1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Psyren Theories

Discussion in 'Featured Manga of December 2009 (a)' started by Waveblade, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Waveblade

So guys what are your personal theories for Psyren? Most of the theories I have subscribed to throughout the chapters have been proved dismally wrong (God I remember when everyone was so sure that Ageha's sister was Lady Nemesis-fun times), except for the Ouroboros asteroid/space amoeba capable of some degree of thought. :)

Oh and said asteroid I think originates from another dimension (Cosmic horror ftw)

Tags:
  2. Bergelmir

No one else has theories? :(

As for mine: Ageha is going to end up almost causing the destruction of the planet, or a good chunk of it. His being the "starry sky" gives him too many connections to WISE and Ouroborus.

Also, a pet theory I've had is that the Ouroborus is not coming to Earth out of malice. Instead it is coming to help or warn Earth from some future threat. If you think about it, Psyren(the future, not the manga) has completely culled the weak. The humanity that remains is, for the most part, insanely stronger than before. Perhaps there is a looming threat that even Grigori 7 and the boys in the future don't know about. To summarize: Ouroborus = a Darwinian Cthulhu. :amuse

3. Waveblade

^I've been thinking Lovecraftian Elder Gods type of thing as well (Cthulhu was pissed when space amoeba Ouroboros barged in on his turf. Oh, and waking him up early.)

I thought of a crazy theory this chapter - Oboro was a former Grigori who memory was altered/wiped. He's the only one of the drifters that we don't have a background on and he finds using psy extremely easy.

:beardthing

4. Bergelmir

I thought the same thing about Oboro for a bit. But then I remembered he was a celebrity. His past was probably well documented, and being locked away for several years in a top secret goverment experiment is probably hard to hide. His sharingan-like ease to use psychic abilities is fishy though. :hmm

5. Waveblade

Indeed, he may or may not be Grigori but until the time we get flashbacks for Oboro I'm keeping an open mind to the possibilities.

6. Bergelmir

Heh. Never a bad idea to be open to any possibilities. Especially with Psyren.

7. Sin

I remember the "Future Ageha is Nemesis Q" theories.

Good times.

8. Tayimus

I didn't believe the "Future Ageha is Nemesis Q" theory as much as I did the "Future Fubuki (Ageha's older sister) is Nemesis Q". Man, I was emotionally invested in that one! Still, we were close though... Lady Nemesis ended up being somebody's sister. :edu

As for new theories... I got nothing but questions about the missing Grigori Numbers. Possible allies? Possible enemies? BOTH!? Who knows! :argh

9. Bergelmir

Indeed. Good times they were. The only reason I didn't subscribe to that theory was because Ageha's ability was Melchee's Door. Not time travel.

At one point, I did think that Ageha was Amagi's brother or relative due to the seeming similarity in abilities. 'Course, now its obvious how different they are in every way(with a few exceptions).

So here's another question: What really retarded theories did you guys used to have(or still have)?

For example, I thought Ageha's freinds(who never showed up after chapter 1) were aliens in disguise influencing Ageha's life. At the time, I was thinking that the Psyren future was going to be caused by a time loop: Ageha and crew's actions were going to actually cause the future to come to pass, which of course would only ensure the future directly causing Ageha to take action in the first place. And thus, the aliens masquerading as Ageha's friends were pushing him to cause the Psyren future to come to pass.

Pretty silly, in retrospect. :doh

10. Tayimus

^Oh god, you just touched upon the Time Paradox issue. Terminator all over again... :D:

Anyway, I've been wondering bout another thing lately. Are there gonna be any more calls if Lady Nemesis is in a totally different Reality than Ageha and the others? Would Lady Nemesis in the present be strong enough to create the Nemesis Q program? Speaking of that, if she is strong enough, would she then allow Matsuri to return to the game?

11. Penance

Hasn't there been a theory about Ageha having a connection to Uroboros?

12. Tayimus

Not that I know of. But that reminds me, I believe Ageha's father, Asuka, is a former Drifter. I'm sorry, but I call foul on him whupping Ageha's ass like that. You don't get that good from learning on the internet. Not unless you're name is Oboro. Ageha's a good fighter even without Psi, as shown by how he fought Alfred and Tatsuo. On top of that, Rise is passive until focused means he should have been far stronger than a regular teenage boy. Yet with all that Asuka owned his ass! Foul, just foul.

I'll bet that Asuka was caught in the game even before Matsuri. And when he awakened his Psi, he used the online karate course (i.e. bullshit) as an excuse for him getting stronger. And during his calls he found out bout Oroboros, and since he was already a scientist, he started studying the asteroid in the Present.

The reason why he hasn't told Ageha is that he doesn't know that Ageha is a Drifter too, and doesn't know he can talk to him about Psyren (for that matter, how the hell did Amamiya and Matsuri find each other?). It'd be something if Asuka knows older Drifters, like Elmore's husband or Usui (we still haven't seen him again in the Present...).

13. Bergelmir

See, I was thinking that Ageha's dad was a natural psychic. He just doesn't know it. We already know that psi abilities depend solely on willpower and visualization of psi. Remember the Rise training chapters? The guys needed to just visualize themselves being faster and stronger, and voila! They were faster and stronger.

Same goes for Ageha's dad. He was a pretty weak willed person before his wife died. By learning karate online, he learned to visualize himself performing the techniques - because with no intimate help from someone else, visualization and image training is all you've got for getting the forms right. He's probably tapping into his psi ability unconsciously.

Thats my take on it, at least. We already have precedence for the visualization bit and the unconscious use of Rise bit from the Rise-training chapters.

That said, I like the idea of Ageha's dad being a former-Drifter. The only thing I don't get is that he has no 'aura' of lying or even seeming the slightest bit worried that the world is coming to an end in less than a year. Only Matsuri has shown that level of seeming not too worried about the future, and she's drunk half the time.