1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Politics in Naruto, i hate it (284 spoiller)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by hussamb, Nov 18, 2005.

1. hussamb Active Member

hay all, if you read 284 , you will see that they started to put some politice in it, in real life not all the people work for the best of there countrys, there is some people who for there own sake, and that is true in life, but i hate to see it in naruto, yes in the 1st episode Mizuke worked for his own purpose, but he was someone that didnt have anyeffect on the village, but now we have the elder( and that rooty man).
    in Naruto manga most of the bad guys were runner or nins, but now here it is startting with homers, i dont want the manga to be like any tv show, i dont want to feel that even in naruto country there is someone in high place want to work for his own sake.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Razgriez Banned

I do not understand anything your trying to say...

Actually I do understand its just really hard because of the spelling errors, lack of punctuation, and that its in one giant paragraph.

Politics = good. I humbly disagree with you.

3. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

that statement is second. lol. so do you like politics in naruto or not?

4. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

he doesn't like politics mixed with his weekly dosage of manga that is what he's saying

5. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    as much as i'm loathe to admit that we share the same opinion...i MUST agree when the truth is spoken.

Naruto was in serious need of more complexity.

6. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i see, well the politics angle adds something new to the manga, i wouldn't mind a little arc about it, nothing big like another great war or a civil war even. i'd much rather see things get back to normal after the whole orochimaru situation.

7. uncle jafuncle sustenance proxy

So basically you're saying you don't want the Elders to have a different opinion about the situation and advise Tsunade, which is the purpose of advisors? Tsunade is the Hokage, which basically means supreme executive officer in Naruto. The only people who can somewhat influence her are Homura and Koharu and if not for them Tsunade could do whatever the fuck she wanted, and would, without ever consulting anyone to see if it's a good idea.

Sounds wonderful.:oh

Oh, and everyone with power is watching out for there own interest. Deal with it.

8. Splintered Active Member

I think I kind of understand... are you saying you don't like how Kishimoto plays the politics of Konoha with the pull of the council on the Hokage?

9. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

It's something that I don't particularly care about, but it is a village with a government. Though politics in an anime like this is quite odd.

I could do without it.

10. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    he's saying that he liked the fact that everyone in konoha was seemingly on the same side and the people who went against the pussy ideals of the village were criminals or missing nin...he DOESN'T like that now people who are in power are disagreeing on how things should be run. it makes him feel like Konoha isn't home anymore. *sniff*

11. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

well it's just those old bastards. "he's a jinchuuriki", that's how they see him, that's it. tsunade however has had a life changing experience with naruto so she knows of his potential and "special power" which is why she trust him so completely. on danzou, he's there to add a little spice, he adds an element we haven't seen before, the deceptive weakling bastard everyone hates. see i hate him already. lol

12. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

Tru dat. Less blabbing about oh hes a jincuraki, hell put the village in danger blah blah blah. MORE FIGHTING!!!!!! :guns

13. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

The "old bastards" acted the same way towards Gaara in the Suna, but they're ripe, withering asses have one-foot in the grave anyways. The Suna now loves Gaara, and people in Konoha love Naruto.

Age often forgets how youth think and feel.

14. hussamb Active Member

i rewrite it now so i hope you will understand it.
    but dont forget that Danzou is now appearing, and he worked from underground, 1st he knew that sai wuold be in nruto team, so he have some influence on the elder ( or have spy), but we must not forget that he gave them sai name, so he talked with one of them ( maybe both ).
    and 2nd we dont know if he has some men working for him.

15. Razgriez Banned

16. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

Okay to be frank don't support real fighting, ya'kno peace on earth and the like but you gotta admit Manga is a helluvalot cooler when people are owning other people and being owned. The long dissertations of oh no we cant trust him or we need him to not be captured are just a waste of precious ass kicking space.

17. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

I like this new angle or perspective that we're seeing now. It really helps to flesh out Konoha and lets you know that it's not just full of crappy shinobi except for 12 former rookies or so.:p

It really helps to complicate things and that makes it more interesting as well as intriguing. It sort of sucks when you just see characters in other series attack, destroy and do whatever without any regard for the overall consequences. It lacks complexity in that case. With more sides being shown to us though, it'll definitely lengthen the series, but it'll make it much more enjoyable for those of us who like that sort of drama.

18. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

I really like it,it once proves it's not a kiddy show....

19. Shroomsday Too Classy to be Right Advisor

Now with 'homers', there is a chance that regarding the rest of your post, you have made a clumsy typo. While it might relate to enemies from Konoha, it seems all too clear that you were suggesting that there are more 'homo's'. Admittedly Deidara and Sai are not the most butch men in manga history, but it is a worrying argument that this is a bad thing. And while Queer eye for the Straight Guy, Will and Grace, the L Word and other similarly themed shows may be more abundant, I wouldn't put it as 'any tv show'. This homophobic argument is outrageous!

On the other hand, if you're unhappy with the devious politics, I hear in the anime filler season right now, Naruto's going to use the Rasengan fifty consecutive times to destroy a previous bad guy who found something sneaky to make him stronger.

hussamb I did geniunely understand your post by the way. You might as well just bare through it, but the underhand sneakiness is welcome in a sense. The manga used to have a lot more in the way of twists and turns. It was beginning to become somewhat monotonous and with clear cut directions and straight forward morals. If it's done well, it'll help things.

20. The_Leader Nope, not here!

You can't tell me that there cannot be any deception, discretion or defugery. Or any of the other various ''D'' words. The series does have to reach back to its ninja roots at times.:p

I'm going out on a limb and asking you if you dislike this because the old men don't trust Naruto.

21. Razgriez Banned

Well it makes Kohona look less like the carebear ninja village.

Of course they were 12 in part 1. Makes sense that when they get older things would be more open and more complex just like how it really is like.

22. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    that whole "carebear" thing is part of what turns me off from konoha...Mist village, now THERES a rowdy bunch.

23. ShuiMei Member

^ Exactly. You really don't start noticing the complexities of "the system" around you when you're 12, it's really at the back of your mind and not something that you especially care about, but as you grow up, how these things affect your life and whatnot becomes a lot more evident. I think adding the politics of the village into Naruto gives it more dimension, more depth, and makes it more 'realistic.' Having "the system" work against Naruto makes things more interesting.

Plus, politics affects all aspects of our lives, it's impossible to escape it- why not embrace it? Politics = love :3

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  24. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    yeah, maybe this'll force Naruto's dumbass to become a bit smarter. he's used to punching and smashing his point of view down peoples throats...lets see him try to punch the system or the "man" as it were.

25. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

I'm glad there are politics involve as nothing is peaches and cream. :wink