1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Potential Hyuuga ability!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Kylinsky, May 29, 2007.

1. Kylinsky Member

Though I doubt we will ever see it..

If Genjutsu is the manipulation and control of someone elses chakra.. And through jyuuken someone can effectively control thier opponents chakra by means of increasing or decreasing the flow of chakra through the chakra points, as explained by Kakashi, then doesn't it seem possible that a Hyuuga could pull off many rudimentary genjutsu type effects by simple physical contact.

For Instance.. <Insert obligatory 8-trigrams technique> a series of strikes takes place, after which the opponent experiences blurred or perhaps doubled vision, distorted hearing and/or false echoes, loss of balance etc etc etc....

This seems like an ideal technique for a Hyuuga to learn, if they arent capable of mastering the complete chakra system shut down, or if they wanted to take a more eligant and subtle approach to hand to hand combat *cough*Hinata*cough*

Tags:
  2. mootz GB's Salamander

when i read potential hyuga ability i got happy....

i figure if kishi is gonna give the sharingan power up after power up he might as well give a decent clan something new. well something besides the Golden Byakugam, thats later.

3. Cirus Banned

Well I want to see other bloodlines get better abilities, but I think the manga has had enough with just the one bloodline getting so many powerups.

4. Crimson2Phoenix7 Banned

A Hyuuga with potential? Ha.

5. PradaBrada Banned

What would a Hyuuga do with with genjutsu, when with 1 jyuuken palm they send you straight to coffin?

6. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠ Nibbles on Nipples

hey, Hinabi kicks ass. You will never expect an ass whooping from her until it happens, potential making her the most dangerous character.

7. Pimp of Pimps But prostitute to all

At least more than 2 uchihashits are still alive.

8. Yellow Ho

I thought of an idea to expand on what we've already seen. His newest move should being Hakke-Kusho, he thrusts chakra out of his palms from a distance and violently shoves opponents. It would be cool if he could control these thrusts in any direction with the use of his eyes to guide them. Sort of like shooting a bullet and moving it at will with your vision. Perhaps even refine these bursts of chakra into finer attacks and close tenketsu points from a distance, or attack vital points.

9. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

True, but that may just mean they haven't spawned anyone strong enough to kill them all. Or...at least they haven't had someone go insane enough to do so.

Heh, if the number of clan members living was an indication of strength then I would have to believe the Kaguya were the weakest. :p

10. Crimson2Phoenix7 Banned

lol. aha. 1 of those Uchiha shits > hyuuga clan.

11. Pimp of Pimps But prostitute to all

They are.

I understand what you're saying.

but no. :)

12. Pein illest

potential hyuuga abilities its called golden byakugam

13. Almaseti <font color="red"><b>FC Ambassador</b></font>

I think that it would be limited in usefulness, because in that situation the hyuuga might as well just kill or paralyze the person they're attacking.

Plus, Kishi doesn't seem to like having the good guys use genjutsu. It requires too much explanation and it's not as dramatic because we rarely see the bad guy's perspective outside of flashback.

14. Pimp of Pimps But prostitute to all

no they already have that.

15. Kylinsky Member

There is no evidence than any Uchiha can beat any Hyuuga.. for all you know the Byakugan is completely immune to the sharigan... Im baffled as to how that even entered this conversation to tell ya the truth lol...

Anyways... Byakugan is a tool for insight.. and it is at the highest limit of that ability. There is no room for advancement in that area outside of increasing the range, which is the skill of the user and not the ability itself. So the best that can be done is unique ways the user can use that insight on his enemies and himself..

Neji's long range attack was prolly developed off his blind spot defense tactic where he focused his chakra into that area to deflect the incoming arrow into his field of vision. Logic would dictate that he could attack from any part of his body, seeing that is how his defense works, but stylistically it looked more forceful coming from a palm thrust.

But thats Neji.. his attacks *must* be different in style and application than Hinata's, or else they should rename her Diet-Neji.

16. Shinkirou Lord of the Eclipse

The next stage of the the byakugan is the GB, the next stage of the sharingan is omnipotency.

17. vagnard Well-Known Member

If it wasn't showed it didn't happen.

18. jhin22 Yellow Flash of Konoa

Lol i hope they show us some new hyuuga techniques but seeing that neji is a good guy he wont be as HYPED as the bad guys.

19. gabha GB's Norman

You realize you just admitted that those Uchihas are shit?

20. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

a good way to use byakugan is to use the eye genjutsu that paralizes the enemy. neji or hinat could paralize someone from a mile away or a whole group of ninja surrounding them

jyuken could also be used for healing/buffing purposes and i think it's semi canon since the explanation given in the chuunin exam kinda gave that vibe

21. Mercury Smile ?ᴥ?

^ I don't think Byakugan can do any eye techniques like Sharingan could.

Anyway can someone tell me about the Golden Byakugan? Where did the idea come from like when and who said it in the manga, and if anyone knows what the abilities are.

22. Kylinsky Member

Its actually been said that Genjutsu can be introduced through any of the 5 senses, I think by Shikamaru, so i'm suprised that the Hyuuga havent cornered the market on the sense of touch induced genjutsu.. Sense they forcefully close off the chakra points, it would be much harder or even impossible to dispell the effects, and *gasp* work on the chakra fueled Sharigan.. but alas, this is all just wishfull thinking...

Oh and golden Byakugan was completely fanfiction, seems to be more of a running joke than anything really... I mean doesnt Byakugan translate into 'White Eyes'... doesnt make sense to turn it gold heh.. not unless they open up a 3rd chakra eye in the center of the forehead that happens to be gold! now that would be kind of cool to see

23. Sasuke_Bateman Well-Known Member

Potential Hyuuga ability? The sharingan.