1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Ps2 Help!

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by ShadelessNyght, Oct 20, 2005.

1. ShadelessNyght Never Knows Best

My PS2 for some odd reason won't open. The cover part of it is off (where the ps2 symbol is) and each time I try to open it, it opens enough for the ps2 to say it is open, but gets jammed now even within a second. It comes out a bit but not enough to grabb, then pushes back in automatically. I try holding it down but it will go back in anyway. I've got it to open a few times when this started, but not sure what I did.

I can still go into the browser, as well as Access the Harddrive and memory card. Any clue what I should do?

Tags:
  2. stormbreak ......

If no one here can't help then either go to a gaming forum or call sony. But i recommend you to do that after posting on a gaming forum.
    Btw, this is one of the negative things about a disc tray...

3. Kaki Condensed hits harder

A slide card should work, or substiute, or maby kick it a little bit....

4. Sir.Cruz Amenosato No

I fixed one like this before. The tray is off-track.

If you open the Ps2 very carefully to the point where you can get to the box holding the disc tray, you can open that box. Then lift the disc tray back onto the little track. Problem solved. The worst thing you can do is hold/ force it around.:amuse

5. meekozy RETARD

XD You're on your own buddy, I have no idea how to fix stuff like that

6. exmorte Worlds Most Fabulous Genius

Buy a flip-top and some swap disc's and have fun playing pirat,, errr imported games! then you never have to worry about that little tray again!

7. Avenger2112 Feuer Frei!

when that hapenend to me, i found something jammed in it

8. The Sandwich Prince Rasta Mon!

Open it up and readjust your tray like Cruz said. Your PS2 isn't inredibly complicated inside and as long as you don't knock stuff randomly around or say "OOOH Let's see what a bag of dust will do to you!" you'll be fine. Just make sure you sort the screws by where they screw in at.

I think the tray (Once you initially open your PS2) is in another case inside. If you want like.. an in-depth thing I can do get my old PS2 and pop it open.

9. Uchiha_Zero ◆ڴniper◆ 

Yes, open it up. You have to remove the square grips on the bottem of it to access the screws though.