1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Prince Of Tennis

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Takahashi Ryosuke, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Takahashi Ryosuke

I wonder if anyone watches it? If you don't kanow anything about it then go here Prince Of Tennis.com

Tags:
  2. Kurupt_kun

I've read some of the manga, but I've never seen the anime. Despite it being about tennis (something I really don't like), I like the manga pretty well.

3. mcmaster

well if you like tennis and you like naruto. you will probably like prince of tennis. the tennis matchs are sort of like naruto battles. drawn out, indepth, with lots of strategy, techniques and flashbacks with explanation. over all I thought it was pretty good. One character named fuji is almost like rurouni kenshin with a tennis racket. quite amusing actually

4. kevin77

I love tennis very much. This is probably why i don't like Prince of Tennis. Some of the moves they pull in that series are disgraces to the sport.

5. Kurupt_kun

I know exactly what you mean. I'm the same way with basketball and this basketball manga I once read made me want to tear the thing in half.

6. mcmaster

I must agree with that as well. i play some tennis but never have been very fanatical about sports. however, i dont try to think about it just take it for what its worth. The made up evil bad guy tennis players out to get you and breaking all laws off physics tennis moves. definitely not like really tennis, but hey its a show. hmm, I guess the main reason though that naruto is so badass though is you cant be a ninja that jumps tree to tree evereyday :)

7. mongooseboi

i play tennis, but your statements surprise me a lot. the crazy shots that the PoT players hit are really funny to me, and most of the time i laugh at how ridiculous it is, but its all out of good humor. i dont think anyone should feel offended by it, if you are, you might be taking anime a bit too seriously. and i dont think you should feel that tennis is being disgraced by PoT, because in an old tennis magazine i have, they wrote an article about PoT, and a main goal of PoT to to generate fans of the support. i have to say PoT has the best filler episodes ever. they show depth to the characters and are usually extremely funny. the downside to watching PoT is that anime-otakus subs it. they dont have a normal schedule, so sometimes you wait for a month for the next episode to be released.

8. pumpz

Lol yeah this anime makes up its own special moves but hey it fun to watch. But they do talk about how some of the top tennis players play there game. Like Hewitt. hahah "C'MON!".. its not realistic but its fun to watch. And its a kids show so yeah what do you expect.

9. jquchiha

Prince of Tennis is a good anime. Obviously, many of the techniques are not realistic, but it is kind of cool to watch them. Also, some pro players, like Pete Sampras, and the Williams are mentioned... Beside it is very funny, specially the "Inui Remix Deluxe...blah blah juice".
    Fuji is quite awesome with his triple counter... But Tezuka is at another level...

10. Code

Well I liked this seires. Got to episode 8 or so and it was good then the site I was watching it took down the episodes(animeground).

Is the manga better than the anime?

11. jquchiha

don't know, I just watched the anime.

12. wiwarin_mir

Why on earth would you possibly think that any anime series will be completely realistic. I for one do not watch anime for an animated carbon copy of something I could see live action. Anime offers you something different, where the normal rules do not apply, which can be easily done because of the nature of anime.

Prince of tennis is an amazing series, it has all the action of Naruto, the comedy moments akin the Excel saga (like Puri puri family) just with tennis rackets (and breifly with bowling balls and snooker cues).

It is not in spite of the outragious and impossible (well, impossible in our world) techniques that are used that makes PoT great, it is because of them. Would you really watch 150 (so far) episodes of an anime where normal tennis was being played, with all of the special techniques removed? No, you could just tune into the latest tennis tournament.

13. Rurouni

I love this series. It's hard waiting for the next subs to come out. Personally, the best part of the anime is how they totally ignore the law of physics and all that stuff (They can jump like 10 feet in the air ^^).

14. Charlie_K

i love this show.. ok i've seen eps 1-5 only.. but i still like it!

15. DaktheRipper

prince of tennis is lame! " There will be no naruto this week due to a one hour Prince of tennis special".......

16. Charlie_K

dak... have you even watched the show?
    sheesh you're being biased, just because naruto doesnt get shown doesnt mean that prince of tennis is lame, it deserves 1 hour specials because it's a good anime. stop judging it because it makes you wait, watch it instead of naruto and stop complaining. dont act so incompetent

17. wiwarin_mir

And let us not forget the fact that they can selectively turn gravity off and hover with the ball on the racket for several seconds. If you can put up with dodgy hong kong DVD rip of eps 137 - 150 (for the moment), you could try W-dreamers.

18. aLkeMiSt

No Naruto next week?? NooooOO! >_<'

19. wiwarin_mir

Oh grow up, you will only miss it for one week, it is not the end of the world. Anyway, for a PoT special, missing Naruto is forgivable.

20. sharingank

I ADORE PoT. It's a great show, with awesome characters, and a good plot. I never get sick of watching the tennis matches, because they are all so well thought out! Yeah, so we don't get Naruto for a week. Big deal. Read the manga and be happy. :p

21. DaktheRipper

whoa whats with the big word name calling. i was just messing around, anyways...the only sport type anime that i liked what hajime no ippo

22. okay...

anyways, Midoriyama (manga only) = Jyousei Shounan (anime only)
    should have made Kiraku Yasuyuki an anime character

23. kakashi_2004

i love prince of tennis espically the character tezuka come to think of it the time i watch naruto was about the same as prince of tennis and these 2 are non-ending series....

24. ommnibox

anyone here know where i can download epi 142-146? i can't find it on any of the torrent sites

25. mongooseboi

check anime revolution, but i dont think they are up that high yet. im loyal to anime-otakus and they are only up to 141.

26. ommnibox

well, i checked around, and there is kinda a gap. 141, then i see 147? wierd

27. Putredinis

PoT is quite good, but the plot is kinda repetitive...no?

28. Rurouni

Well, it's tennis. The story is basically about Seigaku going to the finals. And W-Dreamers has subbed (Not really, the subs came from Hong Kong) episodes 138-152 (Excluding 151), but, you should only watch them if you want to know what's going to happen. Otherwise, stick with Anime Otakus.

29. ommnibox

where can i find epi 142-150?

30. Rurouni

Try looking them up...