1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Political correctness is widely unpopular with Americans of all ages and races, a study finds

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Killmonger, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Killmonger NPC13211

it's almost like the PC police are a vocal minority.

@mr_shadow you should read this article given the bullshit hate speech rules you made up

Tags:
  2. Pliskin Well-Known Member

Not suprising, hence it is baffling the GOP is running ads about Dems using the word 'breasts'.

3. Nighty the Inconsiderate Well-Known Member

United States
    No shit it is a vocal minority. That is what all of them are because most people are to damn busy with their lives to shut these people up.

4. Nightali ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Flag:
    Portugal
    "America's political landscape is much more complicated than the binary split between liberals and conservatives often depicted in the national conversation"

Can I get an optimistic?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. HolyHands Let me touch you

Most people support political correctness, but only for themselves. It's how conservatives can defend and justify every insulting thing Trump says, while still demanding civility from liberals. Liberals are pretty hypocritical too, so it's not just one side. But I've grown numb to people complaining about political correctness, as I find more often than not that they're the first to whine when the offensive statements swing in their direction.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Killmonger NPC13211

Who are these people? I have a study here that says otherwise.

7. HolyHands Let me touch you

I'm not disputing the study. I'm just saying that people are hypocrites. I can guarantee that if you took the average person who hates political correctness and started saying offensive things about THEIR racial group, they'll be singing a different tune pretty damn quick and demand respect.

8. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

9. Jim Well-Known Member

I think it's more of a fad to hate on political correctness these days.

10. Killmonger NPC13211

So they don't like racism? That's very different from political correctness, you seem to be conflating the two.

11. HolyHands Let me touch you

The line is often blurred. One man's racism is another man's "telling it like it is."

12. Killmonger NPC13211

If you don't understand the difference between political correctness and racism I have some bad news for you.

13. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Depends on the platform.

14. HolyHands Let me touch you

15. Junta1987 The Skeptic

No wonder, political correctness is like sweeping all problems under the carpet

16. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    What are the chances of getting some examples of political correctness that people don't like or where this study was done/how many people interviewed and what they exact wording was, because I'll go out on a limb, and say they just don't like the term "Political Correctness" instead of a specific example, when it should be "Treat and talk to people the way you'd want talked to and treated", because I would bet no person of actual open-minded logic, would have a problem with treating people equally, and not marginalizing someone.

You can't say "I hate PC culture", but yet I think its okay to just say whatever I want on a whim without repercussions.

Give us your examples @OP, this needs to be specified.

Political Correctness: the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

It would seem people who don't "like PC culture" are people who don't care about others thoughts/feelings, how they personally speak to others, understand its not WHAT you say but HOW you say it, or aren't able to comprehend that the world is made of up BILLIONS of other people, who don't share the same narrow view as the perceiver.

So my takeaway from this, is stop saying its PC culture that's a problem, it's the people who think they have the right to say any/all things they want, and expect there to not be any retribution.

If someone wanted to say they think a certain religion is an abomination or ignorant in general, or something else insulting to someone who may have those values/thoughts at heart, if they whoop your ass for insulting them, is that PC cultures fault or yours for choosing your words/actions?

Or would it be okay to keep obvious insulting thoughts/feelings/views to your damn self, when we are in a civilized world, where you should think before you speak, and understand there is, and always will be, a reaction to every action.
    Without PC culture as you call it, it'd become a Might Makes Right world, instead of what we are now, and the REAL mob mentality would take root.
    This is why the Media is actually important whether you believe it or not, they hold people accountable, be it ethically, or logically.
    That's why Trump has obvious run-ins and issues with Political Correctness, because how he speaks most of the time is insulting to some group of people, and if you literally can't see that, or understand that, then maybe it's the mirror you have a real problem with.

This just seems obvious, don't be a dick to people, and everything will be a little bit better.

17. Alwaysmind 总是心神

Switzerland, Canada, China
    America =/= the world.

18. Superstars Well-Known Member

Political correctness is fine when it pertains being moral in speech [no name calling etc]. However, taking it to an extreme and not call something wrong [when it is] as "hate speech" is nothing more than a cover up to not be convicted of habitual perversion.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  19. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Jesus Christ, if you think the section has become North Korea you're welcome to just hop across the Yalu River and be free. :facepalm

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Alwaysmind 总是心神

Switzerland, Canada, China
    Please release us of our chains! *runs away from NK secret lodge*

21. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

Is this thread a meta-crusade now? A clear violation of the guidelines? It might be Meta-Crusade

22. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

Also the rules have not changed they’re just being enforced now Klad

23. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

How does this conversation go elsewhere in the western world?

Everybody seems to have their version going on these days. All societies are adjusting to a new sense of community / globalism and being held accountable by a much broader audience than we're used to.

24. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

Look, Theres being a racist sexist person who cheers for border walls and the seperation of children calling Nazi’s fine people and that the minorties in this country will bring down america

And then there’s being an overly sensitive no fun allowed person, constantly outraged for people who arent even offended, constantly apologizing for the white man’s mistakes.

Nither of them should tell me what the fuck I should do

25. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

btw I've never traveled outside of the US and know nothing about the rest of the world, so I'm just going off my gut. Guts ain't as smart as brain as such, but they surely got some horse sense. I reckon is what.

26. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Define political correctness. Because from what I've seen, conservatives seem to have their own belief of what is politically correct, normally disguising it as "speaking civilly" or "patriotism".

27. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

Heres whats going on in england

28. Kitsune `★.。・:*:・ Super Moderator

He didn’t make them up. He’s just enforcing forum rules as collectively decided by the senior staff. Don’t give him a hard time. If you really hate it, PM an admin.

As far as the topic goes, people should obviously be free to speak their mind but others are free to respond. If crude language elicits a poor reaction it shouldn’t be a surprise. Free speech doesn’t mean you’re protected from criticism.

29. Killmonger NPC13211

I never said that, I just dislike hate speech rules because they are full of shit. Often times, the ones complaining about hate speech are the most hateful of them all.

30. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Who has most of the media?

Who has the most efficient shame mobs?

You know that people flop and lie.