1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Popularity poll.

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Ye Xiu, Nov 22, 2018.

?

1. Bakugou

2. Deku

3. Shouto

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ~VK~ The King

i would never get banned here though. i'm a good samaritan. :)

2. Haruka Katana

I never got banned before :blobcoffee

3. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

It's all because of fujos ...:hehee

4. luffy no haki World Enemy - The Gluttony

Only thing I got from the first comments I see is that Haruka Katana hasn´t been banned before because of fujos...whut?

5. Haruka Katana

Nothing to do with fujos, just a comment of I have never been banned in this site before :catflip

6. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

I can fix these issues for you guys.

7. Milliardo G.L.P.

Me neither. :grin

8. HekonoHero Banned

And you guys call yourself Bakugou fans while hating on Sasuke. They're basically the same character but Sasuke was the best and most complex out the two was meant to play the anti hero since his introduction.

9. Tayimus Number One

I will never understand this fetish for comparing Sasuke and Bakugou?
    :whatthe

10. ~VK~ The King

Oh linkmyboy you always crack me up :hestonpls

11. Gledania yeah

They both hated the MC with passion when he started getting stronger.

12. Tayimus Number One

I think he really is Linkmyboy. He just responded to two questions that I'd actually asked Linkmyboy.

Is that enough to say that they're "basically" the same character?

13. ~VK~ The King

Wow such similarity. Almost the same character. :lmao

And Bakugou always disliked deku. That didn't just start with deku getting a quirk.

14. ~VK~ The King

Yeah i've already been convinced for awhile that that's linkmyboy lol.

15. Gledania yeah

Just joking mate. :lmao

Hey btw , how is it going ? Why aren't you posting anymore in the OL?

16. ~VK~ The King

It's going good. I took a break from one piece. The start of the wano arc bored me. I'll pick it back up soon tho.

17. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Actually, Izuku was originally a part of Bakugo's gang of admirer friends. It was only after Baku developed his quirk and began to think that his crap didn't stink that he started bullying others, and when he learned that Izuku did not have a quirk Baku singled him out for major mockery. What baffled him then and baffles him to this day is why Izuku continued to show him compassion and offer a friendly hand after all that.

18. ~VK~ The King

I mean nothing you said changes the fact that bakugou never liked deku. Bakugou never considered deku a friend. Deku followed him around. He always thought deku was a loser from day 1.

19. Tayimus Number One

The outright bullying didn't start until Deku defied the group and protected someone that Bakugou and the others were jumping. The teasing was happening before everyone manifested quirks.

For some reason, many people forget that. :carlton

20. Milliardo G.L.P.

What does he think now? :LOS

21. ~VK~ The King

Bakugou was already making fun of deku for taking way too long to manifest his quirk. His already low opinion of him was merely cemented when it was confirmed he was quirkless.

It's one thing if you're some lonely kid who has no friends so you stick around and follow a group everyday even if they treat you like trash. But it's always funny how deku continues to suck bakugou's dick even to this day :bookerskully

Deku is an even more devout baku fan than me :kobeha

22. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

That is not a given. Izuku states in ch 9 pg 4 that he and Bakugo were initially friends and members of the little gang that Bakugo led.
    I haven't forgotten anything. When Bakugo acquired his quirk at the age of four he went from confident leader to conceited bully and it was then that he began to terrorize other kids.He soon turned on smaller and weaker Izuku, making Midoria the focus of his abuse and giving him the insulting nickname of Deku (ch 9 pg 12).

Baku considered himself better than everyone else (and especially 'Deku') and this feeling of superiority expanded even more after it was learned that Izuku had no quirk. But Midoria dared to defy him, standing up for another victim of his bullying (after it was known that Izuku was quirkless), and then having the compassion to run to his aid when he fell into that stream. Bakugo wanted to think himself better than everyone--but I think Midoria made him question if that was true and it is a major reason for the vitriol he still feels regarding his once childhood friend.

23. Tayimus Number One

You and I have vastly different definitions of bullying.

24. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

You don't consider the constant mocking of another and giving them an insulting nickname to be bullying? Verbal abuse is just as painful as a threatened and/or realized punch. Especially to a small child.

25. Tayimus Number One

Nope. And I've had an entire classroom laughing at me, similar to how Deku did. An expected result of being "the new kid" as well as smarter than everyone else. "Bullying" used to be a term for some kid beating you up and taking your lunch money daily. Now, somehow, it's a word to describe someone that hurts one's feelings.

I reject that notion with extreme prejudice. I'm not gonna sit here and claim Deku was bullied over some nickname and when he had every opportunity to simply stop following "Kacchan". An actual bullied child would seek to stay AWAY from their bully.

26. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

27. Tayimus Number One

Precisely.

28. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

It's all bullying to me. Bullying is hurting someone, whether with fists or words: Words can hurt. Encouraging others to make fun of someone can make life a living hell. So I reject your rejection! :catippy

Manga characters tend to behave in ways that often deviate from the norm irl. :catshrug As far as Deku continuing to feel a sense of friendship and admiration regarding Bakugo goes, it certainly is not as strange as Naruto's extensive pursuit of Sasuke. If either of them said to heck with that guy there would be much less story! :fatcat

29. Tayimus Number One

"Words can hurt," she says to the dude that just said he's had a whole classroom laugh and make fun of him.

Not describing childish teasing as bullying does not change how hurtful action is. It only changes the perception. "Bullying" needs actual confrontation in order to be rectified. Teasing needs nothing but indifference or disregard. Now, you tell me. Did Deku's treatment by Baku need confrontation or indifference? Answer honestly.

And way more relatability. :Mshad

On a side note, do you not know how uninhibitedly cruel kids can be? Nothing Bakugou did as a small kid struck me as outside of the norm. Kids do that shit all the time. For example, the ringleader of that classroom of kids that laughed at me? She once said that she wished I would get run over by a truck. :catskully First time I'd encountered venom like that in my then eight years of life, and I'd already been in fights by that age. Ah well, huge irony is that she'd liked me the whole time, but didn't know how to articulate it. :catskully:catskully

Which is why I sometimes fear that Baku×Deku might actually have some merit... :hmm

30. ~VK~ The King

:giogio