1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Post Count

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by purpleshirtguy, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purpleshirtguy

I seen alot of people with high post counts here and you need post count to get bigger avatars and to give more rep pts. (no neg reps though :nono)

Anyway, I saw one person "Sayako" who had 220,000 post count. I don't think it's fair that he gets all those posts just because he's a mod.

So I think that if a post is good, it should count as several posts.

Tags:
  2. Reznor Administrator

Hmm.... well,
    If by Sayako you mean ﮎayoko, she's not a he nor a mod. And I think you mean 22,000 (slightly more reasonable amount yes :p) and she actually did post 22000 times.

As for posts counting more.... that is what rep is for. Better posts get more reputation added to the user.

EDIT: Very good. You gave reputation..... But click "I approve" instead of "I disapprove" next time :huh

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  3. Shikamaru-sama

Something i have a problem with is the confo threads counting towards post coutns because most of them are pointless, single worded posts. I know its only small but there is some reward to be gained from havign a higher post count, so maybe they should be changed?

Its unfair that someone can post 500 really good posts in the naruto section and someone can make 1000 single worded idiocies in the convo threads and get the reward sooner.

And lots of Sayoko's posts are pointless spam :p

on a related note, how the hell do you do the funky S?

4. Gooba

That was changed over a month ago, and retroactively changed by me personally a week ago. In other words, we agree. She lost a few thousand posts from that, it just happens that she posts a lot in other places too.

5. Reznor Administrator

Post counts are disabled in convos now. I never went in there anyway :p
    She was the most recent poster in the complaints section, so I copy and pasted the name.

(I think you run "charmap" and look for it there)

EDIT: Foiled again!

6. Shikamaru-sama

oo, didnt know it had been changed, i asked a few times and nothing was done about it :p

Oh and purple shirt guy..a post count is exactly that, a count of posts. The fact that one post should count as 2 or 3 or something is....daft. issues of subjectivity and programming apart.

but still, how do you do the funky s? :p

edit: thankin you kindly rez :glomp

7. Reznor Administrator

You're welcome ^_^

8. purpleshirtguy

[quote"Renzor"]EDIT: Very good. You gave reputation..... But click "I approve" instead of "I disapprove" next time :confused

9. Reznor Administrator

^I'd show you how to fix the quote tags, but you'd probably neg rep me for it :wink

Anyway, the point is that you can't program it to understand what is a "good post" and what is a "bad post"

(Naota = NN which stands for "Ninjanerd" his former username)

10. Toiletnojutsu

11. Sayo

no real further comment on these things couse their all untrue ;]
    wow, realy, and i bet all your 2100 posts are perfect, don't critic people on their posts because i get mine the way the forum works. . . =\

the way you say "sayoko getting her posts" sounds kinda offensive, and im not a mod, you make it sound like i asked admins to add posts, that's ridiculous . . =\

12. Shikamaru-sama

Nope, but if you want to play that game i could always point out that if every single one of my posts was pointless spam, it still wouldnt scrape your number of the same :p

annnyway, i dont want to get into a fight

13. mgrace

If people post on this Forum just to see their post count get higher.... there missing the point of forums.. if you want to see your post go up.. it's probably better that you buy a self generating number generator to keep you happy... I think people complain and take the forum to seriously,, Come on...... get a grip

14. Crowe

Enough already. Sayoko's post count doesnt concern you.

15. Kyuubi Naruto

ﮎayoko has been here way longer then you purple so I dont see what the problem is. Maybe some people like posting? Maybe people just post alot perhaps?

16. Sayo

thnx pek, don't understand why some people have a grudge against people with larger postcounts than them, afterall like kyuubi said, people like me and moe have been here way longer than guys like purple, hmmm . . .

17. purpleshirtguy

lol this is the Question Section right? I'm just asking a question =]

Sorry, Im just using her (sorry I said him :() as an example because she has alot of posts.

Like I see her post in the FCs alot. When I post in the FCs, my post counts doesn't go up at all :crying

18. Lord Yu

Thats because posts in FCs don't count

19. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

*feels many a cold eyes staring at him* :ninja

I've been here quite awhile, although nowhere near as long as Moe and Celly :amuse

I'd like to think before found the convo threads that my posts actually had substance. Just be a bit more active in the forums and getting posts shouldn't be a big deal. It gets easier if you don't think of the forum as a place to just get posts, but as a community where people exchange thoughts and opinions and just plain interact.

PS...while I did get few (xD) of my posts from the convo threads, the general thrashing of them (as well as a few game threads :S) have lead to well over 3,000 post drop in my overall count :xp

So..my number isn't as inflated as you'd think :wink

20. wolfman_120

She posts in a hell of a lot of other places too you know

21. Sayo

it's ok you used me like an example, and posts don't count in the fc's, but i've been here for almost a year now, what makes you think that i posted in the same threads/area's as the last months, well lemme just tell you i used to post in threads like the convo's when the postcount we're still activated there, from convo 1 to 30 it's sayoko, sayoko, sayoko, sayoko, . ..

22. Jordy

23. OniTasku

Yay for Sayoko!! :dance

But yes, I can only imagine the amount of posting she did. It's just mind-boggling. :S

Although...not all posts in the Conversation Threads were spam. There are at sometimes very intellectual posts. Also, for the most part, it's not easy to make one word answers as there is a limit for the amount of characters in posts.

24. Meijin

I've seen lately people making posts like ; ''.....*smiley*.....'' . People can easily use one word posts by just adding ''......'' . =\

25. OniTasku

Really?

People actually post like that in the post-enabled forums? Well, that's pretty bad. I would, for one, never do that. I perhaps do that a few times in the convo threads, but only because I know that it's for fun and you don't get posts there anymore. Although, I usually tend to take the threads seriously when I get posts for it.

26. Gooba

27. Leto

Um you mean Sayoko and it would actually be a she. And here's an opinion: I think the forum should have a grammar system so it's not as difficult to read some of this mindless garble. This isn't directed at anyone but I've been noticing alot of shitty mistakes and other things that were learned in 4th grade. It's an eyesore.

28. Guranto

Ah you must mean some of those people out there who post like they have broken fingers and spell things like "I can b ur frend since Im new here 2!" in the introductions area and what not....

AOL-erspeak is not Forum compatable. ><

29. Sayo

30. Ah B

This thread has become a question of posts worth more than one post to how successful Sayoko is at posting...xD

And purpleshirtguy, it seems have you more than 220, 000 posts now. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.