1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Post you 3D Mark scores

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by Raziel, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Raziel

Ok, post your 3D Mark scores (2001, 2003, 05, any of them) and your specs for your CPU, video card and RAM. I'll start...just changed my video card from a 9600XT to a 9800SE (which I softmodded into a 9800 Pro). So far I've only tested it in 3D Mark 2003...because I don't have 2005 at the moment.

3D Mark 2003: 5489

CPU: Athlon XP 2400+ (crap...explains the somewhat low score)
    Video Card: Mentioned above
    512 MB Ram Single Channel (crap again)

So, start posting...

P.S.: If there is a similar thread (though i searched and there seemed to be none), then, mods, trash the thread.

Tags:
  2. Wing-Zero

11211 was mine if i remember correctly

3. Ssj3_Goku

I cannot wait to test mine out when my vid card gets in ( my last part i ordered )

AMD anthlon 64 3200+
    768 megs of ddr400mhz ram CL-3 ( i plan to get 2 512's so i can run duel channel mode )
    DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
    ATI Connect 3d X800XL 256 meg PCI express VIdeo card .

I cannot wait to test these out! WOOT!

for u pc games remeber duel channel does not run in 754 socket motherboards.

4. Wing-Zero

oh my specs lol amd 3700+ 1gb of corsair xms ram i think its ddr 400a asus a8n-sli deluxe mobo and a nvidia 6800 ultra

5. Raziel

Man...you guys have super-computers !!!!

6. Makubex_GB

My score is 13647. Here's a pic:

7. Wing-Zero

I WILL BEAT U (eventually >.>)

8. Makubex_GB

In the words of Don Kan'onji... Bohahahahahaha!!!! :nana

...err, why is there no Don Kan'onji smily yet??? I DEMAND A BOHAHAHAHA DON KAN'ONJI SMILY!!! :wink

P.S. I know the subtitles say "Bwahahahahaha", but it doesn't really sound like "Bwa" to me, to me is more like "Bohahaha" or "Boohahahaha". :p

9. EDhg

Haven't tested yet. But I doubt I'll score high.

Pentium 4 2.4gHz
    512ram
    nVidia FX5200

10. aktee67

I don't think my computer is strong enougth to run 3d mark!! LOL!!

IBM Thinkpad 600e
    433mhz
    293mb pc66 ram
    4mb of video memory

oooh!! and yes - it is strong enought to run Windows XP without freezing. Actually, it runs pretty well. Most important tho - I can run ZSNES on it.

11. Ssj3_Goku

hehe Makubex_GB are CPU's are better than ur pt4 3.2 HT :p

A u either have better ram than us with better timming and a better vid card. though the x800XL is up their with the 6800GT

plus the system i posted only cost me about 700 bucks pretty cheap for a great gaming pc :)

If u get a 6600 GT like around 150 u will see a big performance increase.. alough i would not go higher than that because i think u will be bottlenecked.

get another 512 ram and make sure its the same etc . i mean u can get 512 from 30 to 60 bucks easy and the cpu will i would sugguest u get a new one like a AMD 3000+ will blow that away and it cost like 130 bucks for a 939 socket i think.

but if u dont play games like half life 2 doom 3 or battefeild 2 then dont worrie.

plus on the newer edtion of auqua mark it would be lower than using the 2003 version or maybe higher.

i mean go here and look people with some specs like mine acculy a little better and above are getting scores in the 5 to 7k range

i know this is all not nessacary but since this PC section is not active enough i like to give some info on other places that are.

12. staradderdragoon

man i have a crap computer compared to this. but one thing. if you have the money to get an x800, why dont you get 2 gigs of ddr2?

13. Wing-Zero

just wait till i rob a bank then i can beat u

14. Makubex_GB

Actually My P4 LGA 775 540 3.2GHz CPU is about as good as your Athlon64 3200+, it mostly depends on the application, but my CPU is OCed to 3.85GHz, that's why it's faster. And my video card is an X850 XT, also OCed to 560/594. :cool

I posted the specs of my rig in the "Post your hardware" thread.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  15. staradderdragoon

h/o. the x850xt is out already? since when? bottlenecked? you have all that hardware. if ur going to follow ssj3's advice, then i also suggest upgrading to ddr2. 2 gigs should suffice. but u could go overkill like my friend and put 3 gigs. or maybe 4. i dont remember.

16. Makubex_GB

err... the X850 XT has been out for quite some time now, almost a year I think. Umm and I'm not sure if you were talking to me, but I do have DDR2, and I recently upgraded to 2GB too.

17. staradderdragoon

oh. because i read an article about how it just came out like a couple of months ago. but awesome. 2 gigs of ddr2.

18. Makubex_GB

Yeah, I won the other gig of RAM from a giveaway at the forum, check it out: Randomly picked winner for DDR2 :smile-big

19. Ssj3_Goku

the thing about ddr 2 .. its really not that great to get yet because ur not taking full advantage of it in games.. mainly just graphics and cad work.. highest DDr ram is 500 ( yes i am seen it) and u can overclock ur ram as well and lan party motherboards are the best in overclocking anything.

plus ur overclocked p4 ( i seriously hope u have good cooling lol overclokgin a pt4 is not smart) i can overclock my 3200 plus to at least 3700 + speeds even 3800 + which in gaming smacks ur pt4 .. now in apps u have me beat to a certain extent but not that much.

plus about the 2 gigs.. it does help and really does not hence only differances u would notice are in MMORPGS sometimes but its still good mainly high end games of today dont use more then 768 megs or take full advantage of the 2 gig i should say. 1 gig running duel mode ( have to have the same lateceny and same ram etc) would perform just as good as 2 gig running in normal mode.

plus about ur vid card ur talking about the overlocks ram dac and mem clock correct?

plus another thing about my cpu.. its cheaper! :p

20. Makubex_GB

LoL, you're talking to me as if I were a noob to computers.:p Why do you think most of my post are made here in the Tech Department?
    First off, I never said my CPU was better than yours, I was just explaining why I got a higher 3D Mark Score. If we compare both our CPUs, I know yours will be a little faster in gaming and mine will be a little faster in multitasking, encoding, decoding, rendering, etc., that's nothing new to me.
    2nd of all, I've got good air cooling on my CPU, and it is smart to overclock it if you know what you are doing.
    3rd, I also know that in general Athlons are better for gaming, and recently AMD has the lead on pretty much every field thanks to the new cores and X2's.
    4th, DDR2 is not mainly for graphics and cad work, it was just slower than DDR at first because of its slow timings (CAS Latency, etc), but lately it has been improved a lot and is pretty much around the fastest memory on the market now. By the way, the highest DDR right now (as far as I know) is not DDR 500, I've seen it (lol). Just like I also know the highest DDR2 right now is (PC2-8000) DDR2 1000MHz! Not only that, DDR2 also runs at much lower voltages making it more compatible, safer and cooler. This way you are not obligated to buy a DFI Lanparty or a OCZ Memory Booster if you want to run that memory at those speeds.
    5th, you've gotta catch up on the games man. I know until not long ago 1GB was more than enough to play any game smooth, but lately things are changing. Now a days you need more if you want to run the latest games silky smooth, and anyone that has played Battlefield 2 would agree. Run the game and check out your page file, you'll see what I mean. But just so you know, I only had 1GB of RAM when I ran that 3DMark03 benchmark.
    6th, when OCing the video card I increase the Core Clock and memory clock speeds, not the RAMDAC. :cool

Edit: Here's a pic of my system so you can see what my cooling setup:

I was able to overclock my CPU to 4GHz with that setup, I also have pics of the results if you're interested.

21. Wing-Zero

yes i want to see a pic with the results of the 4ghz oc

22. Makubex_GB

As you wish, Sasuke-kun.

23. Ssj3_Goku

that is nice but pt4's are not great overclockers i mean u do need nice cooling to keep them down..

nice system setup etc. abou the ram i can see ur point in it but the only time i ever notice a little slow down is in 64 player CS maps. i will get 2 gig of ddr 400 mhz running duel mode sooner or later they are getting really cheap now a days.

plus i was not refeearing to u as a noob or anything i just wanted to say abou the ram etc because how the other poster asked me why did i not get ddr 2.. to me i dont see the need for it yet.

the big games that i play are Half life 2 ( hehe the sig) CS S, Bf2 and some mmorpgs. and GUNbound! JAJAJA..

one question how hot is the cpu? i mean i seen overclocked pt4's and if the cooling is not right u can fry a freaking egg on them! plus do u have a pic of the other sides of u r case? looks sexy ( im building a second pc for a linux server box )

24. Makubex_GB

That's not true, P4 are great Overclockers. I did that with just air cooling and my temps stayed around 44C idle and 60C load. Considering that is a prescott core P4 and what it can handle, those temps are pretty good. You can search around and see people who have OCed their P4 to 6+GHz. I dunno know where u got the idea that P4 are not great overclockers, because they are. As with all CPUs some models are better for OCing than others.

Thanks, is a Thermaltake Tsunami case.

25. Ssj3_Goku

true just when i see an overclock AMD compared to an overclock intel the intel is usally not that great compared to the Amd thats why i got an 3200+ .

air cooling? how many fans etc? because if u have ur pc on all the time overclocked like that its kinda hard to belive that it stays at those temps.. but that is a nice core..

Cool case when i get my pics up i will post them in here.

right now i have on my case 1 fan on the top blowing out , 1 on the side blowing in 1 on the back ( i think its blowing out or in i forget ( im on mylaptop) and of corse the PSU fan deul faned i should say. I have the option to add 1 more on the back and 2 in the front but i will lsee what happens later with the heatsink i purchased.

I just like how AMDS HTT tech is compared to the Ht in pt4's as well plus the 64 bit stuff is nice .

oo yea what heatsink u got can u link it for me? thx.

26. staradderdragoon

one thing. can you overclock all P4's? i tried overclocking mine, and it totally went berserk. Makubex, so the original speed was 3.6? and u upped it to 4? wow. it must be hot. i was wondering, how efficient is liquid cooling? is it much better than air cooling?

27. Ssj3_Goku

^ no his base was 3.2... its really not hard to increase it that high . right voltage etc.. just have to be careful and do it correctly.

all pt4's can overclock u just have to do it right etc to much will cause a blue screen or will not go on at all.

LC is nice . but hella expensive.

28. Makubex_GB

Like I said before, some models are better for overclocking than others, like for example the Athlon64 Winchester core socket 939, this one didn't overclock that much, that's one of the advantages of the recently released Athlon64 Venus core, as this one is a much better overclocker.
    Fans on my case: I have one 120mm intake fan at front, one 90mm intake fan on side panel, one 120mm exhaust fan at back and the 120mm exhaust fan on the PSU. I also have a two 120mm fans inside my case (as you can see in the pic), one on top of the video card and one on the CPU heatsink. My video card also has an installed on it, which also serves as a exhaust fan.

My CPU heatsink is a , although light, is pretty big, so make sure it's compatible with your motherboard before buying it.

You don't have to keep defending your CPU, hehe, I know Athlon64s are good. Like I said before, until not long ago P4's were better for pretty much anything but gaming, but AMD has changed that with their new releases. AMD has definitely taken over the CPU world. For my next built (which is probably going to be a CrossFire rig) I am going with an AMD CPU. Which one, depends on my budget. I only wish there were AMD motherboards that supported DDR2. :rolleyes:

Edit: Yes, I keep my CPU overclocked at 3.85GHz all the time and the temps stay as stated before. Is not hard to believe really. :)

29. Makubex_GB

Nope, I overclocked it from 3.2 to 4.0GHz. :amuse

30. Ssj3_Goku

cool sounds good my desktop shoulod be up and running again starting tomorow! WOOT!