1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Poster Age and Interest Questions

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Raiden, Jul 26, 2018.

How old are you currently?

1. Below 10 years of age.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. 11-14 years of age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 15-19 years old

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. 20-24 years old.

25 vote(s)
    39.1%
  5. 25+ years of age

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  1. Raiden .....

I had a conversation with a long time friend here, and we discussed that a lot of posters have gone inactive. We were also talking about the appeal of Boruto to certain age groups.

I'm curious- would you guys be able to share how old you are currently? I think it would be interesting to see more info about the age group of the online community here, specific to Boruto. Back in the day, we could have folks older than 30+ as regular posters, and people as young 11.

Could you also share when you started following the "Naruto" franchise (manga or anime)? I personally starting watching Naruto during the 1st Konoha invasion arc. In 2012, I started college and posted a lot less frequently but I'm back now.

Mods, hope this is ok :ano.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. pat pat Well-Known Member

And I am a dark emo young man
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

3. Xel

I'm 27 (almost 28) and I started Naruto in 2007 when my cousin showed it to me. I have no clue why I'm still here :catshivers

Btw my cousin's 10 y. o. son is also into Naruto/Boruto :catskully

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

21. I think I started watching in 2006 when I was in 5th grade or something. Then lurked the site starting in like 2009. Then I think I made a different account in 2010, but then I forgot my log in info and made a new account and got banned for having multiples accounts I think. Then I made this one. Naruto used to be my favorite thing in the world. All I did one summer when I was like 10 was watch Naruto all day and my mom got mad and forced me outside :lmao.

5. Raiden .....

Awesome. I started Naruto around the same time (I think mid to late 07). I also feel that way at times but it's so cool to connect with folks around the world here.

One my cousins around that age also watches the anime. Refuses to read the manga lol :oldryoma.

Ahhhh I also watched the anime fillers in part one. Cleared them out in about two weeks. Had no idea at the time that they weren't cannon :lmao :lmao. I lurked for most of 07 and then made an account. Konoha Telegrams was fiery in activity back then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. pat pat Well-Known Member

7. Xel

I went to a uni in 2007 and it turned out that quite a few people there were fellow fans. One of my fellow students was a Kakashi cosplayer :catskully He got me free convention tickets. And my first online Naruto communities were elsewhere. I used to be a Deidara fan back then, he and Sasori had so many fangirls :catshivers

My nephew likes playing Storm games and drawing his own designs for seals, MS etc. I don't think he consistently watches or reads it as much as he reads about it online.

8. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    I'm 40, almost 41. Started Naruto when I was 23 I think.
    I discovered Naruto by accident. Was looking for an old series I watched, thought it was Naruto. It wasn't. ( Still didn't find that series I was looking for. )

Still, I watched Naruto, the anime was in its very early stage : The forest of death. Expected the series to end in 40 episode. Boy I was wrong. I started to read the manga just before the Sasuke Rescue Arc and it almost made me drop the series.

Eventually, my friends started to watch. Buddies would pick my mangas to read Naruto, even my sis would read it.

I bought a GameCube to play Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2. Bought 3 & 4. Took a PS2 to play Narutimate Hero.

In term of characters there wasn't any character I liked more than another, I was more attracted to the flow of the narrative and the world of the ninjas. When I say world, I mean geography.

Still, wondered why that shy girl was in Episode 1, but not in chapter 1. Was bugging me.

As far as being a forum member, I joined 13 years ago to seek spoilers. When the war started, I became one of the spoiler translator and only stopped when the manga ended.

During Part 1, I was more of a fanboy. Like squee ... and jumping on my chair.

Watched all of the filler hell in part 1, which is around the time I came here regularly.

When part 2 started, I went to college to learn japanese and tried to read stuffs in japanese. Databooks, character books ... I even started to help a fansub team during the middle of part 1. I was inexperienced but it did a lot of good to me. I became interested in behind the scene stuffs, inspirations and the like. While the fanboyish passion from part 1 was gone, I became more interested in the author and how did he got to write Naruto the way he did.

The fanboyish passion came back in full force, 10 years after, when the anime Boruto started.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  9. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

I'm 21. While I did discover Naruto around 2005/2006, I only became interested in the franchise in 2010. I used to hear random conversations at school about who was stronger between Naruto and Goku, and thus saw what Naruto looked liked and lol'd. "This ginger looking Kid is being compared to Goku, lol". I checked out one of the episodes on TV ( I believe it was covering on of the chunin exam fights), but I could get interested because, stalling and time wasting in that particular episode was unappealing so I ignored it.

In 2010, I saw one of my cousins playing Ninja Storm 2, and that's when I discovered what was soon to be my favourite Character of all time and love of my life, Kiba Inuzuka. I watched him play though the a couple of the story missins in the game. After I decided to give Naruto a shot.

So, I began watching the anime from the start. Watched all the part 1 arcs and filler. Sasuke Retrieval arc and Chunin Exams were great. I began to see alot of potential in the Naruto series and my love for Kiba got too strong. I stated Shippuden, the first arc was good, but when I reached the sai and Sasuke arc, I began to realise the dip in quality. As I progressed through shippuden, it just got worse and worse and worse. I still wanted to give the series a chance because of the amount of potential. The Kage summit arc made me lose interest in Team 7 altogether. I switched to manga around that time, when it was in the war arc (still hoping for something good....but it just kept getting worse). I decided to only watch the anime when Kiba appears or in exceptional circumstances.

When the terrible war arc was nearing it's end, I found new hope in "The Last Naruto movie" that was announced. I thought that they couldn't possibly ruin the way the series ends. However, both the Naruto chapter 700 ending and the The Last Movie were so disappointing and pissed me off so much that I created an account on NF.

That's my story. :smoke

10. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

Ya I also thought they were all canon. I just saw Naruto randomly one day on Toonami and fell in love with it almost instantly. Never remembered hearing the word anime or manga before in my life. Then I remember one day seeing something called Naruto shippuden online and Naruto looked older and I was like THERE IS A PART 2 of this show!?! Then soon after that I found out that there was a manga that was even further ahead and I was shook...

11. Wrecked Baloney Mob Stan

I am turning 25 so I don't have to pick the last option in less than a month.

My brother in 4th grade got to choose a book for being a good student. He chose a Shonen Jump magazine because he saw Luffy (we watched some One Piece on tv). I checked out the magazine and I saw Naruto. It was chapters 88- 90. The chapters were amazing!
    Due to my Sailor Moon addiction and being unable to follow the series to date, I didn't start really following Naruto until Naruto went to that "mission" to stay out of the war. The early war arc was boring, so I stopped following for a bit, coming back when Naruto clones stole the manga! I was in another website forum. In fact, I made this account as a guessing game with my friend to see who can find the other first. (We gave up after a few days.) I realize that young me was stupid me, criticizing the chapters for dumb reasons. Though the war was really slow at times. After the series ended, I tried to leave the Naruto series. When Gaiden was announced, I tried to go back to the website, but it wasn't the same anymore... I lurked here for a while, finally coming here to post when the Boruto series would begin.

I hope to one day have all volumes, except for Naruto Gaiden, f*ck that piece of garbage for cucking Team Taka!

I say I'll drop the series if #TotalWuss becomes Mizukage, but I probably won't....

Dude, I still think you're actually that map.

12. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Started when I was 14 with the dubbed anime then binged the manga and became a weekly reader a year after. I was obsessed with Naruto in my teens and kinda went zombie mode for a few years till Madara showed up and reread the whole manga plus watched the first anime just to hype the manga's ending for myself. I reread the manga half a year ago. I kinda miss the feels of reading this series when it was fresh. Im going to binge shippuden once the dubbed anime is fully released (excluding filler arcs).

Right now, I read Boruto during its manga releases. Havent watched a single anime ep. I might start with the dub on a weekly basis or binge watch the sub once it gets to ep 100 or something.

13. balthosai :D

This forum can always count on me to be here whenever it's needed :zaru

14. Raiden .....

Ohh my God thank you for translating the spoilers :arg :arg :arg. I would constantly refresh the page whenever we got initial news lol. I also dropped the series early on for a bit. I think I watched 10 minutes of Naruto episode 1 as a kid, and it took me several years to get back into i again. Friends also a big influence, especially people that I went to middle school.

Yeah the story was so good back then! I was really fascinated after the first Konoha Invasion arc to see what would happen. Sasuke was secretly my favorite and then Naruto grew on me.

Glad that you are still enjoying things :pimp. Definitely agree that some exciting things are going on.

Hahhaha yeah I thought the Tony the Tiger thing was real :lmao :lmao. Some of the episodes were fairly decent but yeah I would have definitely watched less if I knew at that time : D. Episode 101 my favorite of all time from part one. Mind also blown when I heard of part two. I remember reading a chapter and thinking that the characters had grown so much older..it felt kind of like a mindtwist. I think I started reading part two during the Rescue Sasuke arc, just when Sasuke turned on Orochimaru.

lmao holy hell! my friends almost found me on NF once. They guessed that I was someone else in KL though. Was also addicted to Sailer Moon as a kid...I have a ton of the episodes on cassettees :argh. That's awesome that you got into it with your bro. I think my friends were a big part of making me interested back in 07.

Totally agreed that the war arc was supper slow sometimes. It was mind boggling to see how many chapters Obito fought with the protagonists. I think I skipped a few and had to go back to try rereading. Yeah the love hate relationship Kishi seems to have with Taka is trange. On one had, they got close to Sasuke, on the other, they get treated like filler despite pretty solid character designs. I hope they come into play later.

Yeah I also miss those big chapter releases ever week, especially when spoilers would first come out. I remember all hell broke loose when Itachi and Sasuke started to fight in the chapters, and thne the forum broke with the Obito reveal. I also haven't watched the anime too much, but I had to catch episode 65 after seeing the thread explode with activity. I might try to keep pace with it from now on. I honestly jumped through some parts of 66 though :lmao :lmao. That was something I spoke to a friend here about...we can't tell what exactly the broad gameplan is for the anime since there's such a huge difference with it and the manga.

Omg they can count me too :ruri. It looks like a lot of people have been hanging on for a while. We won't be alone!!!!.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Raiden .....

Hahaha I think Sasori and Deidara had a popular fanclub here too back then. Character designs were amazing. How was the convention? Never had a chance to to one. I bought a Naruto headband though :lmao. I think I walked home and wore it! :lmao.

Ahhh the games are really good- they remind me a lot of the earlier DBZ games that were extremely popular with young people. I loved playing the ninjastorm games with a few friends, even though I got my butt kicked a lot ha.

16. Avalon

Just turned 16 a few days ago, started Boruto this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Nep Nep Bedpost-Kun

Hah. Told you we don't have kids on NF!

Anyways. I started watching this when it came out.

18. Lord Trollbias Just Another Hero

Croatia, Nigeria
    Catdank Faction:
    21. Started watching Naruto back sometime around in 2005 because that and DBZ were pretty much the only anime they showed back in Nigeria and I loved it. During the big filler gap between Part One and Shippuden I picked up the manga and since I had invested so much time I decided to stick to it to the end. At first I was really into Shippuden but then Kage Summit then War threw me off badly but I had to stick with it to the end.
    I keep tabs on Boruto from time to time but its not something I go out of my way to watch.
    Started lurking the forums in 2013 but didn't make an account until 2015 because I wanted a place to discuss anime. Nowadays though I'm mostly holed up in the WWE thread or MHA sub-forum.

19. Majin Boo Moderator

Flag:
    Brazil
    I'm 33 almost 34. I started to follow the series when the anime made its debut in Japan (end of 2002).

20. Suekay Well-Known Member

I'm 30, didn't watch till I was 28 and was recommended it by a friend who'd watched it for years; because I was off sick from work, bored out of my mind and needed something to do....I was hooked within a few episodes. Prior to that I knew just about nothing about anime or manga!

21. Xel

Conventions are pretty fun. I even went to one this May. Meet a bunch of young Naruto fans who were surprisingly (to me) new to the franchise. Some of them got into it last year or so and managed to watch all of it :catskully

22. JuubiJigen Dank

Russia
    Started the series when it came over to the UK, at the time Suigetsu had just shown up in the manga, so I read and watched as episodes and chapters came out. It's funny watching Naruto now to me because I continue to relate to him now as an adult in the same way I did as a relatively unpopular kid in school who kept to themselves. Now we're both bloody swamped with work.

23. root eltiT resU motsuC

It's interesting reading everyone's origin stories here.

I'm 30, started watching back in ... 2003 ish? A friend from school forced his stack of burned dvd's on me after showing me Zabuza's death. The anime had almost finished the chuunin exams at the time. The first episode I watched weekly after I caught up was the one where Itachi first shows up.

It's been a while.

Lurked this forum a year before making an account. Since then I've had periods where I barely post, and times where I'm really active. Posting my fan edits and getting into weekly discussions about episodes and plot and whatnot. I creeped around the Bleach, HxH, general manga sections for a while. Now I'm mostly here to keep track of what the Boruto anime is up to and keep up with the news.

I watch Boruto arc by arc, so I'll catch up with the anime and manga again when the anime's movie arc is done. Meanwhile I'm slowly dragging my girlfriend through the Naruto series for the first time. Pain just died tragically. She's loving it. Mostly Kakashi... She's loving Kakashi... A lot :catmaddance

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  24. Sixth Ranger Well-Known Member

I’m 23, I discovered Naruto when it first aired on Toonami, so 2005 I think. I was 11 back then... geez.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  25. wisdom of a kage at seven Well-Known Member

I'm 24. I started following Naruto in fucking 2006, when it aired on national TV here in Italy. I grew up with Naruto, my affection to the series is big.

26. BlackGod Well-Known Member

Black (Haitian American) male

Started watching 2009 got introduce to it by my cousin she's four years older than me. I got my first copy of shounen jump the following year from her thats when I first read the manga. I've enjoyed it ever since.

27. HellFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Have always loved animation--especially action/adventure aimed at boys (girly toons are as bad as 'women's' movies imo!). Knew little about anime (nothing about manga) beyond old Robotech shows I saw in the 80s. Caught an episode of Naruto on CN early on, but just wondered why that kid had marks on his face and flipped the channel. Then came the weekend that CN ran a Naruto marathon--I think in 2006. I was immediately in love with the loud scruffy kid with the fox 'whiskers' and the rest is history. I was really excited to learn that there would be Naruto Shippuden with an older Naruto, went online to 'catch up' and found the manga.

Joined NF in 2008 after the first forum I joined all but shut down and have been here ever since.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  28. Boo-ray Moderator

22. Fell in love with it when it aired on Toonami around late 2005 or in 2006 I think. I was 10 and I looked forward to it every week. By the time I went to highschool, it was all damn near everyone was talking about, and it was around that time that I started watching the sub and reading the manga.

Good times. Good times. Can hardly believe I've been following this thing for more than half of my entire life, even if there were gaps where I gave it a break.:catdespair

29. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

I'm an 80's baby. Naruto was part of the In-flight advertisement on my way to Seattle, so the show grabbed my interest some 2006 I think.

sheeeit, pops.

30. HellFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

--and the rest of you are still chicks!!

And I'm the old hen!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List