1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Quan Zhi Gao Shou (The King's Avatar)

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by White Wolf, Apr 16, 2017.

1. White Wolf Super Moderator

Genres: Action, Game, Adventure, Comedy
    Synopsis:
    Anyone else watching this? So far 2 episodes out.

It's a Chinese MMO themed animu, has some pretty decent animation and good characterization thus far. The MC is OP in a sense, but rather likeable and due to a myriad of reasons there's some feels thrown around in regards to his journey on Glory.

Would recommend it for MMO fans, or even SAO fans maybe. I find it better than SAO personally, but yea some of the same themes since it's an MMO parallel.

Tags:
  2. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

It's really nothing like Sword Art Online. It's a series about a pro gamer who plays MMOs, not a guy who gets stuck in or plays VRMMOs. The result in the chinese cartoon might be similar but it's different.

3. Viole1369 Well-Known Member

Isnt hard to be better then Sao tbf
    U just don't have to suck at every level
    :pff

4. White Wolf Super Moderator

:lmao

Tru

It's pretty sweet so far anyways, nice boss fights, nice story, bunch of feels.
    Looks like it'll only have 12 episodes, though probably can have more than one season since it's based off of some novel.

5. Viole1369 Well-Known Member

It could have few 100 ep anime lol
    The novel is completed at 1728 chaps.
    17 chaps per ep is already too much

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. White Wolf Super Moderator

Got dam. :shocked
    I guess he goes from lv1 to lv9001 in the story.

7. Viole1369 Well-Known Member

Possibly yea considering its Chinese novel

8. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Someone I know who read it dropped it like 300+ chapters in or so. I'm not even sure how long this would go on for? So far so good though aside from the CGi people. It's refreshing to get a series with a totally Chinese feel.

9. Evil C.C. Evil

>still no translated episode 3 when even episode 4 raw is out

:catcry

10. White Wolf Super Moderator

ikr

The site I watch on trolled me few days ago
    > ep 3 out
    > click
    > raw
    > ...

11. Evil C.C. Evil

Ep 3 with subs apparently some ppl got pissed and finally sat down and translated themselve :D

12. White Wolf Super Moderator

Sweet episode :bury
    The way the blue river guy was fangirling at how he destroyed the one wave raid, and then the arena battles. Damn good.

Xiao's a cutie and a good player even though she doesn't know much about GLORY, but now that he lit a fire in her she's going to become a beast.

Since with how the story is going with him meeting individual good players who are more noticeable than the rest wonder if he'll have a team/guild of his own. Little Moon, the blue river guy, Xiao and the boss as starters?

Nonetheless so much potential :wtf

13. Evil C.C. Evil

Maybe a small group enough for raiding and stuff. I kinda don't see him as the type of going with whole guild as in guild i understand a group of a lot of ppl more than enough for raid/party.

Prolly those people will become his team and when his ban is lift off he will destroy his old team.

In total i see a lot of potential. I'll probably read the Novel if it has translation once the animation is over.

14. Evil C.C. Evil

Episode 4 with subs. It's fanmade ones, but are quite decent the to say it official ones aka the good subgroup that does subs for it Bai something will prolly get them out next weekend.

15. White Wolf Super Moderator

:catshivers

I can dig it, gonna watch now. :catflowa

16. Evil C.C. Evil

It's pretty nice only sad thing is i heard that they are rushing it a bit and skipping few stuff since with end of that 4th episode they are at like 75-80 chapter of the novel.

17. White Wolf Super Moderator

That was a good episode, finally world boss time! Looks like he has some major competition in the end there, someone broke his record by a lot. Things are gonna get heated real fast.

I don't really mind the pace, Chinese series tend to be seriously underrated and unloved so better to pack a lot into a season and hope for a 2nd with equally as much compared to just one season of not a lot happening. :/

18. Evil C.C. Evil

Yeah i agree on that. It looks like it has a lot of potential so we just have to hope it makes enough sales for them to decide to go with season 2.

Yeah that was interesting development. It's time for him to go real and grab the players he wants for a serious party, cause atm it looks like he is just finding newbies and doing 99% of the work. He gotta make that team and start breaking records.

19. White Wolf Super Moderator

Yup, let's hope so. He has options as far as team members go and he's highly skilled as a commander so I don't doubt he'll crush these new guys once he gets serious.

I think he'll get Little Moon, the guy from Blue River, Xiao and the Wolverine brawler thus far. That'd be a 5 member party so seems like the right amount, or is it 4 players :catthinks might leave out the blue river guy then if it's 4, since he has a guild/team already anyways. Though he's pretty funny so even better if he's a part of it.

That would give them a good amount of versatility and if they all follow Ye Xiu's orders well they should be a top tier crew.

20. Evil C.C. Evil

Well they are trying to make some connection with the Blue River guy, but i kinda can't see him joining the party more like being a side hoe or something. From the looks of it the party are 4 people in that game so others fit perfectly.

We can wait and see unless i decide to say fuck it and read the novel before the anime is over :D

21. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

Wasn't expecting to see three familiar faces when I opened the thread. :blackhug

Just finished the first four episodes and I've got to say I'm really digging this series so far, the balance of story/action/humour is great and the quality/fluidity of the art is damn impressive. Thought Ye Xiu's god-moding might get a bit old after a few episodes but he's so effortlessly cool you can't help but fanboy over him. :catsweat

Nice to see Little Moon and the others back, I'm hoping we see Tang Rou in the mix pretty soon as well.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  22. Evil C.C. Evil

Welp i couldn't handle it and started reading the novel :D i am on chapter 100 already so like you could say i am on ep5. From what i see they been skipping some parts which IMO were important to be showed, but they still going well just some stuff feel a little weird in the anime in terms of story, but still i must say they doing good job compared to how usually Manhua go compared to the novels.

23. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

Damn it Evil I'm trying not to give into temptation to read it so I don't spoil myself. :catprone

(For anyone who wants to give in)

I hope this does well, it's good enough that it deserves to.

24. Evil C.C. Evil

Well lets just say they explained better a lot of stuff about how the game works, whats actually a silver item which was just said in the anime and other stuff.

But i would suggest reading after the season end haha

25. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

Oh yeah, after ep 12 I'm barrelling through the novel, but I don't want to spoil stuff on myself before then.

26. Stannis Based

Germany
    i'm quite enjoying this. the visuals are something else.

27. White Wolf Super Moderator

Episode 5 is out.

Sweet episode, they're getting serious finally. They really make the episode sad every time they bring up his past, lol. :catcry The drunk is a bitch but can't expect anything else from that team. :dank

Su Mu is a cutie coming to help her old friend.

Next episode should be them beating the record probably by a lot, under 10 mins even I'm guessing. Since the 3 pros the other guys used look like scrubs compared to Yi Qui and Su Mu :catblush

Looks like Xiao and the brick guy will be definite additions to his team since they're becoming staple parts of the raids, the others seem uncertain still, doubt Su Mu will stick around... though it would be nice if she did, lol.

28. Evil C.C. Evil

I have become novel reader so i don't think i can give an accurate representation of how the episode went and i'll just sound like a hater :D.

But overall if i didn't know some things that were rushed through i would say that it was a nice episode and the pace is okay even if they skip a lot of stuff they are putting a lot of main parts so that's good enough for me.

Other than that i like how they are showing the relantionship between Su Mu and Yi Qie it was pretty good and i like the art and all tbh it looks quite successful so far, it's only sad that's it's just 12 episode, if it was 24 episode it would have become way way better cause they could control the story better.

29. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

Waiting for a decent quality subbed version to come out, gave in and started reading the novel though so it'll be interesting to see what gets cut.

30. Evil C.C. Evil

the good quality sub come a week later like now there should be good quality subs for episode 4. The main translation gruop that is with experience and all translates with a week delay