1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

(Poll)Your favorite One piece film.

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Gledania, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:19 PM.

what is your favorite One piece Film.

1. 01 One piece the Movie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 02 One piece Clockwork Island Adventure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 03 One piece Chopper's Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 04 One piece Dead end adventure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 05 One piece The Curse of of the sacred sword

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. 06 One piece Baron Omatsuri

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. 07 One piece The Giant Mechanical Soldier of Karakuri Castle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 08 One piece Alabasta: The Pirates and the Princess of the Desert

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 09 One piece bloom in the winter miracle sakura

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10 One piece Strong world

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  11. 11 One piece 3D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 12 One piece Z

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  13. 13 One piece GOLD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Spécial (it's not a film but) One piece 3DY2

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France
    So ,I noticed people in this forum like polls :doge, let's make another then.

What is your favorite one piece film. Mine is :

My favorites were Z (Film 12), Strong world (Film10) , and Dead end adventure (Film4) and the remake of Choper story (Film 09).

But the best for me will allways be the 06 : Baron Omatsuri.

It was made by the productor of "wolf children ame yuki".

What I liked : Beside a great realisation and decoration , the originality among all the others film (even looking at one piece standard) the baron character is probably the best vilain here (with Z). The most original and daring film.

I liked how we slowly turn from a peacefull atmosphere to a stressful one , begining from a happy intro to a dramatic ,chaotic ,and frightening story. It's like in impel down where luffy was poisoned against magellan , but 20 times worse.

There is a good writting for every character , but the only problem for me was the children (what the hell were they even doing there ???? ), maybe also the fact that the SH were getting angry more easly than expected.

The worst was obviously the number 5 ( the curse of the sacred sword.) , the number 3 (chopper kingdoms) and the alabasta remake (film 8). :obd Those film were an insult for vivi chopper and zoro. And of course ... One piece 3D .... worst film ever ... 30 minutes ...

Film 07 was funny and shouldn't be taken too seriously , film 1 and 2 it was more nostalgia than anything.:ninja

:doge:doge:doge

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 7:20 PM
    Tags:
  2. Kishido Hunter

The one where Borsalino fights that dude.

4. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France
    So z.

5. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

2nd place is strong world ..that's the one with z right?

6. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France
    Nope strong world is with shiki.

Z ... well ... it's FILM Z (12) :doge

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. DongerMan Random Dude

I still did not see "Gold" yet. So, my favorite for now is "Z".

Also, a little off-topic, but I have always wondered if the 10th film would have turned out better if Oda went with the original idea.

The film was titled "The Crystal Ship’s Log" during its development.

Spoiler: Link to translated interview related to the film if anyone is interested

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France

So they changed the script ? I know oda was going to make an entire arc for shiki instead of making a film.

9. TheWiggian World's Strongest

Flag:
    Germany
    The curse of the sacred sword was an awesome movie, probably my favourite one followed by Choppers animal kingdom.

10. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France
    Friend , those 2 films were great in term of ost and animation. And some fight were great too , but they were also full of flaws , and they badly represent chopper and zoro.

They are easily the worst after alabasta film.

11. TheWiggian World's Strongest

Flag:
    Germany
    How are they bad representing Chopper and Zoro?

12. DongerMan Random Dude

It would be more to accurate to say that the entire plot changed.

Now that I think about it, it looks like I am confusing the trailer with the bolded text in the interview below. It seems that Shiki was not even planned to be included in this version of the film?

I am not exactly sure. Someone with better knowledge on this subject may be able to clarify.

Spoiler: The original plot

-Speaking of that, when it was still in “The Crystal Ship’s Log” stage, what did you plan it to be about?

The very first thing I thought was, “I’ve gotta be able to do something here that only I can do.” In other words, since I’m the author, what could I use that prerogative to create? I mean, that was the entire purpose of my involvement. I came to the conclusion that since the only person allowed to mess with the very core of the characters is me, I thought about doing something related to the origin of Luffy; going way back, a story that happened around just before Luffy began training with Ace. It was devoted to Luffy’s memories during that period, about a certain special animal he met around that time and it all came around to link up with modern Luffy…a real emotional story with a big chunk devoted to memories.

But as I was in the middle of writing it I started to worry, “Is this kind of cushy story the kind of thing I would really want to see?” I don’t believe I’ve ever written something purely for the purpose of making a ‘good story’. If that’s something that happens in the comic the overall story has to be longer and then I don’t mind a ‘good story’ in there among other things as a dash of spice, however, for something as short as a movie, if I just made a ‘good story’ it all came down to where I could fit in the kinds of things boys really want to see: action and strong characters.

13. Etherborn Blade of the Myriad

Sokovia
    My favorite is Z. I liked Zephyr's backstory and the Ocean Guide song was a nice touch. Plus Luffy's hardening fist fight with the guy was epic.

I haven't seen Gold, so I haven no idea how good that one is.

14. NOX Indubitable

2. Strong World [9]
    3. Whichever film used this animation quality. Which BTW I suggest you watch for Zoro/Sanji fights: [8.5]

Most other films fall between 5-8.

15. Luke I Am In Here

Still haven't watched any of them. No big desire to tbh.

16. Soca The Mud and The Oil Super Moderator

I'll just copy paste my answer from the last thread

One Piece Strong World
    One Piece Film Z
    Baron Omatsuri and The Secret Island was dark as fuck, I loved it.
    Dead End Adventure

17. luffy no haki 1st Seat

SW
    Baron Omatsuri
    Dead end adventure

Special mention to Arabasta recap(cuz dat animation back then) and Karakuri castle(cuz nami and robin boobies)

18. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France
    It was the film 3 ... Zoro and sanji fight was the only good thing in that film (with the humour).

Okay I know I will talk a lot but my frustration after watching them was so big I have to speak about it.

The two films had 2 majors problems. Many flaws , and bad representation.

For film 3 :
    Bad writing including to much hazardous improbabilities ...

-The mugiwara heard about an Island ... they reached it 3 sec after :psyduck
    -Choper arrival at the Island at the exact moment they needed a new King (it has to be an animal)
    -The Bad people searching for horns (Choper ...)
    -The Bad people are exatly the same pirate that killed the protagonist's father (the Kid) it wasn't even neccessary ...

And also inconsistensy ...

-The Kidd choice (in the end) was to help chopper , because choper was willing to give his life for the Island , he took the golden horns (knowing he can be banned for this) to give them to to antagonist in order to save chopPer , and when he finally meet him he change his mind and start running ( I mean ... really ???)
    -The Bad guy fall in a place full of lava and manage to survive ...:apathy
    - He then take the goldens hors in front of everyone without anyone doing anything ....

As for the Chopper ?well , the film was doing something daring : Making a parallel between a human leaving with animals who hate other humans, and an animal (chopper) who (previously) hated human and knew that some of them are not entirely bad.

With this the author could have done something great for choppper , like ending a war between humans and animals. And since chopper was a new recruit , why not testing his loyalty and making him live with them after wrongly believing that the crew left him? And maybe being a true king for them (the title was"chopper kingdom")That's something that could have worked. But all the parrallel between chopper and the Kid were never really used for one reason.

-There was no enimity between the SH and the Animals , at least they were hostile at first but then the problem ended easly when they spoke with each other.
    -Chopper aptitude to speak with animals was useless and never used for the story by the fact that some animals were already speaking human language.
    -Chopper didn't fight anyone , and didn't EVEN try to argue with the kid about why human are not neccessary bad or if a way to make peace is possible.

The whole plot was about luffy prooving to the kid that friendship is good and chopper is a friend ... so they have to take him again. In other world , instead of something like Princess mononoke we had the usual "Uncle luffy teaching childrens that nakama is life and you should protect your nakama ..." something we've already seen so many time ...
    The worst is : Chopper didn't have even ONE fight in the end ... His place was totaly taken by luffy ... it was no more "choper film" , it was luffy ....

For the film 5
    ... It was ... Waaaaaaaaaay worse ...

The good point is that that the animation was great , the story was serious , and interesting , and we had some of the most badass Ost ever. Also everyone played a role.

The Bad point ....

Incoherence in the scenario :

-Kohza (zoro friend) sank on east blue ... and his body went aground an Island on the half of grandline. Wich means his body crossed the whole East blue , Reverse moutain , Laboon , alabasta ect ... then reached the cursed Island ... :awesome
    -Zoro was able to find where kohza was ,alone ,on a big forest without losing his way (:dance)
    -This is One piece universe and yet we're talking about Gods curses and Magics ... How about aliens now ?
    -Zoro is indebt to Kohza because the last saved his ass ... exept in the flash back we found that zoro was not in danger back then , HE tried to save kohza but couldn't ...and he was never saved by kohza ....so why is he in debt ???

Incoherence with zoro :
    -Zoro is not goint to leave the Crew for someone else , no mater what will happen ...
    -Zoro meet a blood thirsty cursed kohza working with marines attacking innocent people ... He helped him without questioning ...
    -Zoro attacking his own fucking nakama without explain to them what's going on :rotfl
    -And finally zoro returning to the crew like it was nothing and without even apologizing ... remeber what he said about ussop in W7 ???

And also : Zoro relationship to khoza make no sens. Zoro fighting with him against pirates for JUSTICE is out of character. His promise to him (when they were children) about fighting for the sword of justice MAKE NO SENS ... Zoro said that he is going to be the WSS ,and people will hear about him whether by good or bad. He , and the rest of the nakama are not helping people to serve justice , it's their way of life , not a submition to the principle itself cause otherwise they would be marines.....

Zoro was wandering throug East blue to find mihawk , he lost his way when he tried to return to his home so he killed pirates to earn money. That's all , no justice and shit ...

And finally the worst ever :

Zoro didn't a have a proper fight , and it was supposedly HIS film. He fighted Sanji for 10 second (yeah you read it , 10 fucking second) and injured him when he was not paying attention (he also warned him about it during the fight)
    He fighted a little fodder kid (who lost to nami and chopper) he was moralizing him the entire fight about justice :psyduck....
    In the end Kohza stopped the fight (for no reason) and low diffed zoro, cause was not serious and was giving him a speech about his dream of "Justice swordman"(we're talking about zoro ...) and that the cursed sword is "evil" (he finaly understand it ...)

And guess who fighted against kohza in the end ??? Yeah , guess who fighted a swordman (like zoro), with a cursed sword (like zoro) who was also zoro friend/Rival ???

Luffy ... Exactly like with chopper ... Luffy take everything for himself and fight the main vilain when it's not even neccessary ... I guess he is going to fight Mihawk and find All blue at this rate ...

He fighted kohza for more than 7 minutes ... (while zoro was on the ground ... suffereing like a shit) ... and luffy was saying to kohza "zoro will never lose to you" I MEAN FUCK LUFFY YOU'RE FIGHTING HIS FIGHT ! JUST LET ZORO DEFEND HIMSELF ...

In the end ... when kohza was full of injuries , Zoro stand up ... said to a more-than-ready-to-fight-again luffy "it's my fight let me finish him .... (what I heard is : It's my film dude give me a break) ... he gived a sword to kohza ,they looked at each other for one minute ... Zoro jumped and one shoted himm ...

End of stories .... :ntban .... I WAITED ALL THE FILM FOR THIS ?????????????????

Man I can understand that this film was great in term of soundtrack and animation. (He gave us Zoro asura ost after all) but they fucked zoro to the core with this ....

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 11:28 AM
  19. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Z is arguably the best villain One Piece has ever had. Most of them just try to kill Luffy and his allies. And he wouldn't really be that upset about dying as long as he does so on an adventure. Its part of his whole Peter Pan thing. But Z was special. Not because he planned to kill people on a more massive scale. But because he threatened Luffy thematically. In destroying the Grand Line, Z would destroy all hope of anyone finding One Piece. His ambitions would destroy dreams and adventure themselves.

The fights weren't really so interesting to me though. And its a bit much that even the most bloodthirsty marines in OP would consider it debatable whether or not they should stop Z killing the entire Grand Line. Its too much sloppy collateral damage and it would definitely cause more chaos than it quashed given the amount of dead world leaders.

20. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France

Did you try the film 6 (Baron Omatsuri) ?

21. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France

22. luffy no haki 1st Seat

Glad to see we have a man of culture around this place.

23. TheWiggian World's Strongest

Flag:
    Germany
    no way in hell iam reading all this. every movie got it's flaws you act like there are perfect OP movies out there.

24. Marik Swift Ƀĕĕń ĺȗȑǩiṋḡ ṧḯṉḉḕ '07

Read all of this just to see you dislike for Luffy. Was not dissapointed

Said it first years ago, Luffy is a Gary tsu and a cancer to the manga.

25. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France

:doge No man , I was a bit disapointed by the film 3 , but My hate for zoro cursed sword film is more than justifiable. He ruined my fav character in the worst way.

Sorry for the long text btw ...... :rotfl

26. TheWiggian World's Strongest

Flag:
    Germany
    Zoro's other character trait is to always arrive at the location he is the most needed. So there is actually no contradiction unless you believe he will never run into Mihawk again.

27. Gledania Zura janai, bitch.

Portugal, France
    Not willingly ,that's a big difference. And again, this is not the real reason why I disliked the film.

28. hisoga Well-Known Member

AAH.. Thank you man.. for years i've been searching for this video because my old external hd broke some years ago.
    i was so hype when Greg gave us the news when he came back from 2008/09 Jump Festa.
    IIRC, there were 2 big news at that time, movie 10th Crystal Ship's Log by Oda (too bad it was rewritten also by Oda to Strong World) and Oda sketching Jimbei for the first time at that festival.

on topic: my favorite OP movie is Film Z. Despite all of its flaws, its the best and the most fun. Zephyr/Z alone carrying the film for me. Hope in some way he will be officially included in the canon like recently vice admiral Momousagi dan Chaton.

2nd favorite is movie 6th. If not because I don't like how they handle the last part of the movie, it is no1 OP movie for me.
    i am okay with the bleak and dark tone of the last part, but my issue is with how boring and uncreative that last fight is. All of that really creative and flashy moves and animation form earlier were gone. All we got was typical shonen protagonist shouting about friendship and winning because of it.

29. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Strong world has better character design, but Z has better pace and fight.
    Plus I like to see kuzan assist strawhats