1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're having technical difficulties with regards to support tickets.
    Please refrain from starting any new tickets for now. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Post time skip: Arm wrestling match, Sakura vs Lee

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Lochen, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Lochen

Who would win this one without anything special thrown in, no gates opened, no alcohol consumed, no chakra released, just a straight up arm wrestling match!

Tags:
  2. Mat?icha

pft. super human strength or taijutsu master. if no chakra use, i say lee wins.

3. Mercury Koopa

Sakura takes the cake.

4. Insipidipity

What do you mean by "no chakra released"? I mean, both of them use quite a bit of chakra in their movements. By "released" do you mean expelled from their tenketsu? Or what?

5. Lochen

What I mean is nothing like Kabuto's medical ninja skills or a clone or anything that would be beyond the act of a normal arm wrestling match. Basically, just strength, no interferance. It would be the same as you are arm wrestling me and I smack you in the head as were going...

6. Tsuuga

I was under the impression that Sakura's strength lay in the chakra she channels into her punches. That doesn't affect her arm-wrestling skills, does it?

7. omg laser pew pew!

Sakura channels her chakra into her fist before releasing it, it doesn't show if she's capable of increasing other physical attributes

8. Insipidipity

Tsunade used it in her finger to flick away Naruto a hundred feet. Thats more than enough versatility to apply to arm wrestling.

9. earthshine

the first poster said no chakra release, so lee takes it.

sakura does NOT have superhuman ANYTHING, she and tsunade release bursts of chakra when they strike, making it look like their hits are what cuased all the damage.

lee is in a FAR superior physical condition to sakura, so without any chakra use, lee takes it easily.

10. TheoDerek

No, the method Tsunade and Sakura use is focused on releasing the chakra on impact.

First the focus a large amount of chakra to their fist(or in the above case, finger) and when their fist(or finger) connects with the opponent they release this chakra.

It has almost nothing to do with muscles.

With that said Lee would easily take this.

EDIT:...What earthshine said....>_>

11. Jun'ichi

12. ~Redchaos325~

I think Sakura, with her new training and super human strength, Lee would go down. Although if he opens his gates, it would be a closer match i think.

13. jameshawking

look in my sig. She has strength other than in her punches. The question is if it's all chakra, or a mix.

14. Terrence Urameshi

LMAO. this would be funny. If Lee doesn't get her mad, he stands a chance. Lee seems really really frail, but I still give it to him.

15. Woozie

Actually Lee can't mold any chakra, he converts his stamina straight into his muscles.

Anyway: It's unknown how the drunken fist style affects Lee's dodging, but if he can dodge Kimimaro's bone dance pretimeskip, he has no trouble at all dodging Sakura's punches post-timeskip.

Lee wins, super-strength or not.

16. Kakuzu

Since they aren't allowed to use Chakra, I'm going to say its Lee.

17. Kaki

Lee would lose due to his feelings for sakura...

18. Leader G Zer0

lee could pick a tree root out of the ground during the chunin exams effortlessly, and 2.5 years later sakura is a little stronger than lee was then in muscle. over the 2.5 years lee's muscle must've grown X amounts. LEE WIns

19. Gohan

If its just focusing chakra on impact, how the hell does Tsunade carry Gamabunts sword around like that? Tsunade must also have the ability to create chakra into temporary strength because carrying around that huge ass sword like that requires more than focusing a large amount of chakra to her hands then releasing it on the sword because the sword would just lift up for only a second.

Therefore you are wrong, so stop acting as if you know how her ability works...At least say you think or something, because talking with such confidence confuses people and leads them to think it as fact that was given in the manga.

20. Ae

sasra for sure

21. Insipidipity

22. King_Rollo

Is that supposed to be Sakura? If so, you did a poor job.

I vote Lee, he is the man.

But Udon could beat both of them.

23. TheoDerek

In the manga she doesn't pick the sword up. All you see is her and the sword in mid air(and she isn't holding it, she is kneeling on it). Then on the next page the sword falls on Manda's head and Tsunade is standing on it.

Here is how it most likely went.

Step one: The sword is in the ground and Tsunade punches it to make it launch into the air.

Step two: She is kneeling on the sword in mid air.

Stp three: Just as the sword is about to connect with Manda, Tsunade uses a Chakra kick and gives the sword more force.

Here are the pictures for reference. And here is Kakashi's explanation of Sakura and Tsunade's strength. Kakashi: "She builds up the maximum amount of chakra in her fist, then releases it in an instant..."

24. omg laser pew pew!

To add onto what Sasuke3759 said, don't compare Sakura to Tsunade. Sakura is still Tsunade's apprentice, obviously Tsunade would have more tricks up her sleeve

25. Insipidipity

Um...might want to pick up a physics book, or read the manga yourself. Naruto needed a Kage Bunshin to manuever in midair. It's impossible, even with all the strength in the world, to have changed the direction or force while holding on. And if she did give the sword even a remotely small amount of extra momentum and then let go, the necessary force would've rocketed her back up into the atmosphere.

26. TheoDerek

What is the point of this post? It has nothing to do with the topic.

Me reading the manga is irrelivant to your argument, so either use the insult correctly or don't use it at all.

And in all truth, I don't care at this point.

My explanation was just to show that Tsunade didn't pick up the sword, nor did she swing it. It was as simple as that.

27. Insipidipity

It is important because if I had just said to pick up a physics book, you'd probably bitch that Naruto doesn't follow real world physics, so I made a reference to the manga...

And your explanation was incorrect because she did lift the sword, although GotS was also wrong. She did have to convert her chakra into a form that is comparable to the strength used in arm wrestling. Yes you can arm wrestle with explosive power.

So it is relevant, and it is spelled "relevant".

28. Gohan

You dont see it happen because its a manga, therefore it only consists of panels. Tell me If i see Naruto molding rasengan then suddenly the next panel he is in mid air 3-5 metres infront of his original position and about to hit someone, does that mean Naruto teleported 3-5 metres?

Tsunade didn't do the sequence your assuming she did. The anime has supervision from Kishimoto so the anime if wasn't sure about how the sequence would work out they woulnd't of done that. Even if Kishimoto didn't supervise it what makes you think that your more right than the anime on how that sequence actually was suppose to look like?

On my first reply i basically said its not just releasing chakra on impact etc or else how does Tsunade carry the sword. Your explanation of how Sakura punched the rock is one way for destroying rocks etc but Tsunade must have another way to hold strength temporarily. Because she IS holding the sword. Your own picture that you gave us showed this.

Spoiler: Chap. 170, Pg.18

the last panel she is clearly holding it.

29. Gohan

30. Insipidipity

First, she didn't carry it around, she lifted it up. Second, that isn't the only way she could do it. For one thing, she wouldn't concentrate it on her hands, she'd concentrate it to her feet. And given enough force over time, the amount of force that keeps it to the ground could be insignificant enough to hold it under at all, let alone within a second.

Think about it like a spring, even if it is constantly pushing against you, if you punch it hard enough, it can compress all the way because despite the increasing amounts of force, the velocity needed to be altered from the transferred momentum would be so large that even the large amount of acceleration from the force of the spring would not be able to stop it in time before it hits, a similar argument is applicable here.

Comon now, this is basic kinematics...

Anyways, so while she doesn't convert it into the kind of strength you speak of, she can convert it into force thats applicable to arm wrestling.

Furthermore, Lee's strength is also derived heavily from chakra. While he may work very hard, most of it seems to be going into developing his stamina for chakra rather than real muscular strength(hence why Sasuke noticed the chakra in his arm and also why he isn't massively buff. It's also why Sasuke could copy his speed without building up years of training, since he would only need to copy the chakra movements in the legs). In fact, I'd say at least 99% of real shinobi in Naruto rely on chakra for physical abilities than actual muscular strength that guys like the gangsters Gatou hired used.