1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

(psuedo-spoilerfull) Ichigo friends and latent powers

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by buramu, Oct 17, 2006.

1. buramu Member

Sorry if there is already an old thread about this; I have to go to work soon and there's 48 pages to check...

So any musings on what Tatsuki's powers will/would be when/if she's trained up a little, maybe even by Urahara? She's already wicked strong (punching Ichigo into the window was suh-weet) so I feel like it would be a Chad-like power.

Also, if the manga goes on forever, maybe other friends (like Keigo) will get some degree of power as well? He can already see stuff, so who knows...

Tags:
  2. jonat3 Active Member

IMO, Tatsuki doesn't seem to have a strong body. But she has powerful skills allowing her to defeat powerful opponents. So she will probably manifest an ability that she can take out opponents who have far more reiatsu than her with a minimum amount of reiatsu. That's my guess anyway.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  3. buramu Member

Eeeeeenteresting. Do you mean she would be able to control her opponent's reiatsu? Like, maybe she could null it out and then just kick the s**t out of them one on one.

4. Wrath Mourning

Tatsuki does have a strong body - much like Chad, her latent spirit power gave her enhanced physical abilities. Ichigo, Chad, Tatsuki and Orihime all have special traits that are probably a result of their above average spirit power. Keigo either doesn't or we simply don't know enough about him.

Orihime's brother also had the ability to attract dragonflies while he was still human, so he probably had high spirit power for a human. Judging by that it would run in Orihime's family.

The nature of Tatsuki's powers (and she's definitely going to have them, based on that scene with her and Urahara) will tell us something - whether or not Ichigo has always been a Hybrid. Chad has Hollow powers and Orihime has powers similar to Vaizards, and their powers came from Ichigo leaking spirit power all over the place. The question is whether those specific powers were sleeping within them all along or whether their natures were affected by Ichigo. One is a coincidence and two is a pattern, but three would be proof.

5. jonat3 Active Member

Well, i don't know WHAT her abilities will be, but i'm sure it will be an ability that allows her to use her reiatsu at a more efficient, optimum level. Probably something similar to Yoruichi, but more advanced. Heck, she will probably be able to take on powerful opponents pretty early on, despite just having manifested her ability.

Chad and Inoue were BORN with their powers. Urahara said so himself. Abilities manifested in bleach are the result of the personality of the person itself. Ichigo did not cause their abilities, he merely awakened them.

As for Chad, i don't think his abilities have anything to do with hollows AT ALL. IMO, Chad's ability converts the life energy of his powerful body into reiatsu.

6. buramu Member

I don't know what Chad's power is like. I only know it ISN'T a shinigami power. It's hollowlike in the sense that he grows an armor, which I suppose is similar to a hollow mask by it being a protective layer, but that's all I got.

7. Sasori-puppet#02 Delicious Burger

Since when did this happen? And if you think Tatsuki is even remotely close to ripping a telephone pole in half, then you lose!

I have never seen Tatsuki demonstrate anything like enhanced physical abilities. The only thing out of the ordinary is her noticing Orihime's disappearance.

That being said, I DO believe that Tatsuki should get some sort of super ability. Something similar to Chad would be too repetitive, something like fast movement (shunpo) is way too overdone. Something like using reiatsu attacks would be too reminiscent of Rukia when she was stuck in that gigai.

With regards to Keigo and Mizuiro, I believe that they are solely there for comic relief. It's true that Keigo has seen shinigami/hollows/arrancar, but I think he won't develop beyond that.

8. Parell Sushi = love

I don't think Sora catching dragonflies easily has anything to do with spiritual powers. >,<

Keigo does have some power, being able to block an attack from a highly trained shinigami, and if that counts for nothing I'm not sure what does. The fact that Keigo is always 'around' is proff enough to him getting powers sooner or later.

9. Sasori-puppet#02 Delicious Burger

The thing is, once too many normal humans begin to develop supernatural abilities, it starts to get ridonkulous. Keep following a trend like that, and eventually the school janitor starts kicking ass.

10. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Well the fact she was kinda winning against all those guys who were poessed by the hollow until she saw Chizuru kinda shows she's at least top tier human

Obviously not steel-girder back bending level but clearly enough so she could probably beat more real life humans in a fight

11. buramu Member

Didn't she come in second place in a Karate tournament, and wasn't the reason she only got second that she was hit by a CAR before her last fight? SHE WAS HIT BY A CAR AND STILL FOUGHT. Plus, as I said before, she did this:

She's cock-diesel for a human.

12. theleaningelm Quintessence

Agreed w/ buramu. She's the second strongest girl in Japan--the (arm wrestling, I thought it was?) tournament was at a national level, and could have easily gotten first.

Although, I don't think Tatsuki will ever really develop her powers. How many girls in Bleach are all that strong and shown as cool?

Rukia--keeps getting PWNED two pages after she starts looking cool.
    Orihime--has no self-esteem. Plus, none of the guys acknowledge her strength; they keep trying to "keep her safe" on the sidelines.
    Hiyori--pwned by Ichigo, plus it looks like Shinji is just letting her shove him around.
    Lisa--awesome, but was closer to her limit than the guys when fighting Mango.
    Kuukaku--disappears off the face of the Earth after being cool for a few chapters.
    Yachiru--comic relief, plain and simple.
    Yoruichi--runs from everything AND disappears off the face of the Earth.
    Soi Fong--made out to be a bitch. Plus she's not all that strong.
    Ururu--got her ass kicked and exists to let Jinta pick on her.

...need I go on? There's just no way Kubo's going to let her "roll with the boys", because he's never done it before this point, and isn't likely to start.

13. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Unlike Orihime and Chad, Tatsuki and Keigo have no special powers beyond a much higher level of reiatsu than the average human. They could potentially pick up Shinigami powers in the same way that most Shinigami acquire their powers, but right now Tatsuki and Keigo have just "generic" power like Ganju and Kuukaku.

14. Wrath Mourning

Unless, of course, the special powers of Orihime and Chad came from Ichigo.. And even if they didn't, you have no way of knowing that Tatsuki and Keigo don't have similar powers anyway.

15. Hat Hair Back in Black

Assuming that the ability is linked to her personality, then I agree that her abilities would be similar to Chad. Where the former personifies brute strength I think Tatsuki focuses more on skill as is apparent with her martial arts skills. With that said, the first idea that came to mind with the similar-yet-different approach would be extra arms. Yes, it sounds lame and a rip of Chad's abilities, but keep in mind that the way Chad fights and the way Tatsuki fights are different. Having multiple arms for Tatsuki would allow her to overwhelm the opponent in terms of hand-to-hand combat, her forte; imagine fighting someone who can throw jabs, uppercuts, grapple, and utilize submission moves all at once, literally dozens of hands all doing different things at the same time, it would be like fighting an entire school of martial artist, which could play into the "dojo destroyer" archetype that could be attached to Tatsuki.

That's my initial thought, at least.

16. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

Yoruichi can train her in martial arts, but do we need ANOTHER martial art master woman? (Soi Fon-Yoruichi)
    It was martial arts tournament, and had males in it too. She lost to a guy, so its possible shes the best female fighter in Japan.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  17. Suspect Same shit, different day.

I always loved Tatsuki <3 she has that cute tomboy haircut that i just adore in girls =p. Would be wicked if she gets more panels, and even better if shes fighting in em :O.

18. zagman505 Shakou, Hitsuki!

i'm pretty sure that tatsuki will be getting powers, and probably keigo too... >_<

and... i think that tatsuki's power would probably be a mixture of something like chad, and speed. so weaker than chad but a lot faster.

btw, was it specifically stated that chad's powers were hollow-like? i don't think so. all that urahara said was that it wasn't like shinigami (fighting using the power within- using spiritual power from the soul) and it wasn't like quincy (fighting using outside powers- using spiritual power from the atmosphere). i still don't believe that chad has hollow-ish powers...

19. Red Viking Northern Skald

Tatsuki gaining spirit powers would be the deal breaker for me. One of the reasons I stopped reading Bleach was because she was my fav character and, well, since she didn't have any powers, she was naturally put on the back burner. But I think her gaining actual powers has been forshadowed when it was revealed she could see ghosts.

BTW, your mention made me think of the janitor from Scrubs. If the school janitor's anything like him, he SHOULD get powers to kick ass with. :p

20. Khamzul Read over there ->

I would like her to more Shinigami like than Orihime / Chad. Hopefully more rogue like, possibly knives? Would be cool if she used thrown weapons, although I find it very unlikely. I just hope she get's something that is badass, not just wierd (like Orihime's fairies).

Kiego will probably have powers too - My guess is a twohand sword - european style, because he has referred to "knight in white armor" (or something like that) and wondered if there was a secret sword unlocked in the school uniform. I just hope he doesn't get an oldschool european style armor - but a Samurai outfit would be cool.

Just a quick and probably unneccesary correction: It was a female tournament, but she almost won against a "man ape" with a broken arm (which she got after being hit by a car before the fight).