1. Come enter in the KCC Pet Photo Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Tier list and Calc Discussion ( games, anime, movies)

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Calculations' started by Vivian25, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Foxthefox1000 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they are, and I guess they can't really be calculated? Still.

As for Gothitelle, I looked it up and it says it can distort space but makes illusions? Don't know if that can really be star level. Need more context.

2. Adamant soul Well-Known Member

Not necessarily.

Pokemon get stronger as they fight and gain experience. We've seen too many instances of non-legendary Pokemon matching or beating Legendary Pokemon outright to write such feats off as outliers.
    • Charizard beating Articuno
    • Sceptile beating Darkrai
    • Pikachu drawing with Latios
    • Pikachu beating Regice
    Even the games canonically (meaning they are part of the story) have battles where the player trainer is expected to beat and capture legendary Pokemon. Basically it is far from impossible for a non-legendary to reach the power level of legendary Pokemon. They'd be outstanding members of their species but the feats wouldn't be outliers.

It's the same as how being a more evolved Digimon (ex: Ultimate vs Champion level) doesn't necessarily mean the more evolved one's going to win, it depends on the individuals.

3. Foxthefox1000 Well-Known Member

I suppose so, but the instances are fairly rare. And again, most legendaries SHOULD be > inexperienced wild 'mon like what the dex usually researches, and apparently this "distorting space so that stars thousands of lightyears away can be seen" thing is just a casual ability for all Gothitelle's since the pokédex is what can be assumed are most pokémon species' natural abilities.

Can you even get a good range of power from that description? And would we then apply it to the verse? As far as I recall, there's a gap between Planet level 'mon to Universal 'mon, as well as a big jump from possibly relativistic and sub-rel to MFTL-and practically irrelevant status.

These upgrades wouldn't be too far out of the ordinary since Doom Desire is also a feat of Jirachi using actual sunlight that a few 'mon in the manga have apparently dodged, and from sub-rel to relativistic for Mega Ray and others comparable isn't a big jump at all. And then having a casual stellar feat from Gothitelle and a possibly good range of power for Ultra Necrozma if we ever get solid numbers for it would kinda bridge the power gap, or, again, upgrade practically the whole verse since the pokédex is usually a descriptor of a species' general abilities and physicality. That's why I say it may as well be an outlier, but I suppose if there's not anyone agreeing, then I can't help it.

4. Adamant soul Well-Known Member

Having space hax (which is what that sounds like) wouldn't put Gothitelle on Legendary level though. Most ghost and psychic type Pokemon, even the wild ones, have a boatload of hax anyway. It's par for the course for them.
    That's not a power feat, Gothitelle is just warping space. It's good hax but you wouldn't be able to get any destructive power out of it.

5. Foxthefox1000 Well-Known Member

I figured as much. Just those people arguing for it seemed adamant.

Also, what's the deal with Pokémon's stats? I see Arceus's speed (which is sonehow lower than the Creation Trio on their profiles) and their power levels, yet threads made have had Arceus lose to Zeno from DBS despite having more impressive stats and a similar AP and durability? Are the stats not up to date? Did the consensus change?

6. Vivian25 Well-Known Member

Distorting space actually requires huge amounts of energy in real life and i think it should count as destructive energy. But its aparently against the rules of this forum and just labeled as "hax". It should at least be a speed feat to gothithelle, since it reaches many of lightyears away.