1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention contest participants:

Voting will officially be done by polls in GOTW and POTW. However, poll options are limited, so sometimes they will be split between 2 polls. Don't forget to vote in both!

Thank you, loves.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  6. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

PotW 75 -- 1st Choice Votes

Discussion in 'Photo of the Week' started by Azeruth, Aug 11, 2019.

Tags:

Best choice?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2019.
  1. 01

26.7%
  2. 02

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 03

6.7%
  4. 04

6.7%
  5. 05

13.3%
  6. 06

13.3%
  7. 07

33.3%
  8. 08

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Azeruth Global Moderator

PotW 75
    1st Choice Vote

This week's theme was Freestyle.

View entries here:

Please vote for your first choice in this poll. Your vote will have a weight of 2.
    And vote for your second choice in the 2nd choice votes poll. Your vote there will have a weight of 1.

Note:
    • You cannot vote for yourself
    • You cannot vote the same entry for both polls
    • Please post comments and constructive criticism in this thread

Tags:
  2. Marie

Pretty classical but always efficient (effective?). The contrasts (shadows/lights; shades of blue/grey) are nice and well rendered (not sure of the word here).

3. Mysticreader

First, nice and diverse 8 entries. Appreciate all of them and excellent job everyone :thumbsup

Entry 1 - Nicely taken shot. There is a kind of haunting feel arising from the towering leafless trees of the left and the thicker trees of the right surrounding the building in the centre. Those untended dried plants(?) and muddy greenish looking pond/lake water feeds into this eerie vibe. The angle taken is also interesting since there appears to be a partition with the left skies being bright and the right skies being darker, almost following the different tree types. The bench seems just strategically put for one to ponder over this curious but attention drawing sight. Nice.

Entry 2 - Not sure but is this an actual garden light? In any case, it makes for a nice sight of a lighthouse on land. Quite a detailed work, looking creative, interesting and cute. Almost obscures the other details in the photo. For one, the owl at the back is nice too and the angle making it seem like staring at the tower ahead is kind of funny.

Entry 3 - Nice closeup focusing on a single flower. The yellow bloom amidst the green looks and feels warm. Positive and pleasing.

Entry 4 - Quint antique feel and the folding camera(?) itself makes for an interesting choice(camera taking a camera shot) and theme(old vs modern) to showcase. Looks "simple" yet creative.

Entry 5 - Calming and breezy, a nice landscape shot. More drawn to the skies though, the darkening clouds and signs/specks of sunset interspersed among the horizon is lovely.

Entry 6 - I like that is a sports/action related photo since iirc, this is the 1st of one this year(?). Weather seems cool and the rainbow "gracing" the baseball game makes this a pleasing sight :blobtimistic

Entry 7 - Another nicely taken shot focused on the sky. Fluffy clouds, azure blue skies, swirling mists and the peeking of the sun at the top. Relaxing and calming vibe, reminds me of just basking out in the open enjoying a quiet day :catbed

Entry 8 - Pet photos! Twinkling eyes, tongue sticking out, it's all very cute. The dog looks happy and I feel happy just looking at this photo. All round warm and positive vibes, very nice.

Difficult choices to make, some are really well taken but others seem more unique/fresh :psyduck

Entry 1 for my top choice and Entry 7 for my 2nd choice. All the best everyone.

4. Azeruth Global Moderator

My first choice vote went to Entry 06. A nice shot of a ballgame that might not otherwise be that extraordinary but the rainbow in the background adds a lot to the shot for me~

My second choice vote went to Entry 01. The dojo itself looks kinda mysterious in the background. I like the neat little bench in the front of the photo too, it's kinda like you can watch the dojo from the bench~

5. Gin

very fond of the flower closeup, surprised i was the only vote for it tbh :shocked

voted clouds for #2 'cause i love clouds