1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Poor Sakura!

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Cloudane, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Cloudane

She always gets left in the dark, doesn't she?

Old series (around 2nd-3rd chapter)
    "What's that bruise on Sasuke?" - oh dear you poor uninformed girl :laugh

Fast forward to Shippuuden, she's still getting the secrets treatment:

"this guy's Itachi?" - oh, you didn't know? :laugh

"zomg, Naruto has the Kyuubi inside him?" - errrr you didn't even know that? :laugh

No wonder she's always angry, nobody ever tells the poor gal anything!

Tags:
  2. Homura

It's not because they won't tell it her, it's because they can't tell her. The most obvious being Naruto having the Kyuubi inside him. You know it's actually forbidden in Konoha to even mention that to anyone.

3. Hoshigaki

she never said that. She never thought that either. Everyone in the village knew he had the fox inside him. Sakura was just surprized that naruto himself knew it.

But ye, sakura is pretty late for these kinda things

4. kewlmyc

5. Catterix

Damnit, and after I was so happy about your first post :(

What "bruise" are you talking about? :S If you're talking about the Cursed Seal (not in the 2-3rd chapter) she did know about it, it was Naruto who didn't know. She just didn't know what it was for, only Anko, 3rd Hokage and Kakashi did.
    Who would? Naruto didn't know until he'd met him. Why would Sakura know what he looked like? She knew who he was, which is more than I can say for anyone else out of the rookie 9.

She had access to all of Tsunade's files, she knows alot more than most people. Rewatch episode 9 lol

No.... The adults know it. None of the kids do. Only Neji has any idea at this point what's inside of Naruto, other than Sakura who either found this out during the 3 year gap, or was told then by Naruto, its unconfirmed.

So actually, she's not left in the dark there, she knew more than any of the Rookie 9 in Konoha at that time.

6. yuhun

7. pinkbabii

8. Double Arts Sui

1) The bruise thing was mentioned in the Latin American dub (today's episode) by Sakura... (it was the CS, of course)
    2) She never saw Itachi before Shippuden, it was Naruto who met him beforehand.
    3) The Kyûbi is a secret for the newer generations, she wasn't supposed to know.

9. neo-dragon

Seriously though, like Catterix said, only adults know. Until Sakura just found out, none of the Konoha 12 (including Sasuke) knew. In fact, the flash-forward in the first episode pf Shippuden shows when Sasuke found out for certain, although he probably had a pretty good idea after fighting him, or maybe Orochimaru told him.

10. OmegaTrooper

11. DragonSlayer

Sakura already found out about the Kyuubi during the time Naruto was away for training.

12. Even

^yeah, Naruto was surprised when she told him that she knew:grin

13. Cloudane

Alright alright, it was only supposed to be a light hearted comment! Geez!

Poor examples, but she does seem to be left in the dark about things an awful lot. I mean, you'd think Naruto would've mentioned some of the things she's clueless about (even the Kyuubi, sure it's top secret but she's on his team and one of his closest friends!)

But I do know why, like any series it needs one person who everything has to be explained to, to represent the viewer (for example if they start watching half way through the series). I was just saying I feel sorry for that character being the one chosen for that role :p

Well I can't remember the exact wording but she was surprised at this piece of information from Naruto in one of the recent episodes. None of the kids know, this is said in the very first episode, it's the attitudes of the adults towards Naruto that have been passed down to the kids, not the knowledge of what he is.

It *was* around the 2nd-3rd series, as it was during the Chuunin exams in the forest. It's not a dub thing either (eww! dub!), it was referred to as a 'bruise' in the subtitle translations.

However, come to think of it, I'm not sure whether it was Sakura kept in the dark on this occasion (so that she wouldn't worry) or if it was Naruto instead (so that he wouldn't go off on one)

Sasuke's brother, they do look kind of alike :) Yeah again not a perfect example, but she seemed to know less about him than expected - I'd have thought Naruto would've talked to her about his encounter with him and what he's capable of etc.

Yeah not the greatest examples, but you get what I mean! She seems.... I don't know, kind of out-of-touch with what's going on a lot of the time. She didn't even seem to know about Naruto leaving in the last episode before the timeskip, either that or she just didn't care :p

Really? When's this mentioned?

14. Fonster Mox

It's not really mentioned explicitly, but Shippuuden, episode 9, after Naruto says "Sakura-chan, you know why too, don't you? Inside me... The Kyuubi is sealed inside of me." You see her eyes widen momentarily. This to me just seems to be a little bit of surprise that he has come out and said it. Then she shows understanding... IMO. If she really didn't know by that point, she would've shown more surprise there or said something.

A lot of people are 'left in the dark'. Naruto went for ages without knowing about the cursed seal. Nobody asked Kakashi how he got a Sharingan. Nobody tells Naruto who his parents were. Nobody explained who Orochimaru was after they fought him in the forest of death.

I mean Naruto was kept in the dark about the Kyuubi for 12 years! :tem

15. Snow

It's debatable, though I'm on the side of her not knowing for story purposes. If Sakura knew, the writing would have made it clear. I think the moment wasn't as big as it should have been, but as you said she didn't show surprise. No surprise was shown because it all began to make sense to her. Why Naruto was hated, why he grew up without parents, why all adults of Konoha scolded him (hence the relevance of her flashback when Naruto tells her).

I doubt there was anything written in Tsunade's library divulging this to Sakura because it was for the most part common knowledge for anyone who needed to know, which was ANY competent person alive in Konoha at the time. Seeing as how it's forbidden to speak of, I doubt Tsunade told Sakura.

16. Na-

17. Catterix

No one's attacking you. Its simply, if you're honestly wrong, we will prove it to you. Its what you do in a conversation, otherwise people would be going round saying; "The Sky is Green!" "The Holocaust never happened!" and nothing would be done about it :p Don't take it offensively.

See, "chapter" to me, usually refers to chapter of manga, so it sounded like you were talking about the second or third chapter in a manga, not the second or third season.

Anyway, she did know about it, what she said was; "What about the bruise? You should tell a teacher about it." and put her hand up, but Sasuke stopped her. So she knew enough that it was bad, Naruto had no clue :p

Yeah, that's right lol. Sorry, read this after typing my response.

He might have, though for some reason, not a lot is talked about in Naruto :S But he knew about Itachi before he met him, yet still had no clue who it was.

I find it funny though that after the whole speech in episode 9; "I'm going to save them!" she just stood around for the whole episode.

I guess the reason she seems more out of touch, is because we see more of her. She knows more than Kiba, Ino, Hinata, Lee, TenTen, Chouji, etc. at the end of Part 1. And as mentioned in Episode 9, having access to all of Tsunade's files, she found out a lot more. Though, its never confirmed whether she found out about Naruto's Kyuubi from this. She says, "I learnt this from look at Tsunade's files..." and then goes onto talking about something else, leaving it unclear.

18. Cloudane

Sure. Just some people seem to be reacting a little more angrily than is necessary... at the end of the day it's just a story ;)

Ah, well I'm not on about the manga else I'd be in the manga forum :p But yeah, I got that one mixed up, it was Naruto being the clueless kept-in-the-dark person that time.

I guess it's happened to a few of them, it just seems quite evident with Sakura at the moment.

Hehehe nothing new there :laugh They've got to have more injuries now so that she has something to do.

I guess what I really mean, is that she seems out of touch considering she's supposed to be Naruto's closest friend and ally (rather than overall). I guess it's just a testament to how.... infrequently they did anything as a team or even spoke to each other :p

19. Spanish Hoffkage

i guess that's what i always though:S, but now that i think about it, it doesn't make sense.

21. Ennoea

22. DragonSlayer

It's not just how Sakura reacted after Naruto told Kyuubi is inside him: she also knew that Naruto was Itachi's target among other things. Her reaction and everything she said in that episode/chapter hinted that she already knew about Kyuubi, at least in my opinion. There's no doubt in my mind that she knew but it's true that she didn't actually say it (it would've sounded very dumb though) so that leaves some room for debate. I just simply think everything points to that she knew.

23. Catterix

Hinted, but didn't confirm. She could only know Itachi/Akastuki were after him because he told her moments before. It was part of his speech, and she's a smart girl, making the connections.

Its never definitely confirmed, she was unfortunately too ambiguous. I personally like the idea of her not knowing, otherwise Naruto's speech in the frame of things was pretty damn pointless. "I have the kyuubi in me! I'm finally letting out my secret!!!"
    "Yeah... we already know."
    "Oh. Bugger."

It seemed very unkishimoto to not have his speech have relevance. But you're right, based solely on what she said, it does seem more likely that she knew beforehand. But its never directly approached.