.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities

For the Payers.

In the age where third party exclusives are dead, Sony will fight tooth and nail to be the most elitist stupid fucking brand possible run by slack jawed retards. I'm actually glad Tim went full stupid on Apple because all these confidential policies are just being outed. I'm channeling my inner Ren but consoles were a mistake.

Last edited:

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities

Sonic Colors Ultimate. Meh. Would rather have Generations or even Unleashed Remaster but it's a half decent modern Sonic game. I'm more excited about Sunset Overdrive and the sequel. It's crazy how this went from Microsoft exclusive to a Sony IP. I hope Apocalypse keeps the tone and amps the speed.

Last edited:

Zensuki

Sasuke > your fav

For the Payers.

In the age where third party exclusives are dead, Sony will fight tooth and nail to be the most elitist stupid fucking brand possible run by slack jawed retards. I'm actually glad Tim went full stupid on Apple because all these confidential policies are just being outed. I'm channeling my inner Ren but consoles were a mistake.
Tim's going to get BTFO by Apple. Its always funny see these wannabe big companies try and peddle the law against the platform companies as soon as their product becomes incredibly popular.

Its like they forgot that the only reason their product is able to reach millions is due to the platform makers will.

Its not about crossplay, its about the mixing of wallets (due to how in game purchases are handled) and hence business models.

Apple isn't going to allow cross app purchases to the Google store without some policy. Facebook is not going to let TikTok access its user network, allow iMessage to accumulate WhatsApp's chat history without some clause to compensate them for a potential loss in revenue.

X Company puts in a lot of work and money to cultivate Y userbase. Why should another company be allowed access to Y userbase through X's platform and make money off them without compensation? The companies with the smallest userbase have the most to gain by combining networks, while those with the largest have the most to lose.

The terms act as an insurance policy for the very rare cases (I assume), where a lot of the playerbase now plays on multiple consoles and spends money disproportionately to time spent on each platform. I can't think of what games this would kick in for though.

Maybe its to prevent cross play platforms undercutting PSN, like MS saying all VBucks are half price on Xbox. The PS userbase would never be exposed to this but with crossplay they now are, and they now are incentivised in spending all their money on Xbox Live.

Erm... Who cares? If sony does so little to compete with prices on their storefront, it's their issue. In a time where exclusivity is dying, eventually multiplatform software prices are gonna be a huge factor. If it's not already.

You can expect MS to be even more aggressive with their retardedly good value for money prices. Xbox Pass already looks super fucking enticing if you dont care much for Sony's games.

Zensuki

Sasuke > your fav
Erm... Who cares? If sony does so little to compete with prices on their storefront, it's their issue. In a time where exclusivity is dying, eventually multiplatform software prices are gonna be a huge factor. If it's not already.

You can expect MS to be even more aggressive with their retardedly good value for money prices. Xbox Pass already looks super fucking enticing if you dont care much for Sony's games.

Erm....the very people that make consoles? Why should Sony allow competitors to take money out of the platform they built and undercut them whilst getting no benefit? Like you're not making sense here. If its their problem then they can do what they want to remedy it....its their platform.

It would be like rolling up to a club with drinks from the newsagents and saying you got to compete with prices. You'll get told to fuck off and go somewhere else.

Its the very opposite of being competitive: forcing parity just because the losers are butthurt that they don't have the same userbase. By fair competition, your platform lost. Apple points this out clearly.

No surprise the losers (Epic, MS) want a bigger slice :lmao

MS can be aggressive all they want, they're still getting outsold by Sony 2:1 in sales and revenue. Ultimately they're still tied to hardware. GamePass is clearly subsidised by MS's monopoly money in other areas, so not only is it unsustainable but its also ripe for an anti-trust lawsuit as well.

Top Bottom