1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Post-Swarm Wars and LoTF Luke and the Marvel Universe

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Fang, May 30, 2007.

1. Fang Titan

With prep and then again without prep tiime, who is the single most powerful being he can beat in Marvel?

Don't post if you have no idea about EU Luke's feats and abilites.

Tags:
  2. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

Well, first of all, despite all the power EU Luke can command, he's no cosmic in terms of Galactus, the Cosmic Cubes, or the Celestials.

Let's start around say. . . Silver Surfer and work our way down.

3. Fang Titan

Luke has a chance at Silver Surfer? Or in general those below? Because I don't see Luke far away from the Herald level.

I hate double posting but this is for a rather good cause. CBG, can you please return and elaborate on this for me?

4. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

The Force and the Power Cosmic are comparable, more or less. EU Luke is one of, if not arguably the most powerful, Force Adept in SW history. His feats approaches cosmic level, highest.

Think of it this way. Are there feats which SS can not duplicate from Luke and vice-versa?

5. Fang Titan

Well yes your correct. But I think the power cosmic slightly trumps on the Force with transmutation and all. Or is that an ability unique only to the Silver Surfer?

6. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

Though, the Force is nonetheless impressive itself. Still, it's not as versatile as the Power Cosmic, and does have an effect on the body.

Like when Luke created an illusion which nearly burnt himself out.

All Heralds of Galactus (and perhaps the Primordial Beings) can command the Power Cosmic -- it's one of the fundamental energies of the universe.

7. Fang Titan

They are still comparable in power and scope how ever. Luke being burnt out by shielding a whole planet was the first time he ever attempted using Force Illusion was something that was strenous to him. That's why his face temporarily melted in its form?

Doesn't make much sense though since he shielded a whole damn planet and suffered no ill effects from it.

Not all Heralds are equal however when it comes to the strength/skill tier as indicated as the Silver Surfer is the strongest. Still, are you saying anything below the Silver Surfer is beatable by Luke?

8. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

Indeed. I'm puzzled over that myself.

Well, EU Luke arguably approaches nigh-cosmic to cosmic, around there. Street level characters would pose little to no trouble to him. City level characters, I'd have to think about -- I don't have a perfect memory and am able to recall them all.

Thor would also be a good benchmark as well.

9. Fang Titan

Which Thor? I hope note Ultimate...

As to the Luke feat, CBG, that has to have been retconned if Luke could shield a planet, suffer no ill effects. Because planets >>>>>>> starfighters.

10. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

616 Thor. The well-known, modern age incarnation (not the Odinforce, Rune King Thor)

I suppose. Or perhaps it's due to the different applications of the Force. Who knows. . .

11. Rangamaru Obito Killed The Uchiha Clan

The force is very comparable to cosmic--people have come back from the dead using it. However, thor would be a better benchmark. Silver Surfer is too broken to deal with.

12. Fang Titan

Luke has also withstood the power of black holes. What about if he was in the possession of the Kaiburr crystal? That was stated to make any Force user essentially omnipotent and all powerful.

If he was equipped with it, as you stated, essentially already the most powerful Force user (but definetly easily in the top 3), what would that make him?

13. Soul Vibe Formerly known as Espada

14. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

He was in one?

As I remember it, it was the narration, along the lines like "so deeply rooted in the Force not even a black hole could move him."

Omnipotent?

Now THAT I'm skeptical of.

Probably around Cosmic Cube level, give or take.

15. Fang Titan

More or less what I meant, which still a rather impressive feat.

Omnipotent may have been a misjudgement as an adjective statement to use to describe him with it's power but he would easily nigh omnipotent with it's power.

This is the cannon description of it's power and useage.

Sounds about right, Luke's power multiplied a thousandfold would be essentially Godly, would it not?

Possible.

16. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

I wouldn't call that a feat, seeing how there was no black hole at all to physically demonstrate it. I'd classify it as an. . . extent of the power that he wields, for lack of an adequate description at the moment.
    Nigh-omnipotent, even that I'm still skeptical of. You could still do quite a bit, being nigh-omnipotent -- a step up from wide-scale reality warping. Cosmic to high cosmic, I'd say.

Indeed. Cosmic, at least.

Well, Cosmic Cube is reality warping.

17. Fang Titan

So with the Kaiburr Crystal, where would that put him over-all at? We both agree Luke is essentially the epitome of power in the SW EU after the DE and debetable with the current LoTF series.

But it was stated by Lucas that their power would increase a 1000 fold explicitly in Splinters of Mind's Eye. So if current Luke was empowered with this, where would you see him at?